38mph on 250w motor 48V?

I have. This is how I did it:

Fast bike.png

Note that the headwind negative 25 kph / mph

Also note why the O.P. mention 250W, must be another UK'er or other European, since Brexit is not doing much.

Just grab the leafbike 1500W in the rear wheel flavor and dont go around pissing people off on the pathways.

I've gotten 50-60 mph from unpowered pedal bikes, many times. You just need a long steep downhill run with good sightlines and no cross traffic.

I don't think I've ever gone faster than about 30 mph on an e-bike, though. The last one I had in a town with very steep hills would start to regenerate power as it exceed its free speed, so it was limited to about 29 mph on even the steepest streets. My current setup does the same, but at a slightly lower speed.

markz said:
Note that the headwind negative 25 kph / mph

Also note why the O.P. mention 250W, must be another UK'er or other European, since Brexit is not doing much.

Just grab the leafbike 1500W in the rear wheel flavor and dont go around pissing people off on the pathways.

Well OP didn't put any other restrictions on how to get to that speed! Only power and voltage!

I will be posting a video when the weather is better just too prove it really does 38mph and 25mph up a steep hill it only done this when I added one steel plantery gear as the plastic ones are no good

alix47 said:
I will be posting a video when the weather is better just too prove it really does 38mph and 25mph up a steep hill it only done this when I added one steel plantery gear as the plastic ones are no good

Oh. I get what you mean now. In that case yes. I overrated a 250W motor to 1200W, and was hitting 60 km/h on the flat. I used ATF to keep the motor cool, and it lasted about 6 months for daily commutes at those power ratings, so good value.

I also programmed in throttle ramping, so I didn't need to reinforce the nylon gears.

With our atmospheric density, it simply wouldn't be possible for anything even vaguely human shaped to maintain 60km/h on the flat, even before you consider rolling resistance. It's also not impossible your current measuring shunt is wrong, making you and the controller think you're using much less power than you think you are.

Anything is possible with the magic of the camera, motor trickery like ATF fluid, steel gears, perhaps a downhill run and start camera action on the flats.

markz said:
Anything is possible with the magic of the camera, motor trickery like ATF fluid, steel gears, perhaps a downhill run and start camera action on the flats.

Well if you want to deceive someone, it's even easier than that:

1. Enter the wrong tyre circumference so the speedo shows twice the real speed you are going,
2. Get to a real 30km/h
3. Play video at 2x, try to make sure there's no other frame of reference
4. Win!

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, as his title had been edited, and just assumed that he genuinely thought he broke the laws of physics.

markz said:

By the way, OP posted this in another thread:

alix47 said:
Got the same bike put a 48v 10ah battery n 48v 30amp controller on it and got 38mph out of it on a private road

So he's actually running closer to a 1500w bike, which all fits together, since I was able to hit that speed on 1200w. And since he's waiting for the weather to get warmer, he's probably somewhere really cold, so probably won't even need ATF to prolong the motor's life.

It better be Siberia or Northern Greenland/Finland/Sweden/Norway or the friggin North Pole

:pancake:

Sunder said:
And since he's waiting for the weather to get warmer, he's probably somewhere really cold

72v to do it on the flat without pedaling or drafting a truck. But it will be brief. Might even get 5 miles before the halls combust.

Don't know if he did it downhill, or downwind, or pedals his ass off with a 60 tooth front ring.

Typically 1500w will get you into the 35 mph ballpark, if the motor winding and voltage combination is possible to spin that rpm under load. Maybe he's got the really fast wind motor? I think he's just going downhill, his no load rpm would be that fast on 48v.

So, hes doing it with no load. That's my opinion.

On a velomobil 60km/h at 250W is possible. Even easier with 250W from electrc asisst and 200W human power.

1100km in 24h. Zero Watt from motor, only human power

https://www.bike-bild.de/service/news/neuer-damen-weltrekord-im-velomobil-aufgestellt-553835.html

Of course a velo can do more, or even just a regular bent can do much better than an MTB. Or just draft a box truck.

I just assumed we were talking about ordinary bikes here.

Back