Vector bike and frame owners.

Well I am not sure what you mean with 1.6 and 1.8. Maybe you mean what I understand with "18" "? So does it fit on a 18" x 3.0" wheel?
Sorry for being not familiar with american / english sizes. :roll:

And is a 3.5 wheel really better then a 3.0 one? Why?

He was talking about the width of the rim. Like you see on ebay etc. 18" x 1.6" or 18 x 1.85". 18" is the diameter of the wheel. Width is the last part, given in inches. Note that there is a difference in how the width are measured between bicycle rims and motorcycle rims. To see that look in the first few pages in this thread.

I personally don't like such big tires. I have 19x2.5 and it's ideal for my eyes.

But that's about what do you want to have from the ebike...more bicycle or more motorcycle :)

Kkozi said:
I personally don't like such big tires. I have 19x2.5 and it's ideal for my eyes.

But that's about what do you want to have from the ebike...more bicycle or more motorcycle :)

The more motorcycle, the better it is 8)

Guys how have you set up your fork? Mine is not as smooth, as I wish to be. :roll:

DasDouble said:
Guys how have you set up your fork? Mine is not as smooth, as I wish to be. :roll:

if you are talking about responding qualities of thefork, than i would say you get what you pay for.
there is a huge differene between a boxxer team (which have since 2016 the skf low friction seals and charger damper), compared to a cheapo DNM.
On the other hand, with a heavy hubmotor in the rear wheel, the suspension unfortunately will never be really great..

I have the 3.5 tire on the back on. And oh my god, it looks so awesome.. Im in love haha^^ :mrgreen:

@Merlin I will write it on my to do list ;)

madin88 said:
DasDouble said:

if you are talking about responding qualities of thefork, than i would say you get what you pay for.
there is a huge differene between a boxxer team (which have since 2016 the skf low friction seals and charger damper), compared to a cheapo DNM.
On the other hand, with a heavy hubmotor in the rear wheel, the suspension unfortunately will never be really great..

I agree the DNM are cheap and they flex try holding the front wheel between your legs and move the handling bars side to side there are is alot of flex. I have a Lapiere endruro with rock shocks its as smooth as butter. Like you say you get what you pay for.

Has anyone played with the rear shock DNM setting can anyone make it stop trying to throw you over the handle bars every time the rear wheel leaves the ground?

Cheers Kiwi

Is there any option to divide the voltage by 2? So that my displays shows 32v instead of 64 volts for example? I don´t want my bike to look suspicious when it shows such a high voltage.. :roll:

Merlin said:
pics please :p
tmp_25368-IMG-20170326-WA0044-1-1191578249.jpg

tmp_25368-IMG-20170326-WA0052-532538570.jpg

cornering with this tire is so amazing.. You can nearly touch the ground with your hands while doing that.. I think I have to make some slow mo records... Yeah, that would be amazing :mrgreen: :pancake: :mrgreen:

BIG PROBLEM: My axle did broke. What can I do? Can I switch it? Or do I need a complete new motor? Im frustrated. Really, really, really frustrated..... It happened on the left side, just where the swingarm starts to get in contact with the motor. Please help

Yes axles are replaceable. They can be hard to break loose, you might need a press for that or a bearing/axle puller and some large spanners.
Are you running mxus 3000 motor? If so check with madin88 if he still got more left of his beefed up custom axle for that motor. Or maybe he also did one for the 205 as well? Could even be that Artur is keeping spare parts in stock or he can order spare axle for you. You don't need to change complete motor.

macribs said:
Yes axles are replaceable. They can be hard to break loose, you might need a press for that or a bearing/axle puller and some large spanners.
Are you running mxus 3000 motor? If so check with madin88 if he still got more left of his beefed up custom axle for that motor. Or maybe he also did one for the 205 as well?

