New Chevy Spark EV3s for under $15k (in CA, OR and MD)!

MitchJi

10 MW
Hi,

Sounds like a great deal!.

http://cleantechnica.com/2015/04/16/chevy-spark-ev-price-falls-just-25995-low-14995/
Chevy Spark EV Price Falls To Just $25,995
EV buyers are eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit. In addition, California has a $2,500 rebate, Maryland, a $2,300 tax exemption. And Chevy will toss in a $1,000 rebate in California, $1,200 in Maryland and $3,500 in Oregon for Spark EV buyers. Not everybody qualifies for all the credits, so the $14,995 figure is a best-case price.
MSRP $25,995
minus $7,500 federal tax credit
minus $3,500 Combined GM rebate and State rebate
------------------------------------------------------------
Total $14,995

Minus any dealer discounts!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/04/14/chevrolet-spark-ev-price-cut/25757935/
Automakers are forced to take the losses to do business in states that require them to sell a certain number of "zero-local-emission" vehicles.

Against a backdrop of cheap gasoline and ho-hum sales, some shorter-range electric cars are being priced so low that they are competing with some of the most inexpensive conventional cars on the market.

Chevrolet announced on Tuesday that it is dropping the price of its Spark EV electric car by $1,650, the latest in a series of price cuts on models that generally go no more than 100 miles per charge. The Spark EV subcompact is sold in California, Oregon and Maryland.

While the cut leaves Spark at $26,820, including destination charges, federal and state tax credits can cut that as low as $14,995 — only about $2,000 more than the cheapest conventional Spark.

EV buyers are eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit. In addition, California has a $2,500 rebate, Maryland, a $2,300 tax exemption. And Chevy will toss in a $1,000 rebate in California, $1,200 in Maryland and $3,500 in Oregon for Spark EV buyers. Not everybody qualifies for all the credits, so the $14,995 figure is a best-case price.

EV owners in California and Maryland also are eligible for high-occupancy vehicle, or carpool lane, access when driving alone.-- "a very important consideration" to many buyers in urban areas, Mahoney said.

Hillhater said:
Hmmm ? .. And for about $3k I could get it containerised to Australia ! :wink:
...just need an " accomplice" in SoCal ? :mrgreen:
Sorry Mate, the steering wheel would be on the wrong side down there :cry: or shall I say on the correct side? :mrgreen:

i have seen a few but this place actually has a lotta EVs on the street and is prius capitol of the US imo.

i have seen a dozen or more Teslas, now i have seen the new BMS EV too, in fact parked in front of the house one day after the other. seen maybe 3-4 Spark EV.

i see lots of people use electric assist on their bikes here too. much more common than 5 years ago. almost an order of magnitude more in 5-6 years imo.

Back