( RESOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N43122

1 mW
I've got an issue in which Golden Motor Canada sent me a defective item. 26" MP III kit. We sent the item back. Gary Salo at GMC received the item but was upset that he had to pay import taxes on the return tells us we owe him $45 for the taxes. We explain to him it is not our duty to pay the import taxes and he can request a rebate for defective items return from his taxing authority. He refused to exchange or refund. We open a paypal claim. Paypal sides with us and refunds our money. He then appeals the case and tells paypal he never received the return. They then reverse the claim and pull funds from our account. Roughly $550.

So, now Gary has our funds and our merchandise and he refuses to do anything about it.

We just lost $550.

Let me add we have bought from Gary over $2,000 worth of orders since March of this year over the course of 4 orders. All 4 orders had problems in which he'd send the wrong item or a defective item. Of the previous 3 orders he did manage to fix the issue albeit in a slow and untimely manner. Now on this 4th issue he's kept our funds and our merchandise.

Any ideas on how we can get this resolved?

Gary has been nothing good to me, and i've not seen anything like this as of late. I am starting to wonder if you just signed up to smear the guy.

N43122 said:
I've got an issue in which Golden Motor Canada sent me a defective item. 26" MP III kit. We sent the item back. Gary Salo at GMC received the item but was upset that he had to pay import taxes on the return tells us we owe him $45 for the taxes. We explain to him it is not our duty to pay the import taxes and he can request a rebate for defective items return from his taxing authority. He refused to exchange or refund. We open a paypal claim. Paypal sides with us and refunds our money. He then appeals the case and tells paypal he never received the return. They then reverse the claim and pull funds from our account. Roughly $550.

So, now Gary has our funds and our merchandise and he refuses to do anything about it.

We just lost $550.

Let me add we have bought from Gary over $2,000 worth of orders since March of this year over the course of 4 orders. All 4 orders had problems in which he'd send the wrong item or a defective item. Of the previous 3 orders he did manage to fix the issue albeit in a slow and untimely manner. Now on this 4th issue he's kept our funds and our merchandise.

Any ideas on how we can get this resolved?

Looks like its time to start quoting people again. If you would like to stop hiding behind your user name and allow me to present your attempted fraud against me just give your permission. The proof I have is undeniable. If its public opinion your looking for you wont like the outcome.

Gary

The fact is we have sent the motor back. Gary will not send us a replacement or refund. I don't know what else there is to say. we have no motor and out over $550.

At this point at least send the defective motor back and let us send it back to China for warranty work but don't hold our motor AND our money. Gary told paypal the item was never received. See the email from paypal we just got:

Seller's Name: GoldenMotor.CA
Seller's Email: sales@goldenmotor.ca
Seller's Transaction ID: 2FC13024N16568837

Transaction Date: Sep 6, 2012
Transaction Amount: -$546.90 CAD
Your Transaction ID: 2TJ031261A3413540
Case Number: PP-002-051-241-151

Buyer's Transaction ID: 2TJ031261A3413540
------------------------------

The seller has notified us that they haven’t received this item from you.
Our records also show that your account was credited the full refund amount
of $$546.90 CAD on December 01, 2012 for this claim. It’s against PayPal
policy to collect a refund on an item that is still in your possession.
Since the item was not returned to the seller, we’ve limited your account.

You can resolve this matter by reimbursing PayPal for the refund that you
received. Please add $$546.90 CAD to your account.

We value your business and regret that you have had this experience. To
avoid similar experiences in the future, visit the PayPal Security Center
by clicking the "Security Center" link on any PayPal webpage.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Derek

Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

Proof the item was shipped is attached. We even sent this shipping receipt to Paypal. Due to the passing of the time limit for claims Paypal will not pursue.

We're not here to smear anyone. Just get either a motor we paid for or our funds returned.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 10.05.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-30 at 10.05.51 PM.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,407
N43122 said:
The fact is we have sent the motor back. Gary will not send us a replacement or refund. I don't know what else there is to say. we have no motor and out over $550.

