1 on 1 E-BIKE HELPERS!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deonaldi

1 mW
Now in these days, I have been noticing more and more people starting to convert to e-bikes. As more will convert there bikes to E-bikes they're will be more people starting notice these wonderful machines. I myself never heard about an e-bike until a week ago. After recognizing the amount of potential an e-bike has, I am now trying to save up as much money as I can. But most importantly this site has helped me to relize how much work it can take to build e-bike and well... That makes me determine to build my own. I have done mostly a good amount of research on this site and I believe I can accomplish the task of building one, but as for another person it may not be so easy.

I'm creating this forum so others will be able to come here whenever they are building they're very own e-bike and ends up stuck in a certain part. Well.... You may ask "why don't they look in the forum to see if they can fix the problem or maybe post the picture".... Well it most times it helps but for others it may not. The Main Purpose for this forum is so you the Proffesors or the Techys of e-bikes will be able to reach out to those that need physical help in a motor or something like that. I know the main problem for me when it comes to everything is.. That I certainly would not be able to figure this part out just by reading at words.

So here is my plan for those that need serious or minor help on there E-bike.......If you are WILLING to HELP anyone that is in need of some manual 1 on 1 help with a certain something or maybe WILLING to do a Skype or FaceTime leave any type of information down below for the person to contact you. Now I know most of you care about your privacy so you got plenty of choices to give out your information for someone that needs help. #1 thing that you MUST post down below if you are signing up to help someone is "What State Are You Located In" if you want to go further into details put your city down below. The next step is the most likely the last step and that is how would you like to be contacted. If you care about privacy just put you USERNAME down below. If you don't mind to much about Privacy put you email or your phone # below. If you just want to do FaceTime or Skype only use this as an example::: (private way[Facetime or Skype: just your username]) ----> (Facetime or Skype: Deonaldi)///////(Non-Private[Facetime or Skype: your email or phone #]) ----> (Facetime or Skype: Deonaldi@hotmail.com). Also if you want to specify more detail on what times you want to be called or reached at, put M-Th 6-7pm EST. However you guys want to discuss where to meet or if you just want the Requester to pay for the gas, it all up to you guys in a private discussion.PLEASE don't hate me for posting this, I just want to help those that sometimes need a physical helping Hand... Like me :D THANK YOU!

Deonaldi said:
Now in these days, I have been noticing more and more people starting to convert to e-bikes. As more will convert there bikes to E-bikes they're will be more people starting notice these wonderful machines. I myself never heard about an e-bike until a week ago. After recognizing the amount of potential an e-bike has, I am now trying to save up as much money as I can. But most importantly this site has helped me to relize how much work it can take to build e-bike and well... That makes me determine to build my own. I have done mostly a good amount of research on this site and I believe I can accomplish the task of building one, but as for another person it may not be so easy.

I'm creating this forum so others will be able to come over here whenever they are building they're very own e-bike and ends up stuck in a certain part. Well.... You may ask "why don't they look in the forum to see if they can fix the problem or maybe post the picture".... Well it most times it helps but for others it may not. The Main Purpose for this forum is so you the Proffesors or the Techys of e-bikes will be able to reach out to those that need physical help in a motor or something like that. I know the main problem for me when it comes to everything is.. That I certainly would not be able to figure this part out just by reading at words.

So here is my plan for those that need serious or minor help on there E-bike.......If you are WILLING to HELP anyone that is in need of some manual 1 on 1 help with a certain something or maybe WILLING to do a Skype or FaceTime leave any type of information down below for the person to contact you. Now I know most of you care about your privacy so you got plenty of choices to give out your information for someone that needs help. #1 thing that you MUST post down below if you are signing up to help someone is "What State Are You Located In" if you want to go further into details put your city down below. The next step is the most likely the last step and that is how would you like to be contacted. If you care about privacy just put you USERNAME down below. If you don't mind to much about Privacy put you email or your phone # below. If you just want to do FaceTime or Skype only use this as an example::: (private way[Facetime or Skype: just your username]) ----> (Facetime or Skype: Deonaldi)///////(Non-Private[Facetime or Skype: your email or phone #]) ----> (Facetime or Skype: Deonaldi@hotmail.com). Also if you want to specify more detail on what times you want to be called or reached at, put M-Th 6-7pm EST. However you guys want to discuss where to meet or if you just want the Requester to pay for the gas, it all up to you guys in a private discussion.PLEASE don't hate me for posting this, I just want to help those that sometimes need a physical helping Hand... Like me :D THANK YOU!

We could start by adding your location to your profile. This is the #1 tip from now on. How's that?

this is just crazy, you just heard of ebikes a week ago and now you want people to post their phone number so you can call them whenever you have an ebike question? :roll:

mud2005 said:
this is just crazy, you just heard of ebikes a week ago and now you want people to post their phone number so you can call them whenever you have an ebike question? :roll:

We did this a very long time ago in car forums, prior to the Fast and Furious days. People knew each other, trusted each other, and you'd have the phone number of almost every member in your area. I even ran a car modding day, where myself and 2 other guys who were pretty good mechanics invited people to "book" a certain type of mod, and we'd do it for them free and other people could watch so they knew how to do it. We did everything from changing the exhaust manifold, to upgrading brakes, and replacing the suspension with a harder one.

