SoCal Motor Bicycle Race Sat Oct 22nd 2011 Grange Race Track

Farfle said:
This is getting serious... I'm bringing something with
Bend-20111020-00127.jpg
paint on it :twisted:

Nice frame there Farfle maN ;) ... Haven't had an update today on ThudSTeR's ghetto build
ETaaaarD Updaaaate pleeeease?!?!.. :lol:

KiM

Good luck guys get lots of video!!!!

Farfle said:
This is getting serious... I'm bringing something with

that is a beast&beauty :twisted:

Still haven't left Arizona yet. Too much to do.... Maybe get out of here in two to three hours. Have to google and find out where and how far away this is from me. See you there hopefully before midnight.

Evoforce said:
Still haven't left Arizona yet. Too much to do.... Maybe get out of here in two to three hours. Have to google and find out where and how far away this is from me. See you there hopefully before midnight.

Im also a few hours behind schedule... Which may be a record for being the least behind Ive ever been when prepping for a race. lol

Feeling a little out of place... Fastest bike on the track by far, and the only ebike here out of 20 or so gassers.... Where is everybody?

ROFL @ Lukes fine tuning, i know you hate frocks mate but jumping on them isn't going to damage them unfortunately, you need to hit em with the gas axe or angle grinder...or just put them on a dyno they seem to fail
pretty quick then too :mrgreen:

What do the stink bikes have to say about your pace Farfle? did you tellz them your bike
is slow compared to whats on the way :p hahaha...

KiM

They thought it was damn impressive and Hey hey Aj, this bike is quick... Even though its only putting 4-5 horses to the ground it only weigs 170 pounds, and has daamn good brakes.

Farfle said:
They thought it was damn impressive and Hey hey Aj, this bike is quick...

No doubt, just yankin' ya chain matey ;) I really like what y9ou have done with your bike
it is a very very neat setup. How do you like it now with the slightly extended swing
arm? has the handling been affected alot? I hope you beat the stink bikes
into submission anywayz, ride safe buddy .... :wink:

KiM

I just got back from the track so here are some teasers....
PaulD won the Ultimate race and showed those stink bikes why ebikes are the future! :mrgreen:

liveforphysics was beaten fair and square by a 17 year old chick on a frock motored ebike. :mrgreen:

Thud and etard didn't finish their bikes but still made it to the track at the end of the day.

Jay64 was late too and only ran in one race.

Some e-bike shots from the Grange Race Track...

100-liveforphysics, 109-PaulD, 116-Farfle (bike), 113-ZombieSS
3095_group.jpg

100-liveforphysics, 109-PaulD
2875_group.jpg

109-PaulD
3164_#109.jpg

116-Farfle (bike), rider: Aidan
3150_#116.jpg

105-SoSauty
3093_#105.jpg

113-ZombieSS
3045_#113.jpg

111-Evoforce

Dan H
View attachment 3

Lovely photos!!! That one of Paul D and Miss Aidan are particularly nice with the blurred background. emphasis's the speed/motion, really nice shots e-ticket...also, whom is the chap on the fat tire e-bike haven't seen that before!

KiM

Yup, great pics and really appreciate the captions that let us know who is who. Looks like some pretty serious racing going on. Thanks much

Yes,
Dan Hanebrink sporting some classy racing approved slicks! E-bikes made the leap at Grange. Heard Paul_D and Aidan recorded some 50mph straights. Luke(LFP) rumored upper 60's when his machine was running clean.

All bikes stepped up the race pace. Fastest lap turned by #81 EGK, a huge 196cc 4 stroke which DNF'ed. #74Chris, a beautiful pedalless mo-ped with fairing turned hot 1m19sec laps with Paul_D a sizzling 1m21.5sec. Paul's time is remarkable considering he was the 1st legit sub 11hp bicycle, closer to sub 8hp (sub 5hp? really?). Farfle's X-5300 with flyweight jockey Aidan aided the e s' in capturing the 2nd slot. Luke was both fast and slow, I'm sure he'll have more to say. Zombiess#113 arrived late, jumped in the back of the 2 strokes and cruised up to 7th, then later crashed out of contention. Poor SoSauty arrived not having ridden or completing his rebuild. Embarrassingly burned a 20amp hr lipo pack on the tarmack. His day concluded by frying his new Astro3220, 14 laps turned at about $100 a lap for him that day. Congrats to Ed evoforce who finished with 2 inflated tires and Dan for earning respect on pavement with his all terrain 2 wheeler. 2 cheers forJay64 pulling in at the last minute with a running rig.

Thudster(Todd) and Etard(Dave) had 1 hurdle to many to getting their bikes together. Guess they'll have a go at it next race season. We've had 1, then 4, then 7, then 9, and 10 e-bikes for Grange with a few other interested builders that didn't pull it together in time. So, the sport on the e-side is growing. Oh Boy, the barn will be on fire come April 2012 Death Race :!:

The track was fantastic :!: My favorite, the mid-length straight, 350ft level, the next 50ft rises 4ft, then the last 50ft drops you 4ft into an off camber hairpin. You can't see the hairpin you're braking for until it's late :twisted: Sticky, down & up, sweeping turns, tight pins, and a honking long 925ft uphill straight.

Assumeing PaulD had an 80% efficient system from battey to the tire, he had 3.8hp.

A few more shots from the Grange Racetrack...

105-SoSauty (Smokin'!)
3131_#105.jpg

Dan H
2991_fat-tire.jpg

100-liveforphysics
2893_#100.jpg

111-Evoforce
3092_#111.jpg

116-Farfle (bike), rider: Aidan
2843_#116.jpg

109- PaulD, 100-liveforphysics
2888_#109,#100.jpg

100-liveforphysics (bike)
2977_#100,pit.jpg

Sweet pics Gary!!! Thanks for sharing those. 8)
Nice camera work ... looks like you got some skillz behind the lens buddy!!! :wink:

I do love those action shots with clear focus on the rider and blurred background. And I also like the one with 109- PaulD & 100-liveforphysics coming around the zig-zag bend.

I wasn't out there at the track this weekend but I was playing with cameras and my ebikes.
I'll post something on those soon.

It was a great race! too cool that ebikes took #1 & 2. If Luke would have better luck or team Thud could have made it, It would have been 1st, 2nd and 3rd. We had beautiful weather (81* with no wind) and the track and track owner were both nice. My friend Kenny, who helped me set up the pits also liked the track and he was west coast 2 stroke kart champ a few years back so I figure he should know. :mrgreen:

A few pics.....

The day before the race
DSC01900.jpg

Luke suiting up :shock:

DSC01903.jpg

PaulD's bike

DSC01904.jpg

paulD recuperating

DSC01909.jpg

Luke's minor tire mishap

DSC01910.jpg

Edward Lyen and a bunch of the guys working

DSC01912.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

PaulD's bike getting charged

DSC01914.jpg

Luke's charger. It took my 3.5kw generator to the edge :twisted:

DSC01915.jpg

For some reason I didn't get pics of farfle's bike or his 17 year old rider Aidan. That gal could ride! I wouldn't mess with her either as she is on a roller derby team. Fearless. 8)

Back