settings:

Regen phase current set up on 70 A
Max regen volatage end 54.5
max regen voltahe start 54.1

Brake voltage starts 0.85 v
Brake voltage max 0.00 v
( the same settings on the CA)

Hall sensors are ok and autotune test done with success

when I run Phase rinner suite software in dash board on the right side I can see Motor RPM and Vehicle Speed and numbers are changing when I run engine

But no km/h shows on the CA 3

Can anybody advise what should I do and where to check that

Thanks Guys !

Lucas

So - to more or less cover the obvious - you are using a DD motor I guess since a gear motor would have these exact symptoms on the stand by design... :D
Moving on:

Re: no speed
Go to the Setup/SETUP SPDOMETER screen and verify that:
  • the wheel diameter is correct,
  • the number of motor poles is correct (probably 23 or so), and
  • the little arrow on the 'poles' glyph toggles up and down as you rotate the motor.
The first two are needed to correctly compute speed/distance and the last is a direct indication that the CA is receiving the SPD signal from the CA-DP cable.

Re: no regen
You didn't mention which version of 3.1 beta firmware you are running, so which regen features are in play is unclear.
To perform a simple test of basic regen operation:
  1. Go to Setup and set the BrakeOut voltage to 0V. This may either be in the Ebrake or ThrO menus depending on which beta version you have.
  2. Exit Setup and go to the Diagnostic Screen.
  3. Examine the Throttle OUT field - this should read your configured ThrO->MinOut voltage.
  4. Applying the ebrakes should send the Throttle OUT voltage to 0V which should signal the PR to apply max regen.
  5. Take the bike for a ride and evaluate the regen effect when braking.
These basic tests should help you localize the issues in either the CA, wiring, or PR. After that, the hunt continues to find/remedy the specific issue...

Thanks for quick reply :)

yes I am using 1500 W Hub leaf motor

teklektik said:
[*]the little arrow on the 'poles' glyph toggles up and down as you rotate the motor.[/list]

when I go to this menu nothing happening there on the screen as I am moving the wheel

I am running CA with 3.1 beta firmware

but I can see changes on rpm and km/h values on the phase runner suite software when I moving the wheel

hmm.... so strange

searching continues

teklektik said:
Re: no regen

[*]Examine the Throttle OUT field - this should read your configured ThrO->MinOut voltage.
[*]Applying the ebrakes should send the Throttle OUT voltage to 0V which should signal the PR to apply max regen.
[*]Take the bike for a ride and evaluate the regen effect when braking.[/list]
These basic tests should help you localize the issues in either the CA, wiring, or PR. After that, the hunt continues to find/remedy the specific issue...

voltage set up to 0V

went for a quick ride

I can see on the display that brake is engaged during braking

still no regen

lukas999 said:
when I go to this menu nothing happening there on the screen as I am moving the wheel
That most likely indicates that the yellow Spd Wire in the CA-DP cable is not connecting the CA PCB to the PR connector. So - a hardware/wiring issue. The CA-DP Spd signal is little more than a hall signal, so if the motor runs, the PR can see it - and so should the CA. If not, then it's getting lost on the way....

Check the CA-DP connectors to ensure that the male or female JST pins are seated correctly and not pushed back into the plastic shroud. Pinouts, etc are shown on the last page of the Guide (see: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=571345#p571345).

If the pins look okay, you will need to get a meter, pop open the CA, and test continuity from CA-DP connector pin to the CA PCB (yellow wire) where it is soldered to the board.

lukas999 said:

still no regen
But - just to verify - does the OUT voltage go to 0V on the diagnostic screen when you apply the brakes?
If it does and you still are getting no regen, then you have a PR config issue because the CA is doing its job but the PR is ignoring it...

teklektik said:
lukas999 said:

still no regen
But - just to verify - does the OUT voltage go to 0V on the diagnostic screen when you apply the brakes?
If it does and you still are getting no regen, then you have a PR config issue because the CA is doing its job but the PR is ignoring it...

yes
Voltage goes to 0 V

still no regen braking

I have set up now
on the PH

brake voltage starts 0.85 V
max brake voltage 0.0 V

CA settings out 0.85

when I squeeze brakes voltage on CA display goes to 0.85 and when I turn the trothle goes down to 0 V

I will check that yellow wire

I check all the wires on the line

Thank You for Your help teklektik
I appreciate that

Lucas

teklektik said:
lukas999 said:
That most likely indicates that the yellow Spd Wire in the CA-DP cable is not connecting the CA PCB to the PR connector. So - a hardware/wiring issue. The CA-DP Spd signal is little more than a hall signal, so if the motor runs, the PR can see it - and so should the CA. If not, then it's getting lost on the way....

