How to wire my setup?

andreashb

10 mW
Hi!

I bought an ebike set off alibaba, but I can't seem to figure out how to wire it.
I have attached pictures of the cables, controller, motor and a yellow box that came with the set.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170821-225011-min.jpg
    Screenshot_20170821-225011-min.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 519
  • Screenshot_20170821-225007-min.jpg
    Screenshot_20170821-225007-min.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 519
  • Screenshot_20170821-225014-min.jpg
    Screenshot_20170821-225014-min.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 519
  • Snapchat-330046791-min.jpg
    Snapchat-330046791-min.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 519
The best first place to go to find out the wiring for that specific kit is the vendor that sold it. if they dont' have one either on the page you bought it from or that they can email you, some generic directions are below:

The yellow box is to put the three large phase wires from the motor and controller (yellow, blue, green) and the two large battery wires from the battery and the controller (red, black) into and secure with the nuts in the bag.

Red goes to red, black goes to black. Since your battery apparently has either XT90s or RC bullets (that's what is on either end of that adapter you show, but you don't show the actual battery's connector), you'll either have to change the ring terminals on teh controller to match those on the battery or adapter, or you'll have to change the connectors on the battery or adapter to the ring terminals.

The other colors might match, they might not; you'll have to determine that experimentally. There are a number of threads about that but the easiest is titled How to determine the wiring for a brushless motor, and has a matching entry in the ES wiki (linked in the threads about that at the top of each forum).

The two sets of 5 wires from the motor are two independent sets of hall sensors. You only need one of them, the other is a spare in case the first fails. There may be a 5-pin connector or bundle of 5 wires on the controller that go to these. Usually black goes to black, and red to red. The other three wires may also match color to color, they might not, you'll have to determine that experimentally just like the larger phase wires above.

The rest of the wires on the controller you'll also have to determine experimentally if there's no markings or diagram, if they dont' have matching connectors to plug into throttle, brakes, PAS, etc, that all came with the controller. (even if they come with it there's no guarantee that plugs and wires will match in type or color; some "kits" are not actually kits, just bundles of parts thrown together into a box that can probably be made to work together eventually, with enough DIY on the buyer's part).

It looks like another KT controller. We get about two of these posts every week. They don't work without the LCD because all the settings are accessed through it. The LCD costs more than the controller.

You need a speed sensor too otherwise there's a fair chance that the controller will go to sleep every 5 minutes. The speed sensor signal wire is the white one in the block with the hall sensor wires.

The rest are straight-forward. Red, white and black is the throttle and the one with the brown wire is the PAS. These controllers have very nice PAS functions so it's worth fitting the pedal sensor. It'll be much better than using the throttle on its own. Black and yellow are for the brake switches. you don't really need them with this controller because it has a very fast response to PAS and throttle.

I've seen the yellow terminal block melt down from increased resistance over time... I would prob cut off all the ring terminals from the power and phase wires and go with some other more reliable connector.

Back