This is my first middrive build log.
I built one rear hub driven Specialized Bighit, its working fine, but i want some different beast
I selected GNG electric motor and LightningRod’s one stage idea.
67kV motor, 12S Lipo cca. 3200rpm full throttle.
12T/85T 219H chain, 1:7 reduction to BB (cca 460rpm on BB, less stress on components, no pedaling
24T/48T bikechain 1:2 reduction to rear wheel.(cca 260rpm, low speed, high torque
The 48T and 42T is front chainwheel, mounted to cassette with special adapter. The other rear sprockets is from 8S cassette.
Now in test period i use 42T/48T and enjoy the torque
The shifting partialy working, need some fixing for speed setup.
- Magellan PolarX hungarian dirt/street frame.
- GNG motor, 67 kV “small block” from GNG
- GNG 12T 219H sprocket from GNG
- 85T 219H carting sprocket from local carting shop
- 219H 106 links carting chain from local carting shop
- 24T front chainwheel, 5 holes direct freewheel mount from Cyclone
- ACS freewheel from Eclipse UK
- 148mm ISIS BB from Cyclone
- ISIS freewheel mount crankset from Eclipse UK
- 3/32” bike chain from local bike store
- cassette to104BCD front chainwheel adapter from ebay
- 48T and 42T front chainwheel from local bike store
- Greentime 1500W / 40A controller from Greentime
- Turnigy Graphene 8000mAh 6s 15C 2pcs from hobbyking
First offroad test video: