Upgrading geared hub motor

Chrisca

1 µW
Hello,
I am just beginning to try and understand all that is needed to go from a MXUS 48V 500 W geared hub motor to a 750 W motor.
I understand the new motor will need to be laced in to rear wheel. What else is needed a new controller, BMS, display ? any advice on which motors to use or avoid?
The Bike is a Electric Bike Company Model R with 26" wheels

Thanks,
Chris

What is your goal?

Meaning, what do you need the system to do for you that it doesn't do already, and under what riding conditions/usage does it need to do this?

What controller do you already have; what is it's current limit, voltage limit, etc?

What battery do you already have; what are it's specifications (A max, A continuous, Ah, Wh, voltage, etc)?

Knowing those things is needed to figure out the power difference required, and which (if any) of the existing parts can provide and handle that power.

For typical usage, it's quite possible your existing motor would handle the higher power, but may need a new controller and possibly battery (this is the case often enough).

Hello,
I am just beginning to try and understand all that is needed to go from a MXUS 48V 500 W geared hub motor to a 750 W motor.
I understand the new motor will need to be laced in to rear wheel. What else is needed a new controller, BMS, display ? any advice on which motors to use or avoid?
The Bike is a Electric Bike Company Model R with 26" wheels

Thanks,
Chris
A few questions. What battery option did you go with? Do you own a multimeter? How are your soldering skills?

Back