SoCal Motor Bicycle Race Sat Oct 22nd 2011 Grange Race Track

PaulD said:
That heat race was such a blast trading places with Luke, can't wait for next time!

Me too buddy! :)

I'm sketching up something with just a bit of suspension. Perhaps 1.5"-2" front and rear, extremely tightly damped, dialed in with just the right amount of sag (kinda the opposite of most bicycle suspension, lol). On the slightly choppy asphalt that we tend to encounter on the critical turning areas of a kart track, I think it will give a bit higher cornering limits and added stability.

I was just thinking this evening about how I would do the suspension pivots to make them be wiggle-free enough to not bother me while riding. Normal bicycle full suspension feels like sloppy garbage to me.

liveforphysics said:
PaulD said:
That heat race was such a blast trading places with Luke, can't wait for next time!

I'm sketching up something with just a bit of suspension. Perhaps 1.5"-2" front and rear, extremely tightly damped, dialed in with just the right amount of sag (kinda the opposite of most bicycle suspension, lol). On the slightly choppy asphalt that we tend to encounter on the critical turning areas of a kart track, I think it will give a bit higher cornering limits and added stability.

I was just thinking this evening about how I would do the suspension pivots to make them be wiggle-free enough to not bother me while riding. Normal bicycle full suspension feels like sloppy garbage to me.
You should look at the seat post suspension your body is most the weight and all you realy need to save is your back! You should see the seatpost on the SRAC bike I have in my shop right now.

liveforphysics said:
PaulD said:

Our setup had some interesting handling on the kart track aswell, Aiden said the back end wouldn't really "stick" in the corners so we tried adjusting various things. What worked was increasing the compression resistance and decreasing the rebound, that and taking the tires down to 25 pounds instead of 35 helped a ton.

I would have LOVED to decrease pressure to try to get some traction, BUT, I all ready had rolled the tires right off the rim 3 times on that bike, and running 85psi seemed to be the only thing that kept them on the rim. :-(

Next bike will run wider rims, and glue the tires on. Once I find a tire that can last longer than 10mins of riding that is... lol :mrgreen:

Seems that something besides typical bicycle tires would be a good idea.

Looks like it was an awesome time! Maybe one of these days I can pry enough time away and join a race.

PaulD, that was quite a moment you had at about 4:03 of the video. Nice save!

Thud said:
whats the full spec on that machine? battery, motor controller? sorry if I missed that in the thread.
Here you go Knoxie, Adin is the team farfle rider.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31395

Thanks Thud and again sorry you didnt get to play :-(

Luke's bike hooked up well at the start of the race. That or a good reaction time from drag racing experience.

When you could get the power down on that bike it made the others look like they were stand still. Better luck next year.

Kurt

drranged-203.jpg

drranged-205.jpg

drranged-210.jpg

drranged-598.jpg

drranged-621.jpg

Great Photo's MBR!
look at the eyes of those guys on the start line, thats intenseity defined.
Look at Jay64 all tucked in behind the bars in true dirt track style! (thought I was the only one doing that LOL)

Thud, I hadn't even realized that I was doing the left hand dirt tracker handle bar thing. :lol: :lol: I guess racing the Harley has become more ingrained in me than I thought. :oops:

GCinDC, I like that track, I have rode there many times before testing with the Matsushima team. I just felt a little bummed about my build, so there was nothing to "write home about." I ended up doing a complete rebuild the night before the event and brought something with way less performance than I was planning on bringing. I was building till 4 am with etard and thud the night before the event just to have something to ride. It was a fun event and it was great meeting everyone in person. I guess it was good that my bike finished the race and I made a few passes of some of the slower riders, especially given the last minute nature of the build. So it was a good event. But I was really looking forward to dicing it up at the front.

Thud said:
Great Photo's MBR!
look at the eyes of those guys on the start line, thats intenseity defined.
Look at Jay64 all tucked in behind the bars in true dirt track style! (thought I was the only one doing that LOL)
Thanks Todd.
More pics coming next week which should include the eBike heats and 12 lap final race.

Great to finally meet you and Jay64, zombiess, farfle, Aiden, PaulD and the rest
of the ebike crew along with seeing the regulars from the Willow Springs race.

Fantastic ebike turn out!

Thinking about doing another race on Sat April 7th 2012 at Grange again.

The Official SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing Oct 22nd Grange Race Results.

eBike: 12 lap Final.

