Is Tektro Open or Closed switch system for Bafang BBSHD brake sensor?

shane0524

1 µW
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade to hydrauliuc brakes with built in sensors. I am sick of the glue on bafang sensors that keep falling off. This will be for my Specialized Rockhopper with BBSHD.

I need to figure out if the tektro e350 will work with the bafang sysyem.

I want to go with these brakes. (Tektro E350) Tektro HD-E350 E-bike Brake 900/1850mm Electric Power Control Hydraulic Brake | eBay

It will require me to cut the connector or at least modify the connector to make it connect 3 pin red higo to 2 pin yello higo. (This is often done when pairing MT5E with BBSHD)

My question surrounds the idea of open or closed switch system. The tektro site says its an open system, is that what I need for the Bafang? or do I need the opposite?

MT5e says it "closes a normally open system". Does that mean it works the same way as the tektro e350?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What do you use to cut the power on your other motor vehicles when you touch the brakes?

I use my onboard software for that, and for my e-bikes too.

I am just trying to g
What do you use to cut the power on your other motor vehicles when you touch the brakes?

I use my onboard software for that, and for my e-bikes too.
I know there is some element of on board software that reads signals from the brake levers, just hoping to find out if the tektro sensor speaks the same language as the bbshd when it comes to brake cut offs.

I am just trying to g

I know there is some element of on board software that reads signals from the brake levers, just hoping to find out if the tektro sensor speaks the same language as the bbshd when it comes to brake cut offs.
I'm talking about the software that runs in the operating system between my ears.

I don't need legs that shut down when a shoelace becomes untied, and I don't need my brake levers to do anything other than apply the brakes.

What other vehicle have you used that turns off the motor when you touch the brake? It's a weird feature that's pitched as a safety item, when actually dangerous vehicles never have it. So I don't install lever interlocks on any of the bikes I convert.

I'm talking about the software that runs in the operating system between my ears.

I don't need legs that shut down when a shoelace becomes untied, and I don't need my brake levers to do anything other than apply the brakes.

What other vehicle have you used that turns off the motor when you touch the brake? It's a weird feature that's pitched as a safety item, when actually dangerous vehicles never have it. So I don't install lever interlocks on any of the bikes I convert.
Most modern cars with a Canbus ECU will cut engine power when you brake. It’s sad for burnouts, but good for Toyota acceleration lawsuits.

Back