sw900 error 11

shore856

10 µW
solved. issue with compatability between controller/display

Thread 'sw900 error 11' - Version comparison

• hello ive just had a quick search and cant seem to see any other thread with this error.

ive got a sw900 display but its a 6 pin waterproof.

my controller is a 5 pin connector.

ive bought an extenstion for the display and ive connected it up with a 5 pin on the end but leaving the white one out ( wired exactly the same way as my other e bike display )
    but its coming up with " ERROR 11 "

have to mind the bad wiring it looks as its not in the way it is but as its the first time lol please forgive me but this is how it goes as pictured left to right;

red blue black green yellow

the controller colours are throwing me off but here is a diagram of whats what.

everything works it runs and stops but like mentioned its coming up with a communication error and not displaying speed, watts or anything like that.

i have tried a combo of wire options and either gives E10 or E11

Last edited by a moderator:
hello ive just had a quick search and cant seem to see any other thread with this error.
<snip>
i have tried a combo of wire options and either gives E10 or E11
Searching the archived forum posts from before this year, this search
finds a few relevant threads by title, if they have any useful info (I have not read them). This search of first posts of threads
finds a few more that might have helpful info.

everything works it runs and stops but like mentioned its coming up with a communication error and not displaying speed, watts or anything like that.
Keep in mind that if the controller was not previously working with this same model and version of display, it's uncommon for displays and controllers to be generally intercompatible. If they aren't compatible, the display will power up and turn on, but it can't communicate with the controller (a poor analogy is they dont' speak the same "language") and vice-versa. So the display will not display any data other than (sometimes) battery level or voltage, and the assist-level-change buttons don't work, etc. The power button and light button usually work.

E-HP has a thread regarding display compatiblity that may help find a compatible one if necessary.

Searching the archived forum posts from before this year, this search
finds a few relevant threads by title, if they have any useful info (I have not read them). This search of first posts of threads
finds a few more that might have helpful info.

Keep in mind that if the controller was not previously working with this same model and version of display, it's uncommon for displays and controllers to be generally intercompatible. If they aren't compatible, the display will power up and turn on, but it can't communicate with the controller (a poor analogy is they dont' speak the same "language") and vice-versa. So the display will not display any data other than (sometimes) battery level or voltage, and the assist-level-change buttons don't work, etc. The power button and light button usually work.

E-HP has a thread regarding display compatiblity that may help find a compatible one if necessary.
thank you, yes it wasnt compatable, such a simple problem i spent hours rewiring things thinking ive got to haev done somethign wrong lol

Back