At this point at least send the defective motor back and let us send it back to China for warranty work but don't hold our motor AND our money.

Like I said, just give your permission to show my evidence so I can stop all the lies. Be aware though, I will not be taking the time to edit out your name or any identifying details.

Gary

It's interesting how you respond in the offensive with no acknowledgement of the issue at hand. Do you deny having our motor in your possession as well as our funds?

The issue here is the item you sent back is not from the transaction you made your claim on. I proved it, it was easy. PayPal and anyone that has seen my evidence agrees you are making a false claim. So keep hiding your identity as the truth would only cause you embarrassment. If you want back what you actually sent me its no problem. My last offer was to send you a brand new replacement and you stated "Send it if you want but we will be refusing the delivery". This would cause it to be sent back and I would have to pay the return shipping as well. I guess if you continue to lie about this you will force me to display the evidence of what a fraud you are.

Gary

This is very odd. I have no idea what you are talking about. The other transaction you reference we made with was fine. We have that motor and it's in great working order. You are confusing our orders.

Here are the undeniable facts. We received a defective motor. We send it to you. You receive it. You then tell us we must send you an additional $45 to cover the taxes you had to pay to receive it. We refuse on the basis that a tax should not have been paid let alone by the customer returning a defective product.

I'll say it again. The fact remains, you have our merchandise AND our funds. How many more times can I say it. You still have not acknowledged this very simple fact.

This could all be resolved by sending us either a working wheel or a refund equal to the value of the wheel. Such a simple resolution and for the life of me I can't understand why it won't happen.

N43122,

Gary is saying you bought a new motor, and sent a different one back that is broken and you're trying to get a refund, and that he has proof. The only thing worse than a spammer is a scammer, and if true I hope you get what you deserve.

No. Not at all. He has our defective motor order and will not refund or send it back. I'm not spamming/scamming or whatever it is.

Here's how it went down.

We ordered a motor from Gary in Sept. he sent the wrong motor. He then offers to send the correct motor at half price and I keep the first incorrect motor. We agreed although we really didn't want a 2nd motor but in order to save time and shipping costs we agreed. The second motor he sent is defective. That's the motor in question. I still have the first motor which was the wrong motor he sent.

We have sent him the second motor (defective) and he refuses to send us a replacement or a refund. We have paid a total of over $750 for BOTH motors and I only have ONE in my posession.

We are out the $ and have no motor to show for it. Whose scamming?

I've bought from Golden Motor Canada going back over the past year recieving I believe, 6 shipments, consisting of 3 batteries and chargers, a motor conversion kit, some lights, racks and other odds and ends and the only problem I ever had was one charger that didn't work when I got it. The charger was replaced quickly and I'm happy with everything. I like dealing with Gary because he's always available when I've looked for him and he provides a buffer between Golden Motor China if I ever need it.

I'm also suspicious when I see a new poster complaining about a problem and find the same complaint, copied and pasted, in another forum. In this case it is also in the GM forum.

Doug

I spoke with Gary on the phone. We've cleared up what has happened. There was confusion among the two different transactions that were placed only a week or so apart from another. We were asking for a refund for the wrong transaction. Our mistake. In any case Gary and I have agreed the transaction in question is for a lesser amount of $279. We've contacted paypal and explained to them our error and have put the dispute on the proper transaction.

What a mess.... but it looks like we may be headed in the right direction.

I was never saying Gary was a scam, simply that he was not refunding for merchandise he has in his possession. In our conversation he managed to explain the situation and how our paypal dispute was actually for the transaction for the motor he sent one week before the other. Clearly an error on our part.

So.. here's to hoping for a timely resolution.

This is the greatest thing about the software here at endless sphere. When you try to rewrite history your last post before you rewrite it is still available.
Here is your current post…
Current post: Re: Golden Motor Canada - Major Problems
by N43122 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:15 am
This is very odd. I have no idea what you are talking about. The other transaction you reference we made with was fine. We have that motor and it's in great working order. You are confusing our orders.

