recomendations for wheel tire combo?

nOOb2

1 µW
I am looking at a 4 wheel light weight build with hub motors.

I am looking for suggestions on wheel tire combos that would work well.

I guess weight is highest priority, but I am open to recommendations.
I would prefer large diameter, i think.

I have a requirement for DOT, but it seems DOT may be sub optimal, so If there is, and I know I am asking a lot here, a wheel rim I can swap from Dot to something better, I am would prefer that.

I have read https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=114092&start=50 Myths about tires (part 1)

Without knowing the specifics about your intended usage, terrain, riding style, power levels, etc., it's pretty tough to suggest specific parts. ;)

So it will help us help you if you list the things here in this thread that are suggested over in this one:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66302
especially these specific things:
Desired max speed on level ground. mph or kph
Desired max range at what cruising speed. mph or kph
Preferred bike wheel size, or wheel size of bike you want to convert. Most common kits are for 26" wheels.
Brake type of motor wheel. Disc or not.
Rider weight.
Terrain. Exp: mostly flat, some short hills under 20% grade, I want to climb mountains, etc., etc.
Budget.
All other available information, especially reasons for wanting specific things, about the project that you can post may also be helpful in generating relevant advice.

For example...do you want large diameter to get higher speed, or for a better ride over uneven surfaces, or higher ground clearance, or some other reason? Each reason may generate different advice, especially combined with other system requirements you may have. Such as if you need high torque, but have low power available, smaller wheels may help increase available torque from what you have (again, dependent on other system specs).

Regarding "swapping from DOT to something better"...we'd need to know what would be "better" to you for your specific use case, vs what specific DOT parts, and why it would better for your usage, to give helpful specific advice.

If your system requires DOT rated parts for whatever reason, a list of which specific portions of the system must be DOT compliant will help us help you find the right ones. If every part of the system must be DOT compliant, it will probably be difficult to find parts other than those taken from existing DOT compliant vehicles.

Back