Trouble diagnosing controller problem.

I know that can be done but if you've ever paid for the energy and work you consume you wouldn't say that it's a good idea.

A huge waste to melt metal, shape a block, cut it into a smaller block, cut that block into small fins with the majority of the material going to waste as well as the power to the machine and cutting fluids, collect the millings, spend a gigamillion Wh to melt aluminium again, chemicals to clean it from the slur etc.

I own a CNC machine by the way, do you?

If you can do it for cheap then great for you. Whatever works, right.

That doesn’t mean that the real price is what you get. Your friend donates the machine cost, his work cost and a share of the business overhead costs. That’s why you can’t say that your cost is what it really should be.

As for losses:
Stating that milling and extruding has comparable losses for heatsink production is simply not true, not even in a simplified way.

jamiejackherer said:
larsb said:
I know that can be done but if you've ever paid for the energy and work you consume you wouldn't say that it's a good idea.

A huge waste to melt metal, shape a block, cut it into a smaller block, cut that block into small fins with the majority of the material going to waste as well as the power to the machine and cutting fluids, collect the millings, spend a gigamillion Wh to melt aluminium again, chemicals to clean it from the slur etc.

What a stupid question.. clearly I don't own a CNC machine fella.. but just because you do it doesn't mean everything you say is true.. my pal works at a mutli-million pound company.. I really don't understand why people in this forum are so negative and oppressive tbh. If I can get it done cheap, isn't that a good thing?

Seems everyone in this post wants to tell me I can't do something. I won't be able to. Or it's been done already so I should spend all my hard earned cash on their overpriced product. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

If HubSinks are $79 and they run the business to make profits then they will be putting at least a 75% profit margin on the product (standard business practice) which means it costs $20 to produce. If they can do it for $20 then so can I![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I was far from negative and oppressive so before you use long words like that best you have a good understanding of them, i offered you a solution ans spent time telling you but as pig headed as you are lesson will have to be learnt yourself.

By the way any multi million pound company worth its salt will only let your silly games get in the way of mill time when the machines are down and theres also a que seems you want it all and have an attitude about it ive helped all i can best of luck with your thick arse heatsinks thank you for offending when i offered a solution.

jamiejackherer said:
Ianhill said:
jamiejackherer said:
larsb said:

What a stupid question.. clearly I don't own a CNC machine fella.. but just because you do it doesn't mean everything you say is true.. my pal works at a mutli-million pound company.. I really don't understand why people in this forum are so negative and oppressive tbh. If I can get it done cheap, isn't that a good thing?

Seems everyone in this post wants to tell me I can't do something. I won't be able to. Or it's been done already so I should spend all my hard earned cash on their overpriced product. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

If HubSinks are $79 and they run the business to make profits then they will be putting at least a 75% profit margin on the product (standard business practice) which means it costs $20 to produce. If they can do it for $20 then so can I![emoji23]

I was far from negative and oppressive so before you use long words like that best you have a good understanding of them, i offered you a solution ans spent time telling you but as pig headed as you are lesson will have to be learnt yourself.

By the way any multi million pound company worth its salt will only let your silly games get in the way of mill time when the machines are down and theres also a que seems you want it all and have an attitude about it ive helped all i can best of luck with your thick arse heatsinks thank you for offending when i offered a solution.
[emoji1787][emoji1787]

🤑😴👋🤠🤡

Hubsinks: like bolting heatsinks to your car hood to help cool your engine :lol:

Hubsinks do not seem to help much in a standard hubmotor as it is shipped to he customer. However, if you add 10ml of ferrofluid, there is a huge benefit to heat-shedding, and once FF is added, hubsinks boost that effect significantly.

spinningmagnets said:
However, if you add 10ml of ferrofluid, there is a huge benefit to heat-shedding, and once FF is added, hubsinks boost that effect significantly.
Sure, but once you have that thermal bridge, there's dramatically less need for additional surface area -- you'd have to be into magnetic saturation.

Hi I'm about to do almost the same and I wonder where you got the winding pattern from? It looks like you have 51 slots just like me. I have 23 pole pairs to that.

Back