Will the BBS02 or BBSHD fit here?

Xray

100 mW
I am about ready to purchase the components for turning my tandem trike into an e-trike! I am hoping to use the BBS02 750 watt version or possibly the BBSHD if I can get the extra funds together. Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to show you guys a picture of the rear crank area to verify there is enough room for the drive. There is no way to have the motor section hang down due to the frame configuration so it has to be up on top.
DSCF3921_zpsabafsuob.jpg

The bar coming down on the left is the front seat support. The little stub on the right normally has a clamped on tube that holds the derailleur. Do you think there is enough room for either of the units? If I had to I could remove the derailleur stub but I would rather leave it in case I want to sell the trike in the future. I'm thinking of the motor on the right, towards the back and using a triangle battery on the left behind the front seat. It will make a very stealthy system.

Another question: if I use the 750 watt BBS02, I want to set things up in a way that I don't over stress the controller or motor drive gears. I know low gearing and proper shifting will make a big difference. My question is what gearing is low enough? I have a 20" rear wheel with a 11-32 8 speed cassette. I am not looking for high top speed, 20 mph is fine. We will continue to pedal full time. Typically when we ride we use the 40 tooth middle ring the majority of the time but have to use the 26 tooth small ring for hills. I'll be using a 52v 20ah battery from Luna.
Thanks for any help!

Back