Scored these today...

BrandonB

10 W
Both for $50...two Razor Ground Force gokarts. I had to travel 70 miles and back to get them (and got lost of the way home :|) but I think it was worth it. One's batteries were ballooning and the motor cover was broken, but the other is in very good condition and the batteries look to be fine. I am going to leave it on charge overnight and hope for the best.

Anyhow, I got the controller, brake, and throttle from the cart in worse condition and they mount up good on my bike. I am happy too because the controller is only 1 amp less than the one I bought before.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/bab/1045904548.html

gokart.jpg

How many lateral Gs can the wheels take before losing traction? Suspension looks like it might be pretty stiff. Might wanna soften it up a bit.

Sorry, I've been playing too much Forza. Good find. Any plans to hot rod the remaning one? :D

I bought a new belt for it and some new Powertron batteries for it to get it back to running condition. Depending on how it handles and how smooth it rides, I may keep it and convert it to chain drive so I can gear it down to pull my weight around.

Those look like fun. Only problem is finding a place to run them. Something like a big empty warehouse would be ideal. With a little bit more motor, I'm sure you can get them drifting.

fechter said:
Those look like fun. Only problem is finding a place to run them. Something like a big empty warehouse would be ideal. With a little bit more motor, I'm sure you can get them drifting.

I agree. It will be a vehicle for cruising around swap meets if I keep it, and I will need it to climb hills if I keep it. The problem with the MY1016 motors is that it's more of a specification than a model, they make so many different wattages. I had a 350W 10:1 geared motor that would have been nice, but It went for $15 on ebay, enough to let me learn to keep it if I can't sell it here or elsewhere besides ebay.

Back