The Falcon, My 1st Build

LI-ghtcycle said:
Very Clean! And I must say, very beefy tires too, if I didn't know better I would think those were 26" tires! 8)

Thanks!! I've had a great time building 'The Falcon', it has taught me much about ebikes.

I got the biggest 700c tires I could find, for a couple of reasons. When I got the 5303 front hub motor with rim, I was really amazed at how wide the rim was. So, instead of having it re-laced, I just went out and found the biggest tire that would fit. I ended up with a 29er tire, and then had to find one that was nearly as big for the back rim so that things would look almost even, as far as tires are concerned.

They also serve to absorb some of the road shock that you get with a hard tailed road bike. Combine those with the Thudbuster, and the ride quality has improved much!

TJG

Very nice, I wanted to know what it look like inside the battery pack. I wasn't sure, If I should rid SLA batteries and replace to the LiPo or Headway battery inside the currie battery pack. I bought a Currie RMB with the geared hub motor and it comes with 2 currie battery packs. I am not satisfied with the SLA due too HEAVY and limit range distance.

Can you provide me the pictures inside the currie battery pack please! so It can give me idea and see if I can swap using LiPo or
the Headway batteries.

btw Nice bike!

chroot said:
Very nice, I wanted to know what it look like inside the battery pack. I wasn't sure, If I should rid SLA batteries and replace to the LiPo or Headway battery inside the currie battery pack. I bought a Currie RMB with the geared hub motor and it comes with 2 currie battery packs. I am not satisfied with the SLA due too HEAVY and limit range distance.

Can you provide me the pictures inside the currie battery pack please! so It can give me idea and see if I can swap using LiPo or
the Headway batteries.

btw Nice bike!

Thanks for the compliment, chroot! Yes, when you get rid of those SLA batteries inside the battery boxes, you'll save yourself from having to carry around 32 pounds of lead! You'll be amazed at how much faster you can go, and how much better the bike handles.

Here are the photos I have available of the insides of the battery boxes, with measurements.

Width.jpg

Length.jpg

Depth.jpg

Depth2.jpg

BetweenScrewHoles.jpg

Those should give you an idea of what kind of space you have to work with.

I fit 8 Headway 10Ah cells into each box. I'm not sure of how many LiPos could go into one.

Hope this helps you some! :)

TJG

Back