Lightning Motorcycles Open House

We had a little party at Lightning Motorcycles https://lightningmotorcycle.com/ in San Jose yesterday. Boosted Boards came with demo boards and their new scooter that started shipping last week.

Big fun. Pics start on page three https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535321
We did a slow race on electric bicycles. A California Highway Patrol officer, Tim, participated. He didn’t win.

Sorry I didn’t post this last week.

Attachments

• CB2BE4EA-25F8-4A4F-9AC1-A4D209093637.jpeg
    CB2BE4EA-25F8-4A4F-9AC1-A4D209093637.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,446
The Strike is for sale now. I think they have no problem accepting your money. I think the first deliveries are imminent. I rode an alpha bike a month or so ago. Not a true test ride, as I need Laguna or Sears for that. Soon!

I don't believe the Strike is even in production, but I would love to be wrong. Yes, they will take your money lol.

The LS 281 bikes are built to order; my guess is the Strike will be the same. I believe they are close to delivery. So you are wrong, kinda. I’ll try to post when delivery happens.

ButchtheBARFdude said:
So you are wrong, kinda.

What's your proof of that? How do you know they are actually making strikes? I can't see any way they could meet their specs and prices without mass production, unless their investors are ok with the company running at a pretty big loss....in which case we'd probably be seeing both more strikes AND more ls-218s. Did you see the assembly line or something?

For that matter, why are there basically no videos of the ls-218 besides from a couple journalists and chip yates? I don't believe that bike was ever in production either and it's supposedly been available for years. They made an extremely small handful of prototype bikes, that's it.

I go to the shop pretty regularly and see what is going on. The assumptions that folks make are, er, assumptions. The business model that Lightning is executing is different than what assumers assume.

That could be a book: "Assuming Assumers and the Asses that Assume Them", but that would prolly get me to have to resign from the Senate or something..

Serioulsly, take no offense to my jests. I can get real questions answered. I got the first Alta available to the general public, I could prolly get the first Strike. Second Strike. I know the first is spoken for.

There were three Strikes at the Open House. Ironic, eh?

I'm new here, and don't want to piss anyone off. Sometimes I think I am witty. Sometimes it does not come off so successfully. So cut me some slack if you need to.

You guys rock. This is a pretty awesome site.

Thanks for no proof and personal attacks.

I don't doubt there have been strikes made, and LS-218 made. But they are prototypes, not mass manufactured.

If LS-218 was really for sale, why are there ZERO videos from owners? As in, none whatsoever to be found. That's kind of big evidence that the bike hasn't really existed for sale.

ButchtheBARFdude said:
Correct. These bikes are not mass manufacturered.

They are demonstrably not manufactured for customers at all in the case of the LS-218, unless you can only buy one by agreeing to never show it anyone. I won't hold my breath on the strike either.

You either have inside information or you don't. You're suggesting you do, but you're providing no proof.

this is kinda cool
https://electricmotorcycles.news/lightning-motorcycles-advancing-the-future-and-interview-with-richard-hatfield/

As soon as I get some information to share I will do that. Perhaps someone will do a youtube thing

I want to believe.

But it'll never be a thing in Australia due to import shenanigans (in the near term)... that and like others have said before, zero have actually shipped.

The longer term is even hazier.

I'd buy one tomorrow if it was possible in this country and they were actually shipping bikes.

Back