1st #109 PaulD
2nd #116 farfle (Rider Aiden)
3rd #100 liveforphysics Luke
4th #111 Evoforce Ed
5th #117 Dan Hanebrink

DNF: #113 zombiess #105 SoSauty

4 Stroke < 50 cc: 12 lap Final.

1st #98 nashmoto 50 cc Honda G4 shifter kit with Nuvinci hub
2nd #16 Bigboy Timm 50 cc Chonda
3rd #3 scotto- 50 cc Huasheng Q Matic

2 Stroke: 12 lap Final. Was run with the 4 Stroke 50 cc Class.

1st #1 magrider
2nd #5 Jim Rust
3rd #86 Rodney
4th #33 bairdco
5th #98 nashmoto 4 stroke 50 cc Honda shifter kit with Nuvinci 1st 4 Stroke
6th #32 Flying Dutchman
7th #29 Karen Hicks
8th #67 John Piston Bikes
9th #16 Bigboy Timm 49 cc Chonda 2nd 4 Stroke
10th #75 pistonbike greg
11th #95 Kyle
12th #55 Tim
13th #58 Ron VanLaar
14th #59 Headtrama
15th #3 scotto- 50cc 4 Stroke Huasheng Q Matic 3rd 4 Stroke
16th #22 DuceDave
17th #35 Tristen Brown
18th #66 Brokenpedals
19th #96 NoStyle Sin
20th #60 oldbiker

DNF: #57 PistonBikeRob was 2nd for the first 5 laps.

Mid Range + < 11 hp 12 lap Final.

1st #6 Jonathon Wolf 200c Harbor Freight CVT
2nd #69 Easy Rider 11hp water cooled Morini
3rd #15 culvercityclassic Jeff 200c Harbor Freight ???
4th #3 scotto- 212c Harbor Freight CVT
5th #81 agk Bryan 200c Harbor Freight CVT
6th #19 Flex Man 200c Harbor Freight CVT
7th #17 Bigboy Roland 88 cc Chonda 1st Mid Range Class.
8th #12 msrfan 5 hp Briggs & Stratton 2nd Mid Range Class.
9th #34 AirEd 200c Harbor Freight J/S
10th #48 Briggs Biker 5 hp Briggs & Stratton 3rd Mid Range Class.
11th #84 Oppanoia 5 hp Briggs & Stratton 4th Mid Range Class.
12th #80 agk Blayze 79 cc Harbor Freight 5th Mid Range Class.
13th #72 Ghrebes 5 hp Briggs & Stratton 6th Mid Range Class.

DNF: #11 Samford&Son 5 hp Briggs & Stratton
DNS: #74 Chris Tomahawk Tuning 14 hp Moped won the race by a large margin.

ULTIMATE RACE of All the Classes: 12 Lap Final.

1st #109 PaulD ebike
2nd #116 farfle (Rider Aiden) ebike
3rd #6 Jonathon Wolf 200c Harbor Freight CVT
5th #69 Easy Rider 11hp water cooled Morini
6th #1 magrider 66 cc 2 Stroke
7th #19 Flex Man 200c Harbor Freight CVT
8th #17 Bigboy Roland 88 cc Chonda
9th #67 John 66 cc 2 Stroke
10th #32 Flying Dutchman 66 cc 2 Stroke
11th #95 Kyle 66 cc 2 Stroke

DNF: Lap 6 #100 liveforphysics,
DNF: Lap 11 #81 agk 18 hp Harbor Freight

UNLIMITED RACE was cancelled due to #100 & #81 DNFing.

here is part one of the second ebike heat. part two is uploading as we speak.

[youtube]M7TaO601a7k[/youtube]

Luke goes big to small realy fast at ~4:15 lol

Now that's what I have been witing to see. Great footage of what the race was really like. I be waiting for the other half. Yup Lukes bike is really fast. Thanks for taking the time to post this up.

Awesome!! :D man I am feeling I know this circuit by now! great to watch the passing moves between your lady and Luke very cool (I Know Lukes drops in speed were controller related) but equally the hub motor bike was super fast.

Thanks for posting the video, looking forward to the next instalment :mrgreen:

ULTIMATE RACE of All the Classes: 12 Lap Final.

1st #109 PaulD ebike
2nd #116 farfle (Rider Aiden) ebike
3rd #6 Jonathon Wolf 200c Harbor Freight CVT
5th #69 Easy Rider 11hp water cooled Morini
6th #1 magrider 66 cc 2 Stroke
7th #19 Flex Man 200c Harbor Freight CVT
8th #17 Bigboy Roland 88 cc Chonda
9th #67 John 66 cc 2 Stroke
10th #32 Flying Dutchman 66 cc 2 Stroke
11th #95 Kyle 66 cc 2 Stroke

DNF: Lap 6 #100 liveforphysics,