Bafang Throttle Schematic

automan25

100 mW
Does anyone else have a copy of a schematic for any of the Bafang throttles? I'm working on a project where I control the throttle input with an Arduino and need to know which pins do what.

Bafang makes a lot of stuff. Hub? Middrive? Internal or external controller? Etc?

As for throttles in general, they are usually hall sensor types, and so usually have 5v on one wire, ground on anohter, and a signal that goes from just above 0V to around 4V, depending on the actual throttle unit.

The response of the controller to that input can vary significantly. Many are marked, some are not. Some don't start responding till it reaches over 1V, even 1.4V. Some stop responding around 3-3.5v, some higher than that. So you'd need to test your actual controller to see where it's response limits are.

"...and so usually have 5v on one wire, ground on another, and a signal that goes from just above 0V to around 4V..."

This is good to know and is what I'm trying to figure out. Any ideas how I can tell which wire is which? The unit in question is the standard left thumb throttle for the BBSxx mid-drive series. Output voltage ranges from 1.4 to 4.2.
https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-parts/bbshd-parts/bafang-bbsxx-left-thumb-throttle/

automan25 said:
Any ideas how I can tell which wire is which?
If it's operational on a bike just use a voltmeter, with it's black/common on battery ground.

Otherwise you'll have to either read around the forum to see if anyone ever posted a wiring diagram for that, or check with your vendor or manufacturer for one, or open things up and see which wire goes where (assuming pads are marked).

Back