Use ebike batteries as they are inproject

jai134

100 W
Yes, my question is just that, whats the pros and cons using, lets say 4, egoing batterys in a garden tractor project? Why dissemble when everything are there like bms, charging port and so on? Does it matter if Ah is different as long as voltage is the same?

Are these packs - specifically their BMS design - OK with being paralleled??

If so, then yes different Ah capacity is OK.

But I would limit to 2-3 packs at most in parallel

Ah! I dont know much about these things. Do you mean not OK when charging or discharging. I was thinking of a modular solution and charging each pack individually.

jai134 said:
Do you mean not OK when charging or discharging.
Is that a question? Please reword it.

> I was thinking of a modular solution

Also this.

> charging each pack individually

That's fine, but you need to find the answer to my first question regardless if you want to assemble a bigger bank for discharging together.

Some packs/BMS can, others can't.

"That's fine, but you need to find the answer to my first question regardless if you want to assemble a bigger bank for discharging together.

Some packs/BMS can, others can't."

Ok. However, it seems like you did understand my question.
Thankyou!
Sorry for my bad english

It is generally OK to use individual pack with bms boards in parallel as long as they are at equal voltage when placed in parallel. You mentioned charging the packs individually which may indicate that you would be installing a fully charged pack in parallel with others with a lower state of charge. Do not do this! Charge all packs equally and measure their voltage every time you hook them up.

Back