17" moped rim vs 19" moped rim???

rockstar195

100 W
The manufacture is offering a 17" and a 19" moped rim. What's the pro's and con's for each on performance on a 72v system? How does each size behave.

This will be for a commuter on roads.
I went through some of the other threads on this topic but there is just too much info to sift through!!

Any tips, hints, comments, insights are all welcomed!!!

They're pretty similar, I would choose whichever has the tires you think you want at the lowest price.

Personally I like 26"+ bike rims and tires. They're not as durable but they are lighter and stealthier, not to mention easier rolling over bumps.

BByC42p.jpg

bigger has its advantages: bigger contact patch, better on square-edged hits, etc. but also weighs more.

sometimes smaller is needed to get your desired "gearing". smaller wheel particularly advantageous w/ hubmotors

this bike has 17" moto rear and 26" bicycle front. may look funny from certain angles but rides great. this 17" knobby weighs just ~2000g. rim is only ~600g. probably difficult to find lightweight parts for 19"

I'm from the old school and I recommend 17 because the tires and with street drawing in 19 all or almost all are for off-street. And my recommendation is 2.75 up front and 3.00 back. This English is with a translator.

Back