Votes: 9 6.3%
  • a import

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • other

Votes: 30 20.8%
  • eeewww beer is gross how can you drink that stuff

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters
Parents are alcoholic’s brother in jail from drugs and ex-wife lost to drugs also. Raised the daughters on my own because of all of this. Nothing good about the any of the stuff and if I was a drinker I would likely be dead now as I have HCV. Got stuck by a syringe wrapped up in a cheeseburger wrapper on a bus seat 20 years back. I'm still fighting with the stuff but glad I did not do much damage to the liver by drinking as I want to live a few more years. Just lost my best friend to alcohol and tobacco abuse too so with the exception of the beer softening up a pot roast in the fridge, before it’s cooked, a pickled liver is the only other thing it is good for.

i never liked beer myself, mostly drank scotch and blended, quit drinking 21 years ago. what a waste of money and health and so many poor bicyclist have to die so others can drink and drive. that is another $2k/year to pay the mortgage on my little slice of heaven in colorado.

it is pretty clear that alcoholism is a social disease, with a genetic component so i think it would make more sense for people to be tested for the alcoholism disposition before being allowed to drink.

why they can't charge $10 tax on a pack of cigarettes is beyond me. and they make something so innocuous as pot illegal and lock up millions of poor black kids for supporting themselves selling it.

and they should tax alcohol like they do in denmark too, put the taxes to good use.

dnmun said:
why they can't charge $10 tax on a pack of cigarettes is beyond me. and they make something so innocuous as pot illegal and lock up millions of poor black kids for supporting themselves selling it.

and they should tax alcohol like they do in denmark too, put the taxes to good use.

I agree about the pot, though I haven't touched any in years. I recently read the Netherlands is faced with the difficult choice of closing prisons or importing prisoners. Wish we had that problem. Here in the US more than half of our 2 million prisoners are non-violent drug offenders. I thought we made slavery illegal. :?

Favorite Beers

1. My Homebrew
2. Your Homebrew
3. Local made beer-example Middle Ages brewery in Syracuse and no they don't serve food there, just beer-free samples, but no chairs! :mrgreen:

Commercial Beers

1. Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
2. Xingu Black Beer
3. Samuel Adam's Cream Stout mixed 50-50 with Samual Adams Winter Lager- good on a cold night

sitting in the fridge right now-1554 Black Beer and Ommegang Three Philosophers

I'll drink most any microbrew/homebrew put in front of me regardless of flavor/style

Just this one for me.

images

This is REally good beer if you like hops:

Deschutes Brewery Inversion IPA

Bend Oregon.

6.8% Alcohol, dont know the carbs or calories, dont care.

When you asked this question, it was summer.

Now its winter, at least in Colorado.

Bristol Brewing Winter Warlock, an Oatmeal Stout , is sure sitting gooood tonite.

d

I don't drink much but I saw a nice sale on bud-light bottle. A 20 pack for only $12.99. Thats 65 cents a bottle. Of course then tax, crv and whatever else your state slaps you with. I don't know why, but why do the bottles always taste better then can beer? I always get water or something when you get to the bottom of a can. Then you just toss it. Must be the aluminum reacting with the beer?

WTF thats all Horse Piss beer (cept micro brews) wheres the "real beer" ?

Emu Export<--mans beer ... Carlton Cold... Hahn ICE
Swan Draught ...Should chuck Fosters up there too see how
many frock wearers are here :mrgreen:

KiM

WTF thats all Horse Piss beer
:lol:

hilarious, I wouldn't drink bud light if it was free :wink:

:D
for store bought
http://www.okspring.com/images/1516BavarianLagerBeer.gif

otherwise im my own brewery.
water is the main ingredient, my experience is that despite recipe the water its brewed with makes the biggest difference. the okanagan in bc has some of the best tasting water ive ever had and OK springs 1516 is the beer im still trying to copy with my ubrew setup.

Root beer is probly the best tasting and best for me so it is the only one I will drink. Weinhard's is one of the best. http://www.rootbeerreviews.com/brews/henryweinhard.php It doesn't get me in much trouble either. ;^) By the way once yer liver is pickled it's likely the best choice. I expect others to be joining me in this choice some day.

used to be able to buy RootBeer in the Delis in the 1980s here in Perth (Western Australia) i havent seen it anywhere for 20 years though in local shops can get it in the USA Speciality Shops we have here...and that Doctor Pepper rubbish ACK tastes like the smell of crushed ants, i think licking a pigs butthole would be a more favourable :-|

KiM

AussieJester said:
used to be able to buy RootBeer in the Delis in the 1980s here in Perth (Western Australia) i havent seen it anywhere for 20 years though in local shops can get it in the USA Speciality Shops we have here...and that Doctor Pepper rubbish ACK tastes like the smell of crushed ants, i think licking a pigs butthole would be a more favourable :-|

KiM

OOH so I like pigs now too do I? ;^) No accounting for taste I guess. DR Pepper my favorite and very popular round Portland it's on tap at nearly every fast food joint now. Henry's root beer goes with my Pizza. Soon we will all be working at fast food restaurants as its one of the few jobs the consortium can't ship overseas.

