Stealth Bomber VS Vector Typhoon V2 14000 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkadam

100 µW
Hi guys

A few weeks ago I bought a Stealth Fighter F37 as my first electric bike to basically test the waters/see if I liked riding it and was getting good use out of it etc. I do quite enjoy riding it but would like more power. My desire for increased power comes from the fact that I live at the top of quite a long steep hill. Ideally I would like something that could sit on 60+ KPH up hills without pedaling. I have been looking at videos online and browsing this forum and am thinking about upgrading to either the Bomber or Vector Typhoon:

http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/stealth-b-52-bomber/
http://www.vectorebike.com/bikes/typhoon-v2-0-10000-watt.html

I would like to get some opinions on these bikes as they are relatively similarly priced. The way I see it the Typhoon has almost triple the wattage, has a longer range, is more water resistant, has inbuilt powered lights and has a 250w pedal assist only mode making it "legal" where I live (Australia). To me this makes it appear to be the clear winner on paper. Please let me know if there are significant points in favour of the bomber or if I am clearly missing something in my analysis. The factors the bomber has going for it that I can see are local support from a more established brand (I have a dealer near me), as well as a possible reliability advantage (I did see a thread on here where a typhoon burnt to the ground).

The bike will mainly be used to commute on trips of max 50kms with possibly the odd ride on a dirt track. If people have viable alternatives to the two options listed above then please let me know. Please keep in mind that I am after a pre-built bike rather than building my own custom one. Whilst I have the utmost respect for those of you on here who have acquired the skills and knowledge necessary to build your own bikes from the ground up, at this stage I do not believe I have sufficient time to dedicate to this. I think the options above do offer pretty reasonable value for what they are and I would think the time commitment to build an equivalent option would be huge.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Adam

i dont think deleting your thread and starting it again just to remove the negative comments should be acceptable as i said before the power that you want is well over what any pushbike should have on the road this is 70+mph and is a motorbike there is no way i can encourage this as the chances of it ending bad are just to high !

zackclark70 said:
i dont think deleting your thread and starting it again just to remove the negative comments should be acceptable as i said before the power that you want is well over what any pushbike should have on the road this is 70+mph and is a motorbike there is no way i can encourage this as the chances of it ending bad are just to high !

I did not start the thread again to remove negative comments. I specifically told you the reason for starting a thread in this section. Here is a direct quote from my reply in the previous thread: "I have also noticed that there is a dedicated e-bike section on this forum. I might repost the question in there as it is more relevant and this thread can be deleted."

I stand by the decision to post this thread in the E-bike section of the forum. My question relates to E-bikes and is much more likely to receive input and be visible to those forum members with an interest in E-bikes, when it is located in the E-bike section of the forum. I have already received a PM letting me know about a third alternative high power E-bike builder who may be able to build something comparable to the two options listed. This is advice which I did not receive in the E-vehicles general discussion section of the forum. I have emailed this third builder to get an idea of cost and may update this thread to reflect this third alternative. The reason I would delete the old thread if I could, is not to remove your comment, but rather to prevent having two threads asking the same question in different sections of the forum. It is not my intention to create additional work for the moderators of the forum.

Just to show you that the motivation for starting this thread was not to remove your comment, I will include your original comment below in bold and in the largest font possible, for everyone to read.

Zackclark70's original comment in my first thread read as follows:

"if you want that much power just get a 125cc motorbike pushing 14000w when the law is 250w is way over the top and will look bad on all the other ebike riders even 2000w will take you up a good hill at 25mph 14000w is a 70mph + bike and as much as i like ebikes i wont help anyone with riding that on the road illegally"

Furthermore Zachclark, I informed you in my previous thread that I have driven a 500kw vehicle on the street for years. It is a case of using throttle control. Just because an electric bike, or any vehicle for that matter, has a top speed of 70mph does not mean that you must always ride it at 70mph.

Where are you getting 70 mph from anyway? You are actually incorrect on this. If you read the Vector website more carefully you will realise that the Vector Typhoon comes from the factory, limited to a top speed of 50 mph.

Please feel free to post as many negative comments in this thread as you like. I think your chances of convincing me to go with a fully legal 250 watt E-bike are going to be slim, but happy to hear all opinions.

There is also Qulbix q76r to look at. I would go with Vector for the power or have Hyena build an alpha for you. http://hyenaelectricbikes.com

Another thing to look at is weight. Compare the weight of the bikes, pretty sure Vector is heavy as balls.

Upgrade yours. None that are sold have any interesting power. It is not a difficult task to mod a controller, replace a few wires and upgrade some components. Even if you don't want to get into mods, it will be much cheaper to buy a bigger motor/controller/battery combo.

You will always have to face some who think that they have the right to decide for you, the power and speed of your bike. Don't bother, some never built anything close to a good powerful bike and believe that nobody can. You can build a bike that is a better ride than most motorcycles, and beat most of them too. The future of EV is to replace gassers, despite the belief of anyone against it.

Cricket_Swe said:
There is also Qulbix q76r to look at. I would go with Vector for the power or have Hyena build an alpha for you. http://hyenaelectricbikes.com

Another thing to look at is weight. Compare the weight of the bikes, pretty sure Vector is heavy as balls.

Thanks. That is some more great info. I now have 5 options to consider.

I had a quick look at the weights and they are as follows:

Qulbix q76r = 46kg
Vector Typhoon = 49kg

Would I be right in thinking that the majority of the E-bikes at these high power levels would be getting close to 50kg due to the large batteries etc?

Also does anyone know rough prices for the Hyena Alpha 5000w or 10,000w? I had a quick look on their site and did not see pricing. I will send them an email too.

MadRhino said:
Upgrade yours. None that are sold have any interesting power. It is not a difficult task to mod a controller, replace a few wires and upgrade some components. Even if you don't want to get into mods, it will be much cheaper to buy a bigger motor/controller/battery combo.

You will always have to face some who think that they have the right to decide for you, the power and speed of your bike. Don't bother, some never built anything close to a good powerful bike and believe that nobody can. You can build a bike that is a better ride than most motorcycles, and beat most of them too. The future of EV is to replace gassers, despite the belief of anyone against it.

Thanks for your reply. I had not actually really looked into this. I quite like the way the Stealth F-37 fighter rides, so if I could get a bit more power from upgrades then this may be a great option. Do you have any recommendations on what manufacturers/parts I should be considering in terms of bigger motor/controller/battery combo?

It is after midnight here in Australia so I am about to go to bed, but I will check back in this thread tomorrow. Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated. This gives me lots to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back