3D printed parts Depository

Hummina Shadeeba said:
PLA works great for investment casting!
I've got a guy who teaches at the crucible here in Oakland who is going to do me two truck hangers with motor mounts I designed..in aluminum or possibly bronze. YouTube has a video of someone even using their microwave to melt the aluminum using some kinda shield for the aluminum so it doesn't get hit directly with microwaves. I might do it in bronze though, seeing how hard it'll be for me to get the aluminum heat treated. He's going to do it with the axle in so high heat the steel axle so the two metals have a similar shrink happening and not as likely to crack. But I've seen skate companies do it that way and it looks like they don't even heat the axle so should be ok

The teacher is excited about how PLA can revolutionize investment casting. Before making the pattern which then forms the mold was an arduous time consuming process but with printed pla...it's even environmentally pretty good. Carbon(soot) and co2

printing is great but design programs suck I quickly decided. I designed the pattern to be printed in clay and then scanned it. This way you can use shapes that aren't so machined looking and more organic. Next I want to make a hanger/mount out of my credit card and little erasers and stuff from the Japanese store

. If torque had had a plate that fit my motor 6 months ago I would've been long done here and saved a ton. But I didn't like any of the sold mounts much anyway and then get obsessed with trying the in the hub motor mount. Now that it's collapsing on itself I'm onto this. I like this. I'll make a couple and see if anyone wants one. Or maybe you could send me your printed pattern

I thought only nasa had that print in metal tech. Didn't know it was commercially available yet. Nice.

That has to be by far the most convoluted way of making a motor mount ever... Very interested to see the outcome

Here is the stingay mounted..

ScreenHunter_196 Nov. 18 16.26.jpg

ScreenHunter_197 Nov. 18 16.28.jpg

Spray painted the part in matte black which is the absolute coolest way to downplay erors and details

Beto: do you know where I can find a 42t HTD5 pulley model? There are two listed on SDP-SI, but downloading the CAD models give me pulleys that clearly aren't HTD.

There's also the parametric pulley on Thingiverse, but going from OpenSCAD to a usable Inventor model is basically impossible..

Brent So sorry to hear about your board.
If you are looking for a low cost (albeit slow) board setup look at my gargoyle... Other than Voodojar's alternatives that might be the cheapest board around, and will hold you til Vedder gets his ESC in gear.. also being a 4s board using an 8s capable motor all yuo would have to swap are your xt60 from a parallel current setup to a series current setup... Just saying.
I will look for another HTD5 42t pulley.. torque probably knows.. torque knows everything...

eBoard stolen :x

Try looking on SDP-SI under both Inch/Metric. Use a similar pulley and just remove the excess parts that you don't need. A few of their CAD's are messed up but I've always ended up just looking at a similar one and changing it around.

People where asking for Solidworks models. Here is a customizable Abec11 wheel mount I made up. Similar to Voodoojars, with some tweaks.

No here isn't a file. Damn you forum! :evil:
Wheel_Insert.SLDPRT => The extension sldprt is not allowed.

How can I get around that?

By sticking them in a .zip! :D

You find the wheel adapter in it as well as 2 different motor mounts. The "slim" one is meant for casting.

Edit: Getting files up...

Attachments

• Skateboard.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Send it as an attachment to my email. . And I will post it on my thingyverse page... and link it here...
That is how I posted my previous files
Any ideas for the parametric design of the 42 tooth gear Svenska?

Finally found a model of a 42t HTD5 pulley from Vex Pro: do you still want a 42t version of my insert? Sorry for the lateness, it's been a bit of a rough week.

brent said:
Finally found a model of a 42t HTD5 pulley from Vex Pro: do you still want a 42t version of my insert? Sorry for the lateness, it's been a bit of a rough week.

Yes of course.. I will discount the lateness from your salary :D

Thanks a bunch. !!!
Cant wait to try it out..

Hey svenska and Brent
May I post your files in my Thingiverse page? I will credit them to you of course.

@ beto_pty

please don't with my files. I will post them up there on my account in the near future.

Svenska said:
People where asking for Solidworks models. Here is a customizable Abec11 wheel mount I made up. Similar to Voodoojars, with some tweaks.

No here isn't a file. Damn you forum! :evil:
Wheel_Insert.SLDPRT => The extension sldprt is not allowed.

How can I get around that?

By sticking them in a .zip! :D

You find the wheel adapter in it as well as 2 different motor mounts. The "slim" one is meant for casting.

Edit: Getting files up...

How's the slim one meant for casting?

Why do you want to post the file?

Also... I can't seem to a closed geometry loop from the STEP file from Vex. Hmm...

Hi Brent and Svenska

Just wanted to post the files in thingiverse so that everyone had access to them. If you already have accounts with thingiverse Ill just like/collect them
No sweat..

