bluetooth BMS?

EbikeAus said:
eee291 said:
you could try a few things.
- try different version of the App
- connect with other devices. Android or even better, IPhone.
- disconnect all other devices from that box and use only the battery with BMS
- try other Bluetooth module
- check/post all app settings on here

Thanks for the reply! I will do that.

I tried another variation of the app (see below)

https://imgur.com/a/ISwqPDl

At least this one shows charging but only has one screen with limited data. No individual cell voltage, which I like to have. (See below)

https://imgur.com/a/hqdoqpC

https://imgur.com/a/ZQOWS5K

I will do some more tests as you suggested.

You can swipe from the left, look for the cell voltages tab
and since it's not crashing while charging now that pretty much leaves just your phone I guess
could be fixed in the next update or not :confused:

eee291 said:
EbikeAus said:
eee291 said:
you could try a few things.
- try different version of the App
- connect with other devices. Android or even better, IPhone.
- disconnect all other devices from that box and use only the battery with BMS
- try other Bluetooth module
- check/post all app settings on here

Thanks for the reply! I will do that.

I tried another variation of the app (see below)

https://imgur.com/a/ISwqPDl

At least this one shows charging but only has one screen with limited data. No individual cell voltage, which I like to have. (See below)

https://imgur.com/a/hqdoqpC

https://imgur.com/a/ZQOWS5K

I will do some more tests as you suggested.

You can swipe from the left, look for the cell voltages tab
and since it's not crashing while charging now that pretty much leaves just your phone I guess
could be fixed in the next update or not :confused:

No, there is no individual cell voltage when you swipe left with this version. As I said there is a single page of data.
My phone is a fairly current Samsung galaxy with latest updates, so don't think that's it either. 😕

EbikeAus said:
No, there is no individual cell voltage when you swipe left with this version. As I said there is a single page of data.
I'm running V3.1.1013. I would imagine similar to your version V3.1.1014.

There's a menu button on the top left. click that. Then select "Battery state". Then select "battery voltage".
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

serious_sam said:
EbikeAus said:
I'm running V3.1.1013. I would imagine similar to your version V3.1.1014.

There's a menu button on the top left. click that. Then select "Battery state". Then select "battery voltage".
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Similar but not the same.

There is no further data from front screen

https://imgur.com/a/Xng7aRY

The one I was using has that data but freezes when any charge is applied.

Do you have a link to the one you're using please?

serious_sam said:
EbikeAus said:
Do you have a link to the one you're using please?

After you download it, remove the .txt extension.

Thanks for the link but...
I'm not so tech savvy.
What do you mean remove txt extension?

After you download the file to your phone, you need to rename it and delete the .txt off the end. Then it will have .apk at the end, and you can run it on the phone which will install it. You may also have to enable "install unknown apps" in the \\settings\apps\advanced\special app access menu.

serious_sam said:
After you download the file to your phone, you need to rename it and delete the .txt off the end. Then it will have .apk at the end, and you can run it on the phone which will install it. You may also have to enable "install unknown apps" in the \\settings\apps\advanced\special app access menu.

Thanks, I have not had any luck yet will keep trying.
Meanwhile if anyone else has a more straightforward link to this version of software could you please share ✌

hi
I have an ANT BMS 24s mounted, all works well, however, I have no luck connecting the "(8) Meter: Copy signal of hall sensors" from my Kelly KLS96601-8080i to the BMS-Display.

I soldered a cable to the back of the Display-Board and connected it to the Kelly Pin8.
EDIT:
found this pic, so it seems I have the correct pin
Smart-Display-Hall Anschluss.jpg
welded a new cable, still no speed
ANT_BMS_HallConnector.jpg

might it be the wrong Hall connector from my Kelly? I definitely connected it to PIN8, but may it need the signal from the spare hall sensors?
a bit frustrated..

Dishwashertaco said:
Greetings guys,
Just started having issues with my 14S7P battery with a JBD SP15S001 v.1.6 BMS (60A v.).

Hi, Not sure if it is too late but...

I have the same board, The resistor is 301(300Ω).
It's common for chinese manufactures to put a resistor in series with the Linear Regulator to share the load.
That Linear regulator supply's 3.3v to the microcontroller.
As the resistor drops the voltage by dissipating the power as heat, I would suspect that the silicone wire has insulated the resistor causing it to over heat.
These resistors are pushed quite hard in this configuration(see, every cheep bldc controller) and the little insulation might have been the tipping point.
Hope this helps.

alestoroz said:
To my knowledge, there is no firmware version requirement to use the different JBDtools.

