Votol EM-260

MK2R

100 W
Anyone know what the difference is between the 72V and 96V version? except it costs more

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004443512147.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.6.3ffd1979vJvITy&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21SEK%21SEK%205%2C891.34%21SEK%205%2C891.34%21%21%21%21%21%40211b88ef16723642264082224e9606%2112000029197987092%21sh

The 72V version is a bit cheaper, but not a huge amount, the 96V is more attractive for the future if increase in topspeed is needed.

Can i buy the 96V controller and use a 72V system on it? i can't find any good manuals of what the lowest allowed voltage for the 96V controller is.

96v named controller would normally be nominal 96V so roughly 26S voltage and around 112V max. It will work with a 72V battery without issues, the small downside is that 72V mosfets are rated below 100V and (as far as i know) the best in this range of mosfets is still more efficient than the mosfets with higher voltage rating.

You might have slightly higher losses on the 96V controller due to this - how much depends on the specific mosfets.

Can you guys connect to the computer? I had no luck so far.

I'm using the data cable provided with the controller, software version EM_V3-49 and windows 10. Set baud rate to 115200. Got the right COM port, appears to connect but I get the error message from the controller app ''communication abnormal, no response''. The controller is powered on on with the red LED flashing.

I can connect to the EM150 with a different USB cable and baud rate set to 9600, but I couldn't connect with any of the data cables provided by the seller. I had to buy a cable separately.

I finally got the bluetooth module. I can connect with my phone using a Wechat mini-app in Chinese only.

Fiddled with pretty much all the settings and the best I can get is 180A at 0RPM, exactly the same as with the EM150.

Matched with a 8KW QS273 and a 72V battery capable of 600A discharge.

My disappointement is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Did anyone actually connect the 260 with the provided cable from the supplier? I've tried setting it up as per the dodgy instructions, several different versions of the driver, swapping RX and TX, setting the baud rate in device manager driver and in software, every version of the app supplied in the download link from the seller, both CAN enabled/disabled and different USB ports. The most I get is a green flickering light on the USB cable and "communication abnormal, no response." I can get the controller to work with my motor, change gears and connect to a cheap display so I know the controller is working, I just can't get into it to tune it.

Did anyone actually connect the 260 with the provided cable from the supplier? I've tried setting it up as per the dodgy instructions, several different versions of the driver, swapping RX and TX, setting the baud rate in device manager driver and in software, every version of the app supplied in the download link from the seller, both CAN enabled/disabled and different USB ports. The most I get is a green flickering light on the USB cable and "communication abnormal, no response." I can get the controller to work with my motor, change gears and connect to a cheap display so I know the controller is working, I just can't get into it to tune it.
Spoke to the supplier. They had one of there engineers take over my PC and got it to work. Took them an hour but I can finally play with my settings.

Back