Musicalpulltoy's Aowa Review

phoenix produce sells these aowa ebikes.
They are a ripoff! I payed $800 for a bike that started falling apart on the way home. I had to go around it and tighten bolts and screws. It came with defective batteries. THEY WOULD NOT REPLACE THEM. (another $245) The battery charger sold with them is supose to shut itself off, they dont, thus over charging and destroying the batteries. The metal they are made out of is of inferior quality,
LATEST UPDATE! brake light stoped working,flashing light on rear stoped working,right turn signal stoped working,rear sprocket is grinding during coasting,battery box is splitting apart AND 1 of 4 battery led is falling out.. All this in the 1st year...OH yes people BUYER BEWARE!! (wonder if theres a lemon law for these???)
there is now other sellers under different names but they are the same bike with different cosmetics.
latest ive found is Skiron Bikes
Phoenix Electric Bike Company and Store

good luck. the connectors are almost impossible to disconnect. i found this out when i had to replace the bent rim. bent due to cheap metal quality. now the replacement rim is warping. these 36,48 and 60 volt ebikes are junk.

i beg to differ on frame construction. i have the 60 volt aowa and the step through frame began to bend. i had to bend it out and reinforce it. doing sos it has to be removed the service the batteries,for the third time i might add with discuss. i got ripped off and warn others do not buy china ebikes.

hybikes are the same as aowa ebikes out of phoenix az. phoenix produce and hybikes are a few miles from each other, hint hint, now theres Skiron Bikes Phoenix Electric Bike Company and Store selling them in phoenix area. i have an aowa and it is total junk. cheap construction weak metals bend easily. plastic parts are brittle and break . do not buy

mvly said:
Anyone tried these bike before? The security features makes this tempting. Also it seems more practical for going to the grocery store and what not. Maybe we can mode to go faster and farther.

Price for me is around $1.2k

Is this worth it?

http://www.hybikes.com/

yes i bought an aowa which is the same except for cosmetics. it is junk. made with poor quality metals and plastics. they bend and break. NO SALE

well isnt that special. some were pertinant to the thread, did the facts hurt somebodys feelings? these sellers are predators. tv time.

Note that these posts were all merged into this new thread out of other people's discussion threads (some about unrelated things).

I notified the member about it, so he could come back and actually write a review here, instead of bits and pieces scattered among other people's threads that happened to have the bike brand name in them.

Interestingly, the pictures I saw on their website have no pedals. I'm not sure if AZ requires them or not. Some states do, some don't, for them to be called bikes.

dogman dan said:
Interestingly, the pictures I saw on their website have no pedals. I'm not sure if AZ requires them or not.
Not presently. I'm sure the police expect to see them, though, cuz "bikes have pedals". ;)

I think it's all in title 28 of the AZ state code, I forget which subsection though. Lets see:
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/28/02516.htm&Title=28&DocType=ARS
says it can be self-propelled, which I suppose is supposed to mean that you don't have to pedal it, though it's not clear on that.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/28/00101.htm&Title=28&DocType=ARS
gives this definition of "bicycle"
6. "Bicycle" means a device, including a racing wheelchair, that is propelled by human power and on which a person may ride and that has either:

(a) Two tandem wheels, either of which is more than sixteen inches in diameter.

(b) Three wheels in contact with the ground, any of which is more than sixteen inches in diameter.

So, it doesnt' have to have pedals. You could propel it by kicking your feet on the ground or by hand or blowing really really hard while facing backward and it would still count as "propelled by human power". :lol:

Yep, does not say powered by human power and has pedals.

The has pedals requirement in many states laws is dumb. Lots of non pedal ways to propel a human powered vehicle. But I'm not so sure the Fred Flintstone method really qualifies. Usually laws want to regulate where skating can happen, so push scooters and skateboards can be kept off multi use trails or park sidewalks.

Honestly, I consider that dumb too. Just ban hooligans, whatever vehicle they are on.

Back