Thank you really much for trying to help me out. No, Im running a QS 205 from Artur. Hopefully it is possible to replace it from that motor too... Do I have to open the motor for that? Because I have put some red loktite on the screws for the sidecover screws last time, as I had not the blue loktite with me back then... Could be hard to open that stuff :roll:

Nah locktite is doable. Carefully apply more pressure. Use a pipe or long wrench or similar to add to your torque.
Yes also the QS 205 motor axle is possible to change. I can't remember anyone making custom axles for those motors, but check with artur or contact qsmotor I am sure it all works out.

macribs said:
Nah locktite is doable. Carefully apply more pressure. Use a pipe or long wrench or similar to add to your torque.
Yes also the QS 205 motor axle is possible to change. I can't remember anyone making custom axles for those motors, but check with artur or contact qsmotor I am sure it all works out.

Ok nice to hear... Thank you really much. I just hope this will all not take that long. Last time when I had a problem on my motor, it took 2 month to get all stuff together..
*Especially when I have to get something delivered from china to germany. Seems like that´s not that easy. But I hope that Im wrong here.. :roll:

Heat or torque, a lot of torque. Easiest way is to use something to improve momentum by adding length to your tool. Unless their have been recent changes to the formula of red locktite you will manage to loosen those bolts without the need of heat if you take your time.
I would be careful using heat, as you risk heating up magnets too much so that they demagnetize.

A lot of things got cleared until now and I want to mention this here.

First, I want to make some things clear about the dropout: I have this frame since ~2 years, and Im really happy with it. When I have mounted the motor into the swingarm for the first time, it was really hard to fit the axle into it and thought the Vector manufacteurs did something wrong here, as it seemed to be impossible, to get the axle into the swingarm. (I hade to use a rubberhammer, to get the dropout fit to the axle). I thought it was unprofessional, but I was wrong. Here is why: When there is big torque on the swingarm holes and the holes would be wider, it could be possible that the axle would move inside the swingarmhole (dropout). To avoid that, Vector has built the swingarmholes slightly smaller. Also because the axles of any type of hub motors aren´t always exactly 10mm wide. Sometimes a 100th of mm less.

How the axle broke: The nut that has tightened the axle to the swingarm got loosen. By that a hugh momentum broke that axle. I will add some pictures in the future.

To my axle problem: I want to mention (nobody asked me to mention that, but I want to give some feedback), that Artur has offered me great support (again). He told me that he will ask the manufacteur of the motor to send him -> me a new axle to change it and if it is possible to change that at home as sending the heavy motor to china for repair would be too expensive. I think I will manage to repair that motor by myself...

I will let you know how this will go out.

-Cheers.

DasDouble said:
A lot of things got cleared until now and I want to mention this here.

First, I want to make some things clear about the dropout: I have this frame since ~2 years, and Im really happy with it. When I have mounted the motor into the swingarm for the first time, it was really hard to fit the axle into it and thought the Vector manufacteurs did something wrong here, as it seemed to be impossible, to get the axle into the swingarm. (I hade to use a rubberhammer, to get the dropout fit to the axle). I thought it was unprofessional, but I was wrong. Here is why: When there is big torque on the swingarm holes and the holes would be wider, it could be possible that the axle would move inside the swingarmhole (dropout). To avoid that, Vector has built the swingarmholes slightly smaller. Also because the axles of any type of hub motors aren´t always exactly 10mm wide. Sometimes a 100th of mm less.

How the axle broke: The nut that has tightened the axle to the swingarm got loosen. By that a hugh momentum broke that axle. I will add some pictures in the future.

To my axle problem: I want to mention (nobody asked me to mention that, but I want to give some feedback), that Artur has offered me great support (again). He told me that he will ask the manufacteur of the motor to send him -> me a new axle to change it and if it is possible to change that at home as sending the heavy motor to china for repair would be too expensive. I think I will manage to repair that motor by myself...

I will let you know how this will go out.

-Cheers.

thx for feedback. It is shows one more time how important is to check all your bolts before you go for a ride,and a big role of the smaller bolts on a dropouts that tight up the dropout-axel connection. add some picture here if you can.

Back