24v controller cutting power at 25km/h

Pedrohlt

10 mW
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has a 250W ebike that cuts power everytime it reaches 25km/h and when it gets to ~21km/h it accelerates again to 25km/h. It's kind of a speed limit and to save battery I think. This ebike doesn't have throttle, it's just PAS controlled. He sent me its controller to try removing this limit and to install a throttle. It has this "LCD-861 meter"(http://www.elifebike.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2013-CX-GK7P.24BJR) to show battery capacity, speed etc and I think this meter is that limits the speed, but I'm not sure and I don't have his bike here to test. The controller is 24v 250w and it's written "JANTEL" on the top and JTLK1801 on the board, but I couldn't find any info about it.

Thats the bike

controller
20151211_025927(2).jpg

20151211_025829(2).jpg

20151211_025855(2).jpg

20151211_025912(2).jpg

this LCD-861 meter goes to a 5 wire connector on the controller. Probably 2 wires for power +-, one is hall sensor for speed, one after shunt for current sense and the last one may send data to the controller to program PAS and limit the speed.

So, does anyone knows something about this setup and how can I disable the speed limit? And to install the throttle, i just need to connect it to the same connector that the PAS sensor goes, right?

Thanks!

Don't know anything about his controller/display, but the easiest thing to do would be just to replace the controller with a 36V or 48V one. With or without a display.

Yes, I said that to him, but he wants to use the original controller.

Hiya,

according to google, and subsequently Alibaba, 'Jantel' is a Chinese brand. The place of origin of this controller is possibly: Chongqing, China (Mainland)

The wisest thing to do would be to buy a new controller, this time with good documentation and support. The second course of action in my opinion is to track down the manufacturer and contact it directly to request some meaningful documentation. Good luck with that. Without any kind of documentation, reverse engineering this controller looks like a nightmare to me, which is even worse.

The odds that someone in the western part of the world understood how this thing works are extremely thin but not null so someone might still read this thread and provide you with a solution other than forking out the money for another product. Until then, you may tell your friend that cheap Chinese products almost always come with this hidden price tag...
sorry about that.

t

Back