Post your Pets here!

I "borrowed" Doofus for an afternoon photo shoot... does that count? Here is the best of the pix. Doofus is one fun "Puppy"
Doofus1.jpg

bigmoose said:
I "borrowed" Doofus for an afternoon photo shoot... does that count? Here is the best of the pix. Doofus is one fun "Puppy"
Doofus1.jpg

Impressive radiator on Doofus :)

I have a cool form of heterochromia like that dog. The central and symmetrical type. My eyes look like this:
180px-Central_Heterochromia_Example_Blue_&_Brown.png

That dog has it asymmetrically, which is somewhat common in animals, and pretty rare in humans.

Heterochromia.jpg

differentiriscolour.JPG

WaardenbergHeterochromia_cropped.jpg

as requested. chickens lack in the brains department, but make up for it in eggs. We had 7 raised from chicks, until we put them out in the full-size pen for the first time. One of them decided to poke his head out of the pen while my dog was next to it. We missed the action, but figured out what happened from the headless body laying next to the fence- unless it was an inside job. :shock:

buck, buck, buck, buck, BUCK!

Attachments

• chickens.jpg
    chickens.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,857
will_newton said:
chickens lack in the brains department, but make up for it in eggs.

MV5BMjEzODU2MTA2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUwODUxMQ@@._V1._CR0,0,263,263_SS100_.jpg

The Natural History of the Chicken
[youtube]NkxO91TLKVg[/youtube]
DVD box sez:
reveals that this small, common and seemingly simple animal is as complex and grand as any of Earth's creatures.

My wife and I have two dogs, both rescues.

Whitman is about 1.5 years old, we got him at about 3 months. We really have no idea what he is, best guesses for the mix include wheaten terrier, tibetan terrier, bearded collie, and irish wolfhound. He's basically a 55-lb teddy bear with playful personality to match.

IMG_2379_small.JPG

Alton is older, roughly 3-5 years old. We got him about 6 months ago, he was a stray before the rescue got him. We think he's a bearded collie, or maybe a beardie mix. He's a bit of a grumpy old man sometimes, but he's warmed up a lot and becoming a lot more personable.

IMG_2299_small.JPG

My pet died years ago. No more for me. I dug him up awhile back. He's still there!

Put down the old guy a few weeks back. We went to check out the dogs at the pound but came back with these guys instead.. Old guy was so cool he converted us in to cat peeps I guess..

Attachments

• kitty.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 842
  • oldguy.jpg
    oldguy.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 671
This is my little guy, his name is einstein and he is a lazy dog. He won't even get a job, just lounges about the house all day.

photo(7).jpg

Nana ended up having nine puppies, and one of them adopted me and all the adult dogs very fast. So eight of them have new homes, but Hachi stayed. Since Nana came preloaded I don't know who the father(s) were, but three of the pups didn't look Bernie, but rather German Shepherd. Hachi has the fuzzy Bernie coat, but as you can see she doesnt' look the part, in this family group shot:
DSC02462.JPG
and she LOVES sticks. Even ones that used to be rakes. :(
DSC02463.JPG
She's only about 22 pounds right now, and it is all leg, mouth, and stomach. :)

And finally a pic of Bonnie showing her most true nature:
DSC02458.JPG

And finally a pic of Bonnie showing her most true nature:

I have a pit/sharpei mix and I've always said the easiest way to murder her would be to just kick the dog food barrel over as I left the house. she has gorged herself to blimp like status on many occasions. Her problem is that she doesn't eat the food, she inhales it.

Yeah, I don't keep up with it very well these days. :( I tend to let it build up and then go after it all at once. It feels eaiser, though it probably isn't.

Nana and Fred think they're helping by recycling it, though. :roll:

Oh, and that bag is actually empty already; Bonnie just has to lick it clean before she'll let me throw it away. :)

A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: 'Talking Dog For Sale '

He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there.

• 'You talk?' he asks.

'Yep,' the Lab replies.

After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says 'So, what's your story?'

The Lab looks up and says, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.'

'I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running. But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.' 'I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired.'

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

'Ten dollars,' the guy says.

'Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?'

'Because he's a liar. He never did any of that shit.