But I think those times are over. The internet is not as safe as it used to be, and most people want to remain mostly private.

Deonaldi,

First off, some well-meant advice, with a reality check for you.

Where are you on the planet?

The country you are in is very important. This forum is very widely multi-national (it's Canadian owned but globally managed and has members from dozens of countries, many of whom are not native English speakers). There are big cultural differences across the membership because of this, and very big differences in the way that members here view issues like privacy and personal safety on line. For example, there is no way that I am going to give out any more personal data than my rough location on the planet to anyone here, unless I happen to know enough about them to be sure its safe. Some members here live in seriously scary countries and would be a heck of a lot more cautious than me. Many won't go near services like Facebook, either, because of privacy issues.

The idea of one person collecting names, phone numbers of others etc is a bad one, in fact here in my country it would be illegal, it could be a breach of our data security laws. The same might well apply in other countries.

There is also the issue of you being a brand new member of ES, someone none of us know, who is asking us to give you personal information in your first few posts. Sorry, but this sounds very suspicious to me indeed.

Maybe after you've been around here for a year or so and people have gained trust in you then some near you might want to meet up, but I'd suggest to anyone planning a meet that they take sensible precautions beforehand.

I suggest you drop this idea of yours and just get on with getting to know members here that share a common interest for a while.

I don't know I believe I'm doing this just so future wise I build my bike I would be able to get some help, but after thinking about how much our world change, I quess your right. But I quess places in NYC, NJ and all of those are pretty safe if you ask me. I understand if you were in a foreign country like Singapore or Hong Kong you can't trust no one. I quess this plan is a frock up or maybe not. I also said you didn't have to give out phone numbers like crazy. If you read it just put your username, contact each other through Skype, if you feel like the guy or girl is a weirdo, block them. Skype has a blocking feature. This rule applies to those who want serious help because where I live there is no e-bike dealer for shit. I'm not putting my name up or address because I haven't built an e-bike and I'm still figuring out how to connect lipo so can be work well with this --->http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46068. If you guys believe this is a dum idea take a vote. In your own message to me type "no" if you want this post to go down. Type "yes" if you want this post to stay. By the end of the week on Thursday. 12 pm EST, I will count the votes and delete it if "no" get more votes. Does it seem like a plan. I will be 100% honest and I know the admins will be watching if I'm truthful.
Location I can travel to.
Swedesboro, Nj.. Aunt and Uncle come there to visit 2 a month
Queens, NY... Pop house on weekends
River head,Ny location where I live.

If you hang around the board a while you will find out that you don't really need to plan out in advance for help.

When you need it as long as it seems like you did your due diligence in trying to find the answer people will help you.

it's what this board is all about pretty much sharing and helping.. You just need to do your part is all.

Welcome to the board.

Just relax and soak what this forum puts out young Paduwan 8) . This place gets enough information traffic and tidbits to keep every level of tinkerer interested. Absorb the fruits of others' labors and copy them. Some things you don't even have to copy, as they are a legitimate small business in a niche market, so you can just buy their item.

Deonaldi said:
Upstate NJ. ... But I quess places in NYC, NJ and all of those are pretty safe if you ask me.
Another reality check and no offense intended but many areas of NYC & NJ are far from safe and have a good deal of scammers and the like. I am a lifetime NY MEtro area resident and currently reside in Central NJ - not far from you.
I'm sure you are not a trouble maker & have good intentions but believe most folks like the anonymity and safety provided by connecting on a forum - answering/addressing questions that you choose to, at one's own leisure... Heck, I don't even like to speak to my family on the phone, let alone someone on an Ebike forum, lol.

Deonaldi said:
I don't know I believe I'm doing this just so future wise I build my bike I would be able to get some help, but after thinking about how much our world change, I quess your right. But I quess places in NYC, NJ and all of those are pretty safe if you ask me. I understand if you were in a foreign country like Singapore or Hong Kong you can't trust no one. I quess this plan is a frock up or maybe not. I also said you didn't have to give out phone numbers like crazy. If you read it just put your username, contact each other through Skype, if you feel like the guy or girl is a weirdo, block them. Skype has a blocking feature. This rule applies to those who want serious help because where I live there is no e-bike dealer for shit. I'm not putting my name up or address because I haven't built an e-bike and I'm still figuring out how to connect lipo so can be work well with this --->http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46068. If you guys believe this is a dum idea take a vote. In your own message to me type "no" if you want this post to go down. Type "yes" if you want this post to stay. By the end of the week on Thursday. 12 pm EST, I will count the votes and delete it if "no" get more votes. Does it seem like a plan. I will be 100% honest and I know the admins will be watching if I'm truthful.

Sorry, but you are coming across as a bit of an arrogant American here, talking down to the many, many members here who don't hail from the USA with talk of "foreign countries" as if you were not in a foreign country yourself. This forum is NOT American, it is global and multinational (the "Sphere" in the forum name is a sort of clue).

