Yuba Mundo w Bafang BBSHD

squashua

1 mW
Hi. Will a Bafang 68mm BBSHD just plug and play in a Yuba Mundo or will I need to shim it? I appreciate anyone with first-hand knowledge. Thank you.

Planing of doing the same ... I already have the Bafang BBSHD and that motor is great and it should be perfect with the Yuba Mundo. I have it right now in a converted Xtracycle (but that one has to much flex with heavy loads) and it should work without problems with the Yuba Mundo but would also like to here somebody who really has done it.

Have either of you figured this out? I have a Mundo that I'm just about to buy a kit for and would love to hear your experiences. I'm planning on a 1000W BBSHD kit from Luna. Any recommendations on battery? Other issues/ considerations?

Any recommendations on battery?
I recommend 52V for the BBSHD, that is what I have. They run fine on 48V, but 52V means never having to wish you had just a "little bit" more...

If you want a small and light battery, the GA cell can do 10A per cell, and has 3500-mAh, so Lunas 14-Ah pack is 4P, meaning it can provide 40A.

If you want more range than 14-Ah, you can get more bang for your buck (more Ah per $) with a larger/heavier PF pack, in say maybe 20-Ah? (it's 7P, can provide plenty of amps). Small bump in price over the GA cell (maybe 20%-ish?). Big bump in range, maybe 45% more)

Hello, guys i finially build my yuba ebike too! After reading tons, and tons of reviews i went with a bbshd and 91 30q 18650 cell to make a 13s 7p pack which seems to be running pretty dam good! My question is hot off the charger my pack is only 52.6 volts. I am not sure if the is a result the cells or the bms, all in all i clocked 29 miles today and only lost two bars.

newjazz said:
Hello, guys i finially build my yuba ebike too! After reading tons, and tons of reviews i went with a bbshd and 91 30q 18650 cell to make a 13s 7p pack which seems to be running pretty dam good! My question is hot off the charger my pack is only 52.6 volts. I am not sure if the is a result the cells or the bms, all in all i clocked 29 miles today and only lost two bars.

It is probably a result of either the bms or more likely the charger being set at that voltage. The cells have no "intelligence" unless they have some kind of protection circuit. (very uncommon)
If you measure the chargers output with a multimeter set to dc volts, what does it show?

Back