Hello all! I am back!

mr_exon

10 W
Well it’s been 10 years and I need to start over again... reason I left for so long was I got into motor sports and dammit I went from 12 hobbies down to one hobby one car! ALL invested!

Tired of that life, I want to get back into EV!

Some know me(if so please say hello)
Some don’t, my thing was EV pocket bikes! Got into hub bike builds in my last couple years in this. I also at the beginning of YouTube, was one of the highest searched and watched channel! Good oL times!

I will be back daily, please chat me up

It’s in the works.... getting rid of my race car and need something else to blow my money on(hobby) LOL why not finally build a 2hp 60 mph pocket bike like I was attempting ten years ago!!!! Only was 8mph off of my goal, so with current tech and li power, I should be able now to spin a 13” tire fast enough.

Stay tuned!

So small update.... the race car is being sold this week and will be using the funds for a smart car, other then the transmission issues the have, sounds like a car that will help keep money in the bank and not tossing wads of cash at my other cars that at best get 8mpg... minus the Audi Etron, has to be my favorite car in my stable(I just don’t like puting miles on it)

As for the smart car, should get 60mpg and it has enough room to pack test gear and a pocket bike in the back. So most likely in six months time I should have saved enough to make a fully funded attemp at a lithium high power 2 speed(Rc car style trans) 60+ mph over built electric that would smoke the highest end Italian pocket bike ever made!

I know lithium power still is heavy as lead but the power dump you can get with them is amazing! As for the motor, going with the Etek style with a 1” shaft so I can use a gas engine clutch on it(no not going to re gen I know) first attemp will be a big torque converter(like a snowmobile one) and if that don’t work well I will make another chassis that will have the motor pushed further forward and then make the 2 speed set up.

As for a controller, I will go with a 360amp unit or around that number(etek motors like to suck from a big straw)

As for range, I am hoping to make this run 10 minutes, distance does not matter, if I can get it to go 20 minutes then I will be fully ready for A main events against gas!

I used to drive the Smart cars that Car2Go has in Calgary, Alberta. I am 6'5" and 300lbs'ish :wink: and if I place the seat all the way back, and tilt the seat all the way back I actually fit in the thing. Everyone laughs but those Smart cars are nifty asfuck! Other cars would get stuck on a very short uphill on ice, and all the Smart cars were getting up. There was a bar over-looking the events and everyone was looking. They are gutless but they do sip the gas. They are rear wheel drive, can also get them in diesel and electric I think. There was a real estate agent who would park a wrapped Smart car out front of the homes he really needed to sell, interesting technique for sales. Sidenote to that, as advertising goes, a new gum had 8 really small trailers all hooked up together, he would park
on side roads facing major roads. It did not last long. Another has 1/4 ton trucks like Ford Rangers, with a trailer, and a shed...a shed building business.

Not sure how the Smart car would hold up in a car accident, especially with a truck.

mr_exon said:
smart car

markz said:
I used to drive the Smart cars that Car2Go has in Calgary, Alberta. I am 6'5" and 300lbs'ish :wink: and if I place the seat all the way back, and tilt the seat all the way back I actually fit in the thing. Everyone laughs but those Smart cars are nifty asfuck! Other cars would get stuck on a very short uphill on ice, and all the Smart cars were getting up. There was a bar over-looking the events and everyone was looking. They are gutless but they do sip the gas. They are rear wheel drive, can also get them in diesel and electric I think. There was a real estate agent who would park a wrapped Smart car out front of the homes he really needed to sell, interesting technique for sales. Sidenote to that, as advertising goes, a new gum had 8 really small trailers all hooked up together, he would park
on side roads facing major roads. It did not last long. Another has 1/4 ton trucks like Ford Rangers, with a trailer, and a shed...a shed building business.

Not sure how the Smart car would hold up in a car accident, especially with a truck.

mr_exon said:
smart car

Not getting it for safety, just want something I need to only toss 8 gallons in a month LOL

mr_exon said:
Not getting it for safety, just want something I need to only toss 8 gallons in a month LOL

This would be only 1 gallon a month ;)
Vespa with a trailer!
http://members.modernvespa.net/davebiker/uploads/2013_04_13_104321_75940.jpg

This must be a beer cooler, chilled beverages for the road!
http://cdn.instructables.com/FQK/4I17/HH2VN4TG/FQK4I17HH2VN4TG.LARGE.jpg

LOL a Vespa don’t have heated seats and duel zone AC LOL.... I got to admit, the radio reminds me of a repair shop truck with it only having two 5” speakers in the doors for all the sound... it’s so tiny sounding even with bass to the max and treble all the way down LOL

Later I will start up on my frame plans on the bike or I may just post up The original plans for the 60mph pr1500(now will be PR12000 hehe)

Any one know of the advancement made in capacitor style batteries since 2008??? I am behind the times(prolly will be the only way I will spool the 300amps in a small package!

Back