You are also still assuming that those of us thousands of miles away know and understand your abbreviations, and are arrogant enough to not bother putting your country in your profile.

I would very strongly suggest that you stop asking people to give you personal contact data, especially as a few of us have already indicated that this is neither welcome or sensible.

Finally, just for the record, we have valued and well respected members here from Singapore and China, I think you may owe them an apology.

From my view I see that many of you don't like this idea so I will take this post down. I was only tryn to help, but it looks like this was just another way of a terrible idea. I quess you guys are completely right. But don't forget we could always post another forum that is exactly the same but only applies to SKYPE users. Because Skype is universal, can be on phone, mobile device, iPad, galaxy's, u name it Skype is there. Second you can cover your face up, if you like. Last you can block the guy if you feel your uncomfortable about it. How does that plan sound like. Is it good or not???

Jeremy Harris said:
Deonaldi said:

Sorry, but you are coming across as a bit of an arrogant American here, talking down to the many, many members here who don't hail from the USA with talk of "foreign countries" as if you were not in a foreign country yourself. This forum is NOT American, it is global and multinational (the "Sphere" in the forum name is a sort of clue).

You are also still assuming that those of us thousands of miles away know and understand your abbreviations, and are arrogant enough to not bother putting your country in your profile.

I would very strongly suggest that you stop asking people to give you personal contact data, especially as a few of us have already indicated that this is neither welcome or sensible.

Finally, just for the record, we have valued and well respected members here from Singapore and China, I think you may owe them an apology.

Wow that pretty harsh, I said I'm going to tell the admin to take it down so don't go crazy about it. And yes I do understand that most of these member are from different countries but I said foreign because if you look at the topic title it only say USA. If it said WORLD then I wouldn't have said foreign. IAM mostly assuming that everyone in this POST is most likely American not from another nation. But people from other countries are more than welcome to join the conversation so don't assume I'm a dick, or an ashore that still think America is #1 because I KNOW it isn't.

Deonaldi said:
Wow that pretty harsh, I said I'm going to tell the admin to take it down so don't go crazy about it. And yes I do understand that most of these member are from different countries but I said foreign because if you look at the topic title it only say USA. If it said WORLD then I wouldn't have said foreign. IAM mostly assuming that everyone in this POST is most likely American not from another nation. But people from other countries are more than welcome to join the conversation so don't assume I'm a dick, or an ashore that still think America is #1 because I KNOW it isn't.

First off, the topic title reads, quote: "1 on 1 E-BIKE Helpers", with no mention of a specific country or region.

The first four replies you received in this thread came from 2 Americans, an Australian and Brit. We don't have country-specific areas on this forum, TBH we've never felt the need for them.

If you want, I can take this thread down for you, but TBH I'd rather you just settled in here and tried to get to know us.

o_O I quess I put it to that..... Well I frocked up. Lol I sware to god that I put U.S.A at first, but my battery died and I quess I changed the name. Woops well sorry. Well I already talked to another admin about this. So sorry to others if I have affended them in any way. I'm a really nice guy but I don't like when people jerk me off in a harsh way. Umm ya but don't worry about it and I wish if we end this conversation right now and just wait for the other admin to come in and delete this. I have talked to him about this and I want to talk to him about something else dealing with this certain topic. You could do me the favor of blocking and future post coming in but just don't delete this, because I have to reference this so the next forum could be better revised while not intruding others privacy and wouldn't give many mix feeling about it.

Ohh and sorry for being mean to you, I know that your doing your job of protecting your site and members. :D

Deonaldi said:
Ohh and sorry for being mean to you, I know that your doing your job of protecting your site and members. :D

That's OK, it's not my site at all, it's owned by Justin. I'm just one of the fairly long standing members here who helps out a small bit. We're a pretty mixed bunch, but we seem to rub along with each other OK. I guess like all forums, we've sort of developed a culture here that we sort of like, and we try and protect it. Sorry if I came across as being a bit harsh earlier.

A course of action, that I followed, to a very good result:
1> use the forum extensively for research; ALL questions for first time ebikers have already been answered, multiple times with different perspectives on what's best
2> decide on how much you want to spend, and most importantly what your actual travel criteria are
3> use your research to narrow the scope of your project to what will work best for you
4> commit to parts & supply manufacturers on the basis of the above
5> buy stuff you need; recycle what you can; get used part where available here, on ebay and elsewhere
6> start your build
7> when you run into problems, post questions and PM people who have the right answers, if necessary, for individualized help
8> on the basis of established trust, enter into other forms of help (cooperative purchasing, for instance) with members of the forum; exchange email, address & phone numbers confidentially with those folks
9> acknowledge the help you get with expressions of appreciation
10> finish your build, post some pictures and go enjoy your new ride

wtf is this ?....

locked.

edit : The whole point of this forum is to share publicly and for free, if you have a question, ask it, if someone knows the answer they can provide as much detail as they have time available... and it's all open discussion so that if someone's opinion is wron, or unclear, it can be.. discussed.... ie : discussion forum.

1 on 1 skype stuff, has nothing to do with this forum and what we have built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back