HAHA A nagh mate didn't mean it like that (didnt mean to offend you if i did) ...different folks have different tastes
Dr Pepper has just never taken off here...

KiM

p.s i have slept with a few "pigs" in my time long as you get out before they wake up and your friends dont find out its not too bad, bit like riding a Moped, fun till ya mates find out :p

AussieJester said:
HAHA A nagh mate didn't mean it like that (didnt mean to offend you if i did) ...different folks have different tastes
Dr Pepper has just never taken off here...

KiM

p.s i have slept with a few "pigs" in my time long as you get out before they wake up and your friends dont find out its not too bad, bit like riding a Moped, fun till ya mates find out :p

No offence taken was just a chance to give someone a hard time and you were there and not so close you could slap me upside the head. We do all have different tastes and that's a good thing as the world would be a boring place without it. Pigs OOPS, next thing you know there will be bunches of little piglets and pigettes knocking on yer door. I can't help you there. ;^)

biohazardman said:
We do all have different tastes and that's a good thing as the world would be a boring place without it.

If any little piglettes knocked on my door they would have been better "escape" artists than Hoodini :mrgreen:

Yes tastes also change i could never stomach cabbage cauliflower or brussel sprouts
when i was younger love them all now sadly i have lost my taste for fish though thankfully
shell fish i still LOVE!

KiM

mmmmmmm, just bottled my homebrew earlier this week and it should be ready for drinking on Christmas day!

just opened a bottle of one of Drunk skunks Favorites, Stones - Arraogant Bastard ale. Saw some on sale and bought some last week.

Damn that is good. wife liked it too.

might not be much inteilgent posting tonite. least not on the techie stuff.

d

We've got a few excellent local breweries: Manny's and Mac 'n Jack. Arrogant bastard is really good too. Have you tried Ruination IPA by the same brewers? Very hoppy but they use some really nice hops so it's not too bitter.

I Did the Stone brewery tour today with wife and two friends.

OMG!!

TEN Beers. We took the Sprinter train from the Pacific Ocean then walked ~1/2 mile; no car involved.
Showed the tour guide our train commuter tickets and the samples flowed and flowed.

Everyone of us said at least once: Stone had brews the best we ever had.

If you are ever anywhere close to Southern California, (Escondido) you have to take the tour.

Stone is also a Beer distributor and has a cold aging room for several other quality Craft brewers.

http://www.stonebrew.com/home.asp#

They have bicycle racing shirts; how would you like to have one that says "Arrogant Bastard" ? to wear while smoking a lycra with your ebike? for $60?

Boy this is a pregnant question!

I am a beer judge, highly qualified at that. I could spend an hour just talking about one country: Germany! Then I’d follow that with the Czech Republic, and then Belgium. GB use to have a lot of great beer but the selection is getting less and less. Hmmm, by the book?

• American Pale Ale: Sierra Nevada in California; the classic commercial example! However my second choice is more of a homegrown upstart: Manny’s Pale Ale from Georgetown Brewing in Seattle, Washington.
  • Golden Ale: Deschutes in Oregon back in 2000; they don’t make it like that anymore.
  • Bohemian Pilsener: Pilsner Urquell on draft in Prague! No other beer gets my highest score; it is phenomenal, but you have to go to Prague to get it in this special form.
  • Specialty: U Fleků also in Prague; by far the best dark beer in the Czech Republic!
  • Altbier: Uerige Doppel Sticke in Altstadt of Düsseldorf; the hoppiest beer in all of Germany! And tied with fresh Pinkus Organic Münster Alt ~ you’d think you died and gone to heaven!
  • Best Porter style: Baltic (all but the Russian style). Long ago, there was Grant’s Perfect Porter, but the brewery has closed.
  • Scottish Strong Scotch: Tied between Traquair House Ale and Orkney Skull Splitter. Although if you’re in country, stop and try the Safeway-brand; it’s quite impressive!
  • English Bitter: Boddington's (Bodies) on draught man in Manchester, except they don’t make it there anymore, the bass!
  • English Pale Ale: Tied between Bass Ale and Fuller’s ESB, fresh in country on draught.
  • English Barleywine: Thomas Hardy's Ale for a lot of reasons…
  • Old Ale: … on a wicked cold bitter night when it’s chuckin’ down rain, yer froze to the bone wet, coming in from the storm, kickin’ yer wellys off and trodden over to the fire. The wee woman, she brings you two things: a quaich filled to the brim with Lagavulin 25, and a pint of Harviestoun Old Engine Oil. That’ll git yer giddy-up goin! Yeah… bring the lot!

There’s more… I could go on for hours… trust me!
BJCP Style Guidelines

Cheers! KF

Back