28,000 watt Motoped with 3kwh of nano-tech

Once again : Amazing build !!! :D
What controller are you using ? How did you acheive synchro between them ?

Absolutely stellar manufacturing!
Looks like it could have came right from the factory floor :D

Have you thought about covering the open motor space? A nice grill plate would probably keep those nice body panel angles and still have visibility of the motor.

Did you do anything special to that charger to reduce vibration or anything?

r3volved said:
Absolutely stellar manufacturing!
Looks like it could have came right from the factory floor :D

Have you thought about covering the open motor space? A nice grill plate would probably keep those nice body panel angles and still have visibility of the motor.

Did you do anything special to that charger to reduce vibration or anything?
Very good questions. Yes, and yes.

I am considering using perforated metal sheets as protective covers on each side of the bike. We shall see.

The charger is mounted in a floating mount using thick adhesive backed felt on top and bottom.

I am very pleased with the finished look of the bike. I have alot of time in it to achieve that look. Most of my bikes have a Frankenstein look to them (which I really like). I wanted this one to be different.

This thing definitely needs Delta/Why switching. It also needs a torque limiter. Right now I does not have one because of the large diameter jackshaft it has. However, I think I need to set it up with one. The hit is absolutely violent. A torque limiter would soften that a touch.

Matt

Have you played with delta/wye switching on single motors? We have a motor at work that does a wye start/delta run set up. Ive often wondered if something like that could be wired to the amps to the motor.

m4s73r said:
Have you played with delta/wye switching on single motors? We have a motor at work that does a wye start/delta run set up. Ive often wondered if something like that could be wired to the amps to the motor.
No. However, Outrider is doing that very thing.

Matt

Well at least its good to know that it can be done. Sadly, I dont think they sell part anymore, or at least they dont have a site that i can find. I have a KMX, just saving the money up to get a set up from you.

m4s73r said:
Well at least its good to know that it can be done. Sadly, I dont think they sell part anymore, or at least they dont have a site that i can find. I have a KMX, just saving the money up to get a set up from you.
I can get individual parts from them for you.

I have been riding around a bit. I love this thing. The power is mind bending for something with pedals.

Matt

m4s73r said:

Here is another thread about delta/wye switching on the fly for DD hubmotors.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25136

Matt, do you know if the delta/wye switching you are doing to your setup will work also for hubmotors?
Seems the threads I found is old so it looks like delta/wye switching on the fly for hub motors are of the past.

macribs said:
m4s73r said:

Here is another thread about delta/wye switching on the fly for DD hubmotors.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25136

Matt, do you know if the delta/wye switching you are doing to your setup will work also for hubmotors?
Seems the threads I found is old so it looks like delta/wye switching on the fly for hub motors are of the past.
I would assume it would work on hub motors.

Bear in mind, delta wye switching works on the fly, but not under load. You must release throttle, switch, then get back on the throttle. I have my switch mounted a bit too far to reach with my thumb while on the throttle. I have to roll off the throttle to reach the switch with my right thumb.

Matt

looks amazing. awesome work!
it seems like the throttle is a Magura 5k, but with different grip. may i ask from where you got it or what needs to be modified to fit other grips?

madin88 said:
looks amazing. awesome work!
it seems like the throttle is a Magura 5k, but with different grip. may i ask from where you got it or what needs to be modified to fit other grips?

Motorcycle grips are special in that the throttle side grip is thinner wall allowing for the larger diameter twist grip tube around the handlebar. So, just buy 7/8 inch motorcycle grips and you will be fine. One is small internal diameter and one is larger internal diameter. The larger ID is for the throttle grip and the smaller ID is the left side.

Matt

Thanks for the info Matt :)

Last October I had my first hard crash on a bicycle. A dog ran into me when I was going between 20-25 mph on my upright pedal roadbike. I broke my collarbone, and shoulder blade. Slammed the side of my helmet too. The styrofoam broke into three pieces, held together by the polyester shell. Remember the energy goes up as the square of the velocity. At 35-45 mph a bicycle helmet is not adequate.

Warren said:
Last October I had my first hard crash on a bicycle. A dog ran into me when I was going between 20-25 mph on my upright pedal roadbike. I broke my collarbone, and shoulder blade. Slammed the side of my helmet too. The styrofoam broke into three pieces, held together by the polyester shell. Remember the energy goes up as the square of the velocity. At 35-45 mph a bicycle helmet is not adequate.
Understood.

The issue I have is a motorcycle helmet says "Pull me over".

Matt

Well define "legal". If I stay under 20mph I could argue that it is legal. It already looks like a motorcycle though. I rarely take it on the road for fear of being pulled over.

Matt

Back