Tekocell Li-Po batteries?

BrandonB

10 W
While surfing eBay, I stumbled upon these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tekocell-Li-Po-Battery-Cells-10Ah-3-9V-Litium-Ion-/360268666468?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e1af9664

I made an offer, then later retracted it. I don't have the money to throw at a battery that may not be sufficient, but maybe someone else does? Either way, they are really cheap...and plentiful. The only info I can find is a post or two on AliBaba claiming they are for laptops and a guy who posted in a forum about having over 1,000 of them acquired in surplus...same guy I'll bet. They'd be useful at this price even if they could only provide 2C constant, but I don't know if they would?

Just wanted to let you guys know...
Brandon

Being prismatic, you'd need to build them into compressed packs like the RC Lipo and Ping stuff is. Unknown C-rate and likley over-estimated capacity make them iffy for ebike purposes.

Especially since you could get RC Lipo packs with known high C-rates and capacities for about the same price per cell, IIRC the various Hobbyking pack prices. The shipping costs are probably less at HK, too. (note that I haven't gone back to verify these costs or pack prices)

I looked at those too, thinking 10ah cells would be pretty nice.
But you know, just couldn't find any information on the damn things.

Looks like they are meant as a backup power supply for telephony applications.

Shipping form HK can be cheap. I musta crossed some kind of line for buying lots of stuff. I just got 1 cent shipping for a pile of lipo from the USA warehouse.

Usually a lot more to ship than that!

Those cells are more expensive than buying known-high-performance HK LiPo.

Dogman- All orders from the USA warehouse get 1-cent shipping right now. :)

Back