Svenska is your wheel insert for original abecs or abec clones?

No problem Brent awesome effort thanks

Svenska I see you did the gear from scratch Im assuming it is htd5 ..
already rextruded it to 15 mm for my belts.. any chance you could resize for 36/42/48 teeth which is what i have seen here used?
I tried changing the diameters, and the angles but my Spolidwork skill are no where close to yours, and I have no idea how you are generating the tooth repetition.
I assumed if i took the external perimeter of the teeth..divided it by no of teeth, and then multiplied by 42 , andc did the same with the internal... the thing would self set.. but no dice there... and I could not find how you made the circular array for the teeth...

@ Hummina Shadeeba

I tried sandcasting that design. I pointed out that it is for casting more as a warning to not try and use the printed part. Way to flimsy.

@ beto_pty

It's for the original ones. Nice and tight fit. Might need some sanding, depending on how well your printer is setup.

I forgot to include the part with the "magic" sketch. I attach it to this post. Please change .txt to .SLDPRT.

How to work it:

There is some global variables in there. One is called teeth. Change that to your desired amount, rebuild. Then you have to copy paste the sketch into the other part and replace the previous sketch which was responsible for the gear. Fix up kinks and be happy?
If not happy, blame me... :mrgreen:

Attachments

• HTD_M5.txt
    428.5 KB · Views: 79
Awesome I will try it on Monday.. see whatbi can do...
Thanks

Awesome I will try it on Monday.. see whatbi can do...
Thanks

Hey guys, wanting to skip the 'wait for parts and model myself' phase, and hate to be a hater but will the models brent posted work for a 97mm abec flywheel?

The models he posted just seem to have a straight chamfer on them to fit the wheel, so it looks like they will fit, but might have issues with the fit/flex under power due to the small surface area and the movement it allows. I will be using a 48t pulley as well, so while I am fine modelling that up, just wondering how far it will need to be offset from the current pulley base if at all. I am assuming none, but just wanting to be sure before I send it off to be sls printed. The sls nylon should be stronger than what you guys use (sla printed abs, correct?)

I guess my perfect model would be a highly accurate 97mm flywheel that I can work off... I am happy to model the wheels once I get the parts for others to use, just hoping to get it running by the end of the year, so don't really want to wait for both wheel shipping then the printing and shipping of the gears during peak holiday/christmas season. So can anyone help? Cheers guys!

@ bandaro

mine are a very tight fit for the original ABEC11 flywheels in 83mm. By looking at pictures I think all of the flywheels got the same core. I got the Solidworks files in a post a bit further up.

Svenska said:
@ bandaro

mine are a very tight fit for the original ABEC11 flywheels in 83mm. By looking at pictures I think all of the flywheels got the same core. I got the Solidworks files in a post a bit further up.

Hi voodojars cores fit the original abec 98mms very well..
Brent's fit the abec clones very well...
Still working on svenska's gear.

I went into the equations editor.. changes the number from 13 to 42 and... nothing.. I died a little that instant..sob...sob :(
Actually the solution I have no doubt is obvious and just my lack of Solidworks..however given the relations on the equations page it would seem like the drawing should self regenerate to a working 42 tooth gear... including a correct OD and correct PD and correct teeth...
ScreenHunter_56 Nov. 25 10.27.jpg

ok.. just got a 42 toother to close...
lets see if i can mate it to brent's holder for the abec clone..
yup beautiful...delicous.... tasty... lets see if it prints out...

ScreenHunter_57 Nov. 25 12.52.jpg

bandaro said:
The models he posted just seem to have a straight chamfer on them to fit the wheel, so it looks like they will fit, but might have issues with the fit/flex under power due to the small surface area and the movement it allows. I will be using a 48t pulley as well, so while I am fine modelling that up, just wondering how far it will need to be offset from the current pulley base if at all. I am assuming none, but just wanting to be sure before I send it off to be sls printed. The sls nylon should be stronger than what you guys use (sla printed abs, correct?)

Can't guarantee anything, but my personal experience is that the chamfer mates really well with the wheel; unsure about surface area but it shouldn't be an issue once the screws are tightened because there isn't very much lateral force.
FDM/FFF ABS, a little bit different from SLA.

@beto_pty
That's kinda cool. Let me know how it turns out, haha.

I've also modified my 40t model for use with the thick core clones, I'll find some time to upload them sometime this week...

havent printed it out the 48 toother, probably tomorrow..so no garantees...

Svenska thank you for the gear genarator and the original (thick) core pulley.. they are beautifully made..
Brent thank you for the abec clone pulley it fits very well..

However as neither of you wanted the part posted on thingiverse i do not know if i can post this?

Please confirm...

Back