Regen On Infineon

I have been given one. it got overheated and shorted out the FETS to the case.so live case and killed the throttle.

I fixed it and tested it over the weekend

Running with a small euro tourer motor on the bench the other day.
Motor is brushed sensored, but ran it without sensors connected
No load speed with a 100 volt pack gave 40 mph, exactly the same as when that motor was connected to an 18 FET 48 amp Xlyte controller

But if would lie to see if I can program it..If I can then i will think about beefing up the traces etc

NeilP said:
Motor is brushed sensored
I have few EB309 and EB306 also programming and wiring (it is different, there is additional pin used and other no longer in use) . They work great on DD hubs, current control is way better then EB2xx(no crazy overshoots over current limit), they can also be programmed with battery connected (On/Off switch in OFF position) and it does not mater about 3 speed switch position on programming. I run EB309 on 24S Lipo with 60Ah limit on Mxus DD and Conhis 1000w DD, works great.

parabellum said:
NeilP said:
Motor is brushed sensored
I have few EB309 and EB306 also programming and wiring (it is different, there is additional pin used and other no longer in use) . They work great on DD hubs, current control is way better then EB2xx(no crazy overshoots over current limit), they can also be programmed with battery connected (On/Off switch in OFF position) and it does not mater about 3 speed switch position on programming. I run EB309 on 24S Lipo with 60Ah limit on Mxus DD and Conhis 1000w DD, works great.

Yes I did notice a lot more control on the current and much smoother starts on the mac, I'm glad that applied to direct drive motors too!

I was trying to run the pie on the 312 while I wait for a clutch for the mac, but it runs like crap, but I still think I have hall problems!

I have a lyen sensor less controller on the way and I can't wait. That basically means I have 2 E-bike kits and need a decent 2nd bike as the fun bike and just use the mac as my cycle bike for the summer to keep fit, and I can use the one LiPo pack, nice! :mrgreen:

So you have a 312 board that has hall sensor connects?
The board I have EB312 is a Xlyte sensor-less controller

edit...opened it up to check...it does also have the points to connect the hall sensors ...imagine the firmware must be different to enable them?

Yep, its got hall connectors to run the mac, shame I wasn't using it from the beginning as it takes off a lot smoother and might have made the mac clutch last much longer!

Just had mail back from Lyen and from what he is saying there does not seem to be a way to know if a board is programable or not

it seems that saying I have a EB312 board is like saying I have a particular make and type of car, but once you add country it was sold in, exact model dealer options , engine size etc etc they can all be totally different beasts

Up until now I always assumed a EB312 was an EB312 end of story..but obviously not

But now I hear one of you has a Sensored EB312 and mine is sensorless.... Makes it pretty much impossible to compare what one person has and can do with their controller, with what someone else can do, just based on the baseboard model number

I wish i knew the difference between the wiring setups for programming .... then i could use my lyen cable.. to program my eb3xx's i got from cellman :cry:

1 needs regen enabled, both need the current dialed down -_-

Glad ya found your answer for regen..

Are the pads not marked on the PCBs? If they are, most likely it's easy enough to see which ones are equivalent, but if the markings aren't that obvious, post a pic of each and maybe we can figure it out.

I couldn't find anything resembling it. The board is quite different than the eb2xx :(

I asked Lyen to help about using his cable to program other boards and he is not able to help
Lyen via e-mail said:
Hint: consider your controller like an iphone. A portion can be explore by the developer, and another portion is intended to be hidden & locked by the carrier.

With that said, part of the APM function is dedicated the Crystalyte controller regardless the board board and chips being used.

I cannot advise to program their controllers because I do not do hacking on their products.

So it is either trace the tx amd rx pins back to the chip yourself and compare woth a known working board, or wait for cell_man to get back

Edit to above post: i thought you were referring to the brake connector..

No more posting right before sleepytime :)

cell_man told me the transmit button was different too, and i'm not sure what that means.

I was trying to find the E-mails from cell-man that explain the differences to the software cable, I can't find it. I'll keep looking.

I need to reorganise my Gmail, it's all over the place!

I brought both my Xlyte controllers home this morning..I was going to open them both up and compare etc and see what I could find out.

But then i got involved in trying to calibrate my CA DP shunt using a CA SA in series with the battery...got very involved..riding the bike while going up hill at max throttle..with one hand ..filming both displays...so i can then current readings of both of them at the exact same instant...then getting loads of values off stills of the film..sticking them in spreadsheet to get an average of the ratio between the two...got a good calibration now..i think

I got my Lyen sensorless Controller today and the program cable, I opened it up to see if it was the EB312 and it is.

There is a defference between the Lyen and the cell-man 312, the cell-man one has 4 shunts, the Lyen 2, so I think that means I don't have to set the current to half in the software with the lyen like I do with th e cell-man controller. I will test today and see if cell-mans software programs it!

But at it's current settings it pulls around 1700 watts so it doesn't accelerate very fast but it's very smooth!

But the most impressive thing is that you hardly have to move the bike forward at all to get the motor to work, Very impressive!

Where has cell-man put the 4 shunts on the 312 board? my 312 board has only space for 2 shunts...no blank holes for more

this is an EB312-C1 Xlyte 72 volt 40 amp from Electric Rider, Texas

P1120537.jpg

P1120538.jpg

P1120539.jpg

That's a beefed up controller if ever I saw one! :mrgreen:

Cell-man's controller has 2 extra shunts on the rear side of the board under the ones on top.

o00scorpion00o said:

Cell-man's controller has 2 extra shunts on the rear side of the board under the ones on top.

Lyen's controller just has the 2, so I'm thinking the software settings will be as you see them, 50 amps means 50 and so on!

I just tried flashing new settings into the controller and the motor won't turn, It flashed fine, so whatever is different with this controller I don't know. I sent Lyen a message hopefully he can set me straight!

is that the sensorless or sensored? does it have the 2 pin programming connector that you connect and disconnect?

I almost connected up a header cable this afternoon in a rush..to try to program it..then decided against it i chickened out. maybe we cell-man to tells us whats up?

could you send pictures of your header wiring and how it is cconnected to the Lyen cable...which pin to which pad on the board

o00scorpion00o said:
o00scorpion00o said:

Lyen's controller just has the 2, so I'm thinking the software settings will be as you see them, 50 amps means 50 and so on!

I just tried flashing new settings into the controller and the motor won't turn, It flashed fine, so whatever is different with this controller I don't know. I sent Lyen a message hopefully he can set me straight!
EB3xx software may be different. :)

Here you go, hope this helps!

2011-11-30193703.jpg

2011-11-30193501.jpg

2011-11-30200938.jpg

Yes, that is great
Any chance of a pic of the other end... The usb plug, if it has a removable top/ plastic cover, bofh sides of the innards, but only if it is easy to do. Would like to see how it compares with mine and another I have seen

Back