Over 1.1, 1.A has several improvements:

- ability to put the chip in sleep mode, for long-term storage of the battery
- more life counters
- config password protection
- ability to change/reset bluetooth PIN
- it "should" be multilanguage :mrgreen:

The official 1.A interface is a mix of taiwanese chinese and chinglish.. plus fonts and metrics of window objects are garbage.

As I don't have access to original code, I modded program resources and Hex-edited it.

Hi Alestoroz, I have read your post:
It seems that by setting the password somewhere with the PC connection, then it is asked by the Bluethoot. Also there seems to be a way to put something by default so that bluethoot doesn't ask for the password.
I would need your help on how to set or configure the password/protection and - ability to change/reset bluetooth PIN.
I'm going crazy, it's frustrating to figure out how to set up BMS with the JBDTools, where there is no description. There are all question marks on the program, which is now at version 1D.
I thank you so much for your help.

Since so many of you had bad experience with controlling BMS by bluetooth I would like to take more conventional approach and use connection to PC, by UART communication box. Question is: Is the 4 pin white socket on the side of the board for this purpose? So far was able to find that one of the pins is ground. Board on second pictures was so far slightly modified by 2 brass connectors for attachment heavy cables without soldering them to the board directly.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• BMS Controller..PNG
    BMS Controller..PNG
    388.7 KB · Views: 1,527
  • IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 1,527
I have my ANT bluetooth bms App installed on an old phone with android 4.1.2. It is working properly except some characters may overlapped when the screen is in portrait. Recently, I got a newer phone (LG K4, but still old with android 5.1.1). It has a slightly larger screen and so I would like to try installing the App in it. But I could not install or save it to the phone. I have already set the security setting to allow installation of apps from sources other than Google Play Store. Can somebody kindly help on this?Screenshot_2021-04-16-12-41-27.png[/img]Screenshot_2021-04-17-05-21-50.pngScreenshot_2021-04-17-05-21-58.pngScreenshot_2021-04-17-05-22-01.png

My BMS is doing the same thing. As soon has they start balancing, I practically lose any way to communicate with the BMS. When only charging (no balancing), I can connect fine. Android latest app on two different phone. Also when balancing they randomly ask for password after fews secs (5-7). When only charging without balancing or no charging at all, everything work fine.
Sometime I can connect when balancing but every is sluggish, I can barely read or write any configurations then eventually it just lose connection and crash

Koontzy said:
My BMS is doing the same thing. As soon has they start balancing, I practically lose any way to communicate with the BMS. When only charging (no balancing), I can connect fine. Android latest app on two different phone. Also when balancing they randomly ask for password after fews secs (5-7). When only charging without balancing or no charging at all, everything work fine.
Sometime I can connect when balancing but every is sluggish, I can barely read or write any configurations then eventually it just lose connection and crash
Have you tried one of the older versions of the app, or via the PC cable ?

Koontzy said:

check the bms board. its probably a fake one.

flippy said:
Koontzy said:

check the bms board. its probably a fake one.

The board have a big sticker from lithiumbatterypcb on it so it may be fake but I'll be surprised if it is ;)

bms.jpg

I am having issues setting this bms up. My main issue is with balancing. I have 2 packs, 16S 60ah and 20s 21ah. I have left it on a charger for a week and it did not balance the pack. My upper voltage is set to 4.13 so now after a week the high cell is at 4.13 and the low is at 4.07.
What settings should i input for balancing, like start balancing?
Attached the week balancing difference on the 2 packs
Screenshot_20210503-120907.png

Screenshot_20210503-120827.png

Screenshot_20210502-154414.png

Screenshot_20210502-154315.png

Perhaps this equates to fully balanced? My setting is to balance within 0.03V, i think default

Yes those are all within 0.03V aren't they

You can try for a lower delta but likely will hit the accuracy limits and just cause unnecessary wear to little benefit.

dont go below 0.05V. below that they tend to start messing up. the black units with active balacing can go lower to 0.005 because they have better components.

Set balance voltage 4,051в precission 0.002v. Save settings and then turn Static balance..... and wait few days...... :wink:

Stupidly high precision, total waste of time and excessive wear on components.

And bad for cells to sit at high SoC% that long

Really best to forget top balancing completely, do it at the bottom, or mid point as they are delivered.

Back