• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

3000w Electric Motor Kit - possible to attach a speedo??

IAmOrion

1 µW
Hi There,

Came across this forum whilst researching ebike stuff and questions.

I decided to give myself a little project and am converting a 50cc mini moto into an electric version.

I bought this kit from AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004983654767.html

Specifically the 3000w 72v kit (Listed as 72v3000w set 2). Controller wiring is as follows:

1718233063497.png

Although there is an additional single wire labeled "Display"

I was wondering if anyone knew of and could point me in the right direction of a Speedometer that I could hook up to this (in MPH) ??
I tried to use a cheap GPS HUD thing (tried a couple) but they just don't work. Is it even possible to connect something up?

Many thanks in advance

1718233249897.jpeg
(Still very much a WIP)

Hi There,

Came across this forum whilst researching ebike stuff and questions.

I decided to give myself a little project and am converting a 50cc mini moto into an electric version.

I bought this kit from AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004983654767.html

Specifically the 3000w 72v kit (Listed as 72v3000w set 2). Controller wiring is as follows:

View attachment 354573

Although there is an additional single wire labeled "Display"

I was wondering if anyone knew of and could point me in the right direction of a Speedometer that I could hook up to this (in MPH) ??
I tried to use a cheap GPS HUD thing (tried a couple) but they just don't work. Is it even possible to connect something up?

Many thanks in advance

View attachment 354574
(Still very much a WIP)
It is possible to find speedometers that are interfacable with your motor hall sensors. But maybe an easier approach could be to simply use a speed sensor from a bicycle. Thay are easy to source for cheap.

It is possible to find speedometers that are interfacable with your motor hall sensors. But maybe an easier approach could be to simply use a speed sensor from a bicycle. Thay are easy to source for cheap.
Ah interesting - ok, not exactly sure what I'm looking for but I'll have a search for push bike sensors and see what I can find, thanks

Back