This is my cat Frankie, she passed on suddenly on January 13 of this year. She had undiagnosed heart disease and on the 13th her little heart gave out. She was my best friend and i will miss her and never forgot her. We had a special bond that made her a little different then your average cat. Most cats don't bond so tightly with their owners but she did. Frankie was a rescued cat, she had lived the first year and a half of her life hiding where ever she could from a Rottweiler who didn't like cats. When I got her she was very skittish and not very trusting of people or loud sounds. over time she warmed up to me and became part of my life. The reason I say she was different then your average cat is because one night a stranger broke into my house and she put herself in harms way to protect me. I woke up in the middle of the night and head her making that growling screech that cats make when they fight. I was half asleep wondering what was wrong when I felt I wasn't alone, I jumped up and there was this guy standing just inside my bedroom door, moving towards me. I flicked on the light and I started yelling at him to get the F%&K out. He sort of pitched forward and Frankie pounced on his face. She bit and scratched for all she was worth. He knocked her off and as she flew through the air she spun around, she landed on her feet and pounced again. I wrestled him to the floor while he was distracted. She never gave up, she kept fighting no matter whet he did. My land lord came up stairs after hearing the noise and it was then I discovered it was the tenant from upstairs. He was , apparently, out celebrating his birthday and was to out of it to know he wasn't in his apartment. He was so out of it we had to carry him up to his apartment. The whole time Frankie wouldn't let him be, in the end I had to hold on to her squirming and wriggling for all she was worth. just as I was opening my door she got lose and ran up to his apartment. The door was locked but she still tried to get in. The rest of the night she stalked around the apartment every bit fur bristled. From that day on she alway's hissed at him when ever she saw him outside or heard him go past the door. I saw him a couple of day's later and his face, arms and hands where a mess. He still didn't know what had happened to him. She got all the treats she wanted for a while after that. I am not sure what she was thinking but she was an eight pound blurr of pissed off claws and teeth. I suspect she let out all her rage and anger from the Rottweiler out on that guy. The land lord laughed so hard when I explained, he said "Looks like he picked the wrong apartment in more then one way." After that she would bring me mice and put them next to me. I would praise her flush the mangled things.
View attachment Frankie 1.jpg
View attachment Frankie 2.jpg
View attachment Frankie 3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh6Cz4XofDc

there's a video to and hope you enjoyed the story. I need to find some tissue's now. I figured it was best to share her memory with everyone.

Cheers

I think Max could pass as Frankie's brother. After our 19 year old cat died a few years ago my wife said she wanted another male cat and she was going to name him Max.

I went to an animal shelter in Eugene and was trying to check out one cat when another one ran over to me. I checked his collar, and the shelter folks had named him Max!

Needless to say, he came home with me and has been a great companion ever since.

Attachments

• Max July 2009 002.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 851
IT'a odd how things like that happen. my cousin who works at a vet clinic said that cats are not like dogs, in that they chose their owner not the other way around. Frankie didn't' want much to do with anyone but she let me scratch her ears when I first saw her. The vet said I was the first one she let do that. Thanks vanilla ice , It's good therapy to share things with others. I'm still getting over it, I look at her favorite perch and some times expect to see her there looking out the window. She alway's slept with me and I still wait to feel her jump up on the bed after I get settle away for the night. If Aliens ever come here they will think that the cats and dogs run the place. Who else would we do so much for when all we ask in return is some companionship. Not to many things in life are like that, no strings attached. Aww dam it, where are those tissues again?

Cheers
Bunga

Max is a nice looking cat. Even with the devil eyes he's got going on. LOL. I suspect his purr sounds like a truck starting up though. Frankie sounded like a diesel engine ticking over.

My best dogs chose me, rather than me, them. :) Lady did, at the pound, before I even knew she was the dog I'd gone down to see. Hachi seems to have, too--but I'm the first human she had any interaction with, so it's probably normal.

Max is a nice looking cat. Even with the devil eyes he's got going on. LOL. I suspect his purr sounds like a truck starting up though. Frankie sounded like a diesel engine ticking over.
Actually you can hardly hear Max's purr. Son and his wife have a cat and he does sound like a truck.

Although I feel Max chose me, when I took a hold of him at the shelter to read his collar he promptly bit me. He soon accepted I was the alpha male and he only bites my wife now. It's a play thing and she eggs him on, but occasionally he will stalk her and attack her legs. She loves it and then they cuddle up together. :D

LoL Frankie used to do that do. I used to start scratching her ears and rubbing her neck and smoothing her cheek, the purring would get louder and then the LOVE CHOMP. Not really hard just a nip but then she would start rubbing her cheek on my arm. Then the washing would begin, starting with my hand she would go up my arm and if I moved my arm she would put her paw up and push my arm back down. after that she would curl up ad go to sleep, purring all the while.

Back