Votes: 9 6.3%
  • a import

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • other

Votes: 30 20.8%
  • eeewww beer is gross how can you drink that stuff

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters
We have bombers of Crazy Hoppy Bitch at work... or at least we did.

My favorite 3 IPA's; Yakima Craft (IPA), Ballast Point Sculpin, and Bale Breaker Topcutter.

Favorite 3 winter beers: St. Bernardus/Corsendonk Christmas Ale, and Einbecker Winter-Bock. Ohh, and a freebie... The Bruery 6-geese-a-laying gooseberry infused Belgian strong-dark ale. And Avery's Old Jubilation from last year is absolutely killer this year... Plenty of plum-fig-raisin, with toasted caramel/candy and cinnamon-nutmeg-clove from the specialty malts (not spices). Finishes with a hint of booze.

Best last 3 stouts I've had: Oskar Blues Ten-FIDY, Fort-George Cavatica, Lost Abbey Serpents Stout (shockingly rich!)

Best last 3 bourbon stouts I've had: The Dogfather by Laughing Dog (So smooth I feel like it doesn't even touch my mouth), Bourbon County by Goose Island (don't fear the new management) and Ivan the Terrible by Big Sky. All 100% bourbon-barrel aged... all very powerful. This year, Goose Island is sitting at 14.8%...

Selkirk 10 is absolutely killer after a year in the bottle. KILLER. I definitely like it more than Abt 12! =O

Interesting style of the last two weeks: Scottish Heather. Brewing with heather tips adds a tealike herbal character with a hint of caramelly sweetness, all on a bready/malty base. Surprisingly enjoyable for a light, malty, sweet beer.

Back