North Florida

kasey

1 µW
This is a quickave intro my name is kasey and I live in St Augustine. I have been lurking this forum for quite some time but it seems to the best resouces and the least biases on net, as compared to some of the other forums. I currently have a x505 front and a 35 amp controller and could use some help getting it going. I really need help loctating or building a Fork and torque arm. Also i am seeking a hands on partner to build an off the shelf or sligthtly modified generation two or maybe three build, some of you are already far down this road,possibly a dual motor or nuvinci hub with big lithiums and better controllers. Thanks and any suggestions or commments would be appreciated Kasey

Welcome there.

Kasey is looking for someone who is willing to mod his Crystalyte controller(s) with 4110's. I told him I was too busy right now. Price would need to be negotiated.

Anyone that can help? Bob?, Lowell?, Rick?

With a x505, you're going to have tons of torque and should be able to climb anything.
I thought Florida was pretty flat?

Being just S of St. Augustine by 25 miles or so I'll confirm the flatness of our area and admit I'm not sure which motor a 505 is. Assuming it's a Crystalyte 5305 is probably a mistake.

St. Augustine is one of the best towns I can think of for bike riding. I used to ride my non electric folding bike there whenever the opportunity presented itself and my daughter and grandkids take their bikes there frequently.

Kasey, I ride a Crystalyte 5304 front mounted in a steel beach cruiser frame with a Crystalyte 48 volt 40 amp controller and find I have more than sufficient power to get over any bridge at speed and can exceed the legal speed limit for electrically assisted bikes by 10 - 11 MPH. There ain't hardly a Lycra that can keep up.

For routine street riding, IMHO, you'll find speed is less important than range. I don't know what you consider second or third generation or your ultimate goalsso am unable to offer assistance. St. Augustine is a different city with a different population, one that is more into bicycles but here at least I know of only three or four electric bikes and all of them, with the exception of mine, are off the shelf units and I don't think there is any local support.

Mike

Back