• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

120km/hr pedal assist recumbent!

Timbo

10 W
On the last episode of the New Inventors (October 1) this school project was given a 2.5 minute slot. Check out the episode from this link - http://www.abc.net.au/iview/default2.htm?seriesId=2173304 - and fast forward to the 16 minute mark. Amazing :shock:

Next week there's a special on the future of transport - should be interesting....

Due to copyright reasons this video program is available for download by people located in Australia only. If you are not located in Australia, you are not authorised to view this video.

If you ARE located in Australia and feel an error has been made we would appreciate your help with improving this service. Please provide your details below to help us resolve the problem.

Disclaimer: Note that IP addresses are captured to assist with problem resolution. The ABC will only use the information you supply to improve our services and for statistical analysis of audiences only. We will not use your details for other purposes. (A copy of our privacy policy can be viewed here.)

Only available in Austalia, bummer!

Johnbear said:
If you ARE located in Australia and feel an error has been made we would appreciate your help with improving this service.

!

Can't help much for the video, there are alot of New Inventor videos on YouTube unfortunately not this one... I did find the home page for the trike, it belongs to Damascus College (high School) The trike is called the Illumenator and is electric assisted bike...details can be found here

Johnbear said:
Due to copyright reasons this video program is available for download by people located in Australia only. If you are not located in Australia, you are not authorised to view this video.

If you ARE located in Australia and feel an error has been made we would appreciate your help with improving this service. Please provide your details below to help us resolve the problem.

Disclaimer: Note that IP addresses are captured to assist with problem resolution. The ABC will only use the information you supply to improve our services and for statistical analysis of audiences only. We will not use your details for other purposes. (A copy of our privacy policy can be viewed here.)

Only available in Austalia, bummer!

:lol:

Oh well, there's still one sixth of the forum members that are from Australia that could experience this. :roll:

I'll see if I can dig up a download link that's not region-restricted.

This widespread adoption of region restrictions is a huge PITA and a illogical departure from the universal access the internet can provide.

uhhhhh... so how do you download it?

I assume it requires membership which well... sucks. Is there someone kind enough to upload it to Youtube when they're done downloading it and send the link? Yeah... it'd take some editing to get it under what I believe is YouTube's 10 minute show limit for "non-directors"(i.e., non-paying youtube members).

EDIT:

Nevermind, I see the "Enter the code" box and the download button. Now, just 45 seconds to go.

EDIT EDIT:

It wants to open an online video player(along with whatever other software.), a program in other words, which I have a policy of not doing(even on my own computer, but even moreso on someone else's. ;) )

swbluto said:
It wants to open an online video player(along with whatever other software.), a program in other words, which I have a policy of not doing(even on my own computer, but even moreso on someone else's. ;) )

That's an issue with your browser settings. Override any "play in browser" or "launch player" settings in your browser and choose to download direct to hard disk.

i just watched it. Wow it goes sooo fast! who needs electric bikes wen you can pedal this fast with those aerodynamic stuff lol.

That looks so fun. Someone should build one.

AussieJester said:
Johnbear said:
If you ARE located in Australia and feel an error has been made we would appreciate your help with improving this service.

!

Can't help much for the video, there are alot of New Inventor videos on YouTube unfortunately not this one... I did find the home page for the trike, it belongs to Damascus College (high School) The trike is called the Illumenator and is electric assisted bike...details can be found here

Thanks for the link! I was wondering which college it was. I wish they'd had cool stuff like this when I was at high school!

Recumbents are death traps. You triple your risk of being killed downunder by riding one as motorists here cant see them. "Bicycle Blindness" big time.

Ride one at 100k in traffic around here and it will be your last ride.

Actually recumbent bikes are more visible than regularbikes because they are so odd looking, they give you wide lee-way and extra considerations.

The hight of my bike is same as automobile driver sitting in car seat. eye-to-eye.

edit: for late nite posting comment i regretted the day after.

recumbent said:
Some girls diddle themselves and throw their panties out the window at you, but that's recumbent riders only :)

ROFLMAO...you WISH Matt hehehe... I cant see why the recumbents like yours would be anymore at risk, the veeeery low recumbent s like the tadpole trikes maybe so, but then most of these fellas have the flags which stand out like the proverbial dogs balls... You would have to be half blind and one eyed to miss the one in the video...

It's a cool idea and I'd love to build one, but I'm not a fan of the weight.

This thing would be what, 40kg? It'd be murder trying to take off on a hill.

Back