100 mile ebike @ 30mph constant on flats without headwind?

ddk said:
my ride today with little wind and less than 4% grades:
30 miles@20-25 MPH using 5.1AH from a 15AH 36V pack starting @42V ending @38.5V
On My Trike(TM) -a semi-recumbent tricycle with no fairing and a large-enough chainring to always pedal-assist.

add some wind and some greater-than-4% grades and 30 miles would likely have used most the pack.
BTW bridges in N.CA suck for biking :p

If you went from 42v to 38.5v it seems like you used a lot more than 5.1ah out of 15ah. If lipo, that's about 66% depleted. If lifepo4, that's probably 75% depleted.

veloman said:
ddk said:
my ride today with little wind and less than 4% grades:
30 miles@20-25 MPH using 5.1AH from a 15AH 36V pack starting @42V ending @38.5V
On My Trike(TM) -a semi-recumbent tricycle with no fairing and a large-enough chainring to always pedal-assist.

add some wind and some greater-than-4% grades and 30 miles would likely have used most the pack.
BTW bridges in N.CA suck for biking :p

If you went from 42v to 38.5v it seems like you used a lot more than 5.1ah out of 15ah. If lipo, that's about 66% depleted. If lifepo4, that's probably 75% depleted.
typo
39.5 volts
oops :oops:
it's what my charger said it replaced, as I've no method to check usage otherwise.
and it's LiPo, not lifepo4
however, bridges in N CA still suck for biking.

Its plausible on lipo much of the voltage above 4.0 is surface charge maybe 15-20% is capacity. I nominally sits at 3.85- 3.9 at half discharge. If this was a 10s pack the values would be somewhat correct but at that speed it is plausible to get 5m per AH.

icecube57 said:
Its plausible on lipo much of the voltage above 4.2 is surface charge maybe 15-20% is capacity. I nominally sits at 3.85- 3.9 at half discharge. If this was a 10s pack the values would be somewhat correct but at that speed it is plausible to get 5m per AH.
I also forgot to mention I always pedal 100% of the time. (because I always pedal 100% of the time)
did I mention bridges in N CA suck for biking?

ddk said:
icecube57 said:
Its plausible on lipo much of the voltage above 4.2 is surface charge maybe 15-20% is capacity. I nominally sits at 3.85- 3.9 at half discharge. If this was a 10s pack the values would be somewhat correct but at that speed it is plausible to get 5m per AH.
I also forgot to mention I always pedal 100% of the time. (because I always pedal 100% of the time)
did I mention bridges in N CA suck for biking?

As do I mate.. As do I.

Back