Check the CA-DP connectors to ensure that the male or female JST pins are seated correctly and not pushed back into the plastic shroud. Pinouts, etc are shown on the last page of the Guide (see: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=571345#p571345).

If the pins look okay, you will need to get a meter, pop open the CA, and test continuity from CA-DP connector pin to the CA PCB (yellow wire) where it is soldered to the board.

Hey teklektik

yellow wire is perfect

Just checked with the meter

also I checked all the wires and JST pins

loos like alls good with them

connections on the CA pcb board are nice and clean, can't see any damage

please advise

Thank You for Your help

Lucas

By the way the CA throttle is behaving, it sounds like you did not set the BrakeOut voltage as I called out since you still needed to turn the throttle to get a 0V throttle OUT reading. This was still a valid test, but the devil is in the details...

That caveat aside - it sounds like the CA is working properly, the signals are getting to/from the PR, so this may be a PR config snafu.

At this point you might cut away the heat shrink on the PR CA-DP connector and probe the signals on the PR side to see if the Spd signal toggles up/down 0-5V as you turn the motor, but the regen business cannot be a connection issue since it's part of the Throttle signal. These seem unrelated but could be part of a general PR malaise episode when its config gets out of whack and it has a hissy fit.

I confess to not being proficient with the PR - the little buggers have given me fits. I had a nasty throttle/regen issue on my last PR that I couldn't fix until I flashed the default XML file from the PR thread and then reconfigured and re-autotuned the PR from there w/o changing the system voltage (left it at the default).

So - short form - it looks to me like the CA is working okay but the PR is a little neurotic. I recommend contacting Grin and getting an assist from the experts on both. If you want to fiddle before getting a response, skip over to the PR thread and grab the XML file Justin posted, load it up and re-tune the PR making the absolute minimum adjustments exactly as Justin calls out in the manual - no extras. Can't hurt and is likely one of the first things they will recommend.

Apologies if this sounds like a shotgun solution, but that's all I've got on this one...

teklektik said:
By the way the CA throttle is behaving, it sounds like you did not set the BrakeOut voltage as I called out since you still needed to turn the throttle to get a 0V throttle OUT reading. This was still a valid test, but the devil is in the details...

That caveat aside - it sounds like the CA is working properly, the signals are getting to/from the PR, so this may be a PR config snafu.

At this point you might cut away the heat shrink on the PR CA-DP connector and probe the signals on the PR side to see if the Spd signal toggles up/down 0-5V as you turn the motor, but the regen business cannot be a connection issue since it's part of the Throttle signal. These seem unrelated but could be part of a general PR malaise episode when its config gets out of whack and it has a hissy fit.

I confess to not being proficient with the PR - the little buggers have given me fits. I had a nasty throttle/regen issue on my last PR that I couldn't fix until I flashed the default XML file from the PR thread and then reconfigured and re-autotuned the PR from there w/o changing the system voltage (left it at the default).

So - short form - it looks to me like the CA is working okay but the PR is a little neurotic. I recommend contacting Grin and getting an assist from the experts on both. If you want to fiddle before getting a response, skip over to the PR thread and grab the XML file Justin posted, load it up and re-tune the PR making the absolute minimum adjustments exactly as Justin calls out in the manual - no extras. Can't hurt and is likely one of the first things they will recommend.

Apologies if this sounds like a shotgun solution, but that's all I've got on this one...

Thanks man

I am getting to work now

I try what You suggest

Maybe this will work

fingers crossed

Thank You for Your Help

I let You know what the progress

Lucas

lukas999 said:
teklektik said:

Thanks man

I am getting to work now

I try what You suggest

Maybe this will work

fingers crossed

Thank You for Your Help

I let You know what the progress

Lucas

I flashed Phase Runner with xml file from grin web side

no km/h shows on the CA display

no regen braking

no braking at all

I wrote email to the ebikes.ca

I hope this will be solved

Thank You all for Your help

I give up with this now

UPDATE:

Thanks to technical suport from the ebikes.ca

Robbie & Steven You guys are legends! :)

all works as it should be

Phase Runner is a very compact and powerfull device

Hope to deal again with Grin Technologies

Thank You All

Lucas

amberwolf said:
Maybe you could post the actual solution, so others with the same problem that find this thread can fix theirs, too?

blue wire between the green throttle signal under the throttle plug

They should be linked under the heat-shrink of the 3-pin throttle plug on the Phaserunner.

and that's it

I messed with cables a bit :)

Also I flashed PR with firmware file that They sent me

Lucas

im having the same problem with the regen. the CA shows that im getting some regen, but its not actually working.

could you explain a bit more on how this was solved? maybe send me the the firmware they sent you.

If the CA shows you're getting reverse current flow, then regen is happening.

If it's not causing significant braking force, the you'd need to turn up the level of regen (I don't know how to do that in the PR) until it does cause the braking force you're after.

Back