Tell me about vesc's sincos input.

z56mkk

1 µW
Hello!

I bought a zero DS motor.
I want to control it using the VESC platform.
Please tell me where to connect the sincos signal.
I would also like to know how to set it up.
If someone has posted this in the past, please give me the link.
I can design and implement a board from a schematic, so if I know the input pins and how to set them up, I can make a controller.

Thank you.

I'm not sure that all VESC in general supports that, but you can verify this for the one you want to use:

The specific VESC model you use should have documentation to tell you which pins they chose to implement, and how. That documentation comes from that specific manufacturer.

So you'll need to choose which specific VESC you're going to use based on what features you require, vs what they implemented, and the capabilities it has vs what you need the whole system to do under your usage conditions.

The general VESC documentation from the main VESC project website will say what the software itself supports, and the general hardware design. It will also have the code so that if it doesn't support SIN/COS encoders you could re-write it to do so, and add your code to the branches (since it's open-source) for others to use, if no one else has already done so.

I'm not sure that all VESC in general supports that, but you can verify this for the one you want to use:

The specific VESC model you use should have documentation to tell you which pins they chose to implement, and how. That documentation comes from that specific manufacturer.

So you'll need to choose which specific VESC you're going to use based on what features you require, vs what they implemented, and the capabilities it has vs what you need the whole system to do under your usage conditions.

The general VESC documentation from the main VESC project website will say what the software itself supports, and the general hardware design. It will also have the code so that if it doesn't support SIN/COS encoders you could re-write it to do so, and add your code to the branches (since it's open-source) for others to use, if no one else has already done so.
Thank you.
Is there a Saturday positioning method you would normally use?

Thank you.
Is there a Saturday positioning method you would normally use?
What you're trying to ask doesn't make sense. I dont' know why you would want to position something different on Saturday than other days of the week? If you're using a translator...it failed. :(

If you are trying to ask what motor position sensor / encoder you could use with VESC...you would need to check the manufacturer's info for the specific board and version of VESC you intend to use to see what it supports.

If they don't have this info available, you'd have to check the general info on the main VESC project website for the version of VESC you want to use is based on, if you can find that out. Or just see what VESC version (according to the VESC project website) supports the motor position sensor / encoder you want to use, and then find a place that makes that version *and* supports that sensor / encoder. You'll want to go there anyway to get the setup software and manuals for it.

If you don't want to check that site out for the info, then you probably also won't want to go thru all the setup and configuring and tuning you will have to do with VESC or any other FOC controller, and should probably look for a generic controller that doesn't require setup or configuration (not an FOC type). ;)

What you're trying to ask doesn't make sense. I dont' know why you would want to position something different on Saturday than other days of the week? If you're using a translator...it failed. :(

If you are trying to ask what motor position sensor / encoder you could use with VESC...you would need to check the manufacturer's info for the specific board and version of VESC you intend to use to see what it supports.

If they don't have this info available, you'd have to check the general info on the main VESC project website for the version of VESC you want to use is based on, if you can find that out. Or just see what VESC version (according to the VESC project website) supports the motor position sensor / encoder you want to use, and then find a place that makes that version *and* supports that sensor / encoder. You'll want to go there anyway to get the setup software and manuals for it.

If you don't want to check that site out for the info, then you probably also won't want to go thru all the setup and configuring and tuning you will have to do with VESC or any other FOC controller, and should probably look for a generic controller that doesn't require setup or configuration (not an FOC type). ;)
I'm sorry for the confusion.
It was a translation error.
I wanted to ask what sensor inputs VESC supports.

Back