Put adjustable current limit on my speed controller

Hi

Added the mod on a 3 pin xlr to another 35A controller, this will be going on to a full suss rig running an X5 at 72V, I want to use the current adjuster to play around and keep the current levels down, this will vary it between 20 and 35A, this mod works great having it on a 3 pin xlr makes swapping it out if I have a problem nice and easy.

Knoxie

Attachments

• current adjuster.jpg
    current adjuster.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,755
Hi all
recovering from my wife and her twin sisters 40th birthday party it finished at 6 in the morning, we went to bed at gone 4.Desided to resurrect the Idea of a speed and current limiter combined yes I know the db2 has this feature this is a stand alone idea that can easily be altered on the fly, it would require setting up manually. Looks like I've found a chip to deal with the speed half of the problem the LM2917 or one of its reletives should do the job.

fechter said:
I think the new DB2 will have a feature like this.

The new anoited 'CycleAnalyst' does have an excellent amp limiting feature.

I am currently using it to reduce current to 16 ah from a tiny 6.5ah/72v battery. It is a great functiion, I enjoyed stepping through the amps to find the best tradeoff for my needs. At 72v this drives an xlyte 'V2' 409 to 26mph, gets my 250lbs up the local hills with tolerable pedaling, and leaves the motor at a tolerable heat after that range.

Amps are configured in the CA setup menu, so you have to power the controller on and cycle through the menu to change it. This meets my needs just fine, it just isn't something you can adjust realtime with a knob.

-JD

Hi all
so for the db2 now look for CycleAnalyst is this right.

Back