Here are the undeniable facts. We received a defective motor. We send it to you. You receive it. You then tell us we must send you an additional $45 to cover the taxes you had to pay to receive it. We refuse on the basis that a tax should not have been paid let alone by the customer returning a defective product.

I'll say it again. The fact remains, you have our merchandise AND our funds. How many more times can I say it. You still have not acknowledged this very simple fact.

This could all be resolved by sending us either a working wheel or a refund equal to the value of the wheel. Such a simple resolution and for the life of me I can't understand why it won't happen.
Edited by N43122 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:28 am.

Gary

Here is your post before your latest revision…
Revision 1: Re: Golden Motor Canada - Major Problems
by N43122 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:15 am
This is very odd. I have no idea what you are talking about. The other transaction you reference we made with you shortly after the one in question was fine. We have that motor and it's in great working order. You are confusing our orders.

Edited by N43122 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:18 am.
Notice the slight changes in the first paragraph. They mean a lot in this case.

N43122 said:
I spoke with Gary on the phone. We've cleared up what has happened. There was confusion among the two different transactions that were placed only a week or so apart from another. We were asking for a refund for the wrong transaction. Our mistake. In any case Gary and I have agreed the transaction in question is for a lesser amount of $279. We've contacted paypal and explained to them our error and have put the dispute on the proper transaction.

What a mess.... but it looks like we may be headed in the right direction.

I was never saying Gary was a scam, simply that he was not refunding for merchandise he has in his possession. In our conversation he managed to explain the situation and how our paypal dispute was actually for the transaction for the motor he sent one week before the other. Clearly an error on our part.

So.. here's to hoping for a timely resolution.

My how your tune has changed. After you called me and realized what evidence I have you come here with a different song to sing. I guess we are up to story number four now? Anyway thank you for giving me permission on the phone to display my evidence so we can proceed with what we agreed on. I show my evidence and then ship back what you actually sent me. You are still not being 100 percent honest, but its getting closer. Once people watch this video they will see there was no confusion.

This is not a direct link to the evidence. So to not directly involve ES into this. It is a link to a page on my website. Copy and paste the link on this page on my website into your browser to see the evidence. This is only a small part of what I presented to PayPal but it should suffice to prove my case here.

Obviously it was public opinion you were seeking so lets see what the public says.

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/pages/PayPal-Issues.html

Gary

I never gave consent for you to post my personal information, phone number, email address, home address, or otherwise.

Per PayPal Merchant Account Services section 3(a) here you are in violation of my privacy.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/ProVT_full

I thought we settled this?

We just talked on the phone again and I told you i removed it before you even came back here to edit your post again. You really do like editing your statements.

When you told me to put my evidence up i assumed that's what you meant.

Gary

One more thing. In our phone conversation. In spite of all that has happened. In spite of the fact it is clearly not from the transaction you made your false claim on, I offered to accept the wheel you sent back. I offered to send a new one if you simply buy a controller for it so I don't have to remove it from the wheel. You said to send you a PayPal invoice for the cost of the controller and you would pay it. The PayPal invoice has been sent. Are you finally going to follow through on what you said this time?

Gary

Gary, as if its not enough that you have to put up with the bull sht from China. I don't understand how you find the patience.

Andrew.

P.s i have bought 4 GM kits from Gary, and he has always honoured warranty and taken the brunt for China's cock ups.

Hope you are well mate, i must make more of an appearance on the GM forum.

Gary as per the email I sent our paypal account is limited due to this dispute and won't let us make payments. Will take 3-5 days to resolve. I'd order the controller directly from your site but you've blocked my IP.

So... I'm the one who's waiting.

N43122 said:
Gary as per the email I sent our paypal account is limited due to this dispute and won't let us make payments. Will take 3-5 days to resolve. I'd order the controller directly from your site but you've blocked my IP.

So... I'm the one who's waiting.

Try it now..

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back