3D printed parts Depository

I don't mind you posting a "remix" or whatever; it just seemed a little weird if you were posting a duplicate, haha.

brent said:
I don't mind you posting a "remix" or whatever; it just seemed a little weird if you were posting a duplicate, haha.
Yes of course, as I said before the designs will be credited to you, i just mixed and matched... you are the genious behind the abec clone core holder..
That brings us halfway there..

so Svenska con I post the complete pulley that uses your tooth repeater design (the gear)?

Assuming we get a green light here are there requests for other htd5 gear sizes or belt widths?

No offense brent :)

Voodoo is actually the first to make the "Hub centric" pulley adapter. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=56952&hilit=hub+centric#p849336

I made mine after hearing about Voodoo's Hub Centric which works wonders. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=56952&hilit=hub+centric&start=50#p858221. I didn't use a fully 3d printed pulley though as I didn't trust it.

No problem there..

Thanks to voodojar and torque as well.. however If i remember correctly torque/voodojar's pulley did not fit the clones..

I will link him as a remix as well just so than anyone interested can have all the options.. the idea is simply to have all the mainstream htd5 gear alternatives within easy reach.

Yeah they both fit the clones. During that time there were 2 different clones. thin core (copy of ABEC) and thick core (slightly different) thicker core lines.

Even now the actual clone's core (thick core) isn't the exact dimensions as the original "ABECs" they are close but you'll need the different pieces to fit through them.

I don't know if Voodoo was the first to come up with that but I for sure wasn't.
I designed mine completely from scratch after realizing that Voodoos didn't fit for me(Wrong angles around the wheel. Maybe because I'm using 83mm?).
Said this, my design is for sure heavily influenced by Voodoos and no credit for the idea is taken by me.
That is one reason I haven't put it up on Thingiverse so far.
Wanted to get Voodoos permission first.

@ Voodoo

Would you mind if I put my design up on Thingiverse?

wooohoo
I guess we are jamming now
thank you all...

Here is the 42t HTD5 abec clone wheel gear
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:565583

You should probably state whether it is thick core or thin core Flywheel clones and what type of bolts to use.

I've been busy with a bunch of other products but once I free up some time. I'd like to have different 3d enclosures for different ESCs + more stuff.

I want to make a foot stop also.. lol

The bolt types will have to be done by someone in a standardized country... I will go to the hardware store and try all till they fit.. anyone who knows please pitch in...

I believe the 40t/42t are both abec clones 83mm thick cores.. however all my wheels where purchased in a single buy so they are all identical. Last I heard all clones are now thick cores and any thin cores are just warehouse leftovers or colors that did not sell well. So black abec clones purchased today will very probably be thick cores...

The 48t is hopefully adequate for the abec11 98mm (original) flywheels. Have not printed it yet.. but will let you know as soon as I have one out.

ok.. guys.. gotta go get some bolts...

edit: what is a foot stop?

Yes, true. All ABEC Flywheel clones are now only thick core. They no longer sell the thin core version. If there are any available it's old inventory.

I use M6 bolts for my wheels which I think most people do as they fit nice and snug in the thick core abec clones.

Footstop just holds your foot in place if your board isn't that gripy. These ones in the photo were once 3d printed then they now mass produced them after they got molds made. :mrgreen:

How bout a wheel pulley for speed vent ...and how bout a pulley that doesn't require any bolts like evolve's or dirk diggler's Imaterialize.com pulley?
I still haven't cast anything but am planning on it. Anyone have any success casting anything? Sand casting has limits which I'm hearing can be largely eliminated with the pla pattern in the sand. I'm surprised more people on here aren't trying to cast a pulley or mount- mix your hobbies.
Designing with clay and scanning I got a pretty lame result and am now using a design program.
Any of you use sketchup? I've been...but I can't get exact dimensions to happen, know how? The push/pull feature seems to move solely in large increments.

torqueboards said:
Footstop just holds your foot in place if your board isn't that gripy. These ones in the photo were once 3d printed then they now mass produced them after they got molds made. :mrgreen:

Cool idea.. i'll look into that

Hummina Shadeeba said:
How bout a wheel pulley for speed vent ...and how bout a pulley that doesn't require any bolts like evolve's or dirk diggler's Imaterialize.com pulley?
I still haven't cast anything but am planning on it. Anyone have any success casting anything? Sand casting has limits which I'm hearing can be largely eliminated with the pla pattern in the sand. I'm surprised more people on here aren't trying to cast a pulley or mount- mix your hobbies.
Designing with clay and scanning I got a pretty lame result and am now using a design program.
Any of you use sketchup? I've been...but I can't get exact dimensions to happen, know how? The push/pull feature seems to move solely in large increments.

I've made several pulleys using a silicone mold and cast resin with success.

Don't remember where I got the idea for the pulley inserts but chances are I stole it from good guy Voodoo.
Is anybody else having issues with the wheel running out? The pulley insert seems fine, but the entire wheel (and the pulley with it) does a sort of wobble when it spins, with a visible runout of <1mm. Possibly because one of the bearings is partially(or fully?) sitting on the threads, which are undersized compared to the rest of the axle/shaft.

@Beto: Is that a thick core wheel you have? If it is (it looks like it is), the wheel insert will fit but you won't be able to get any bolts through.

brent said:
the wheel insert will fit but you won't be able to get any bolts through.

Yup tried to put them in yesterday and no dice...
no problem will try to center them on sw and hopefully align them to fit..

Sorry about not making that clearer.

I've added the models for inserts that work with the thick cored wheels to Thingiverse, you can probably just slap that into your old CAD model and it should work.
I only have a 9mm version up, though: I'll try and put a 15mm version up sometime soon.

awesome i wil try that on monday
thanks man

I actually sent voodoo the stl file. I had an engineer design it for me. Dont' know how much of it Voodoo kept of the original file. It was designed for the older thin cores. I wanted to have an extra bearing in it, but the axles are too short for that to work. The hub works without the bearing though. You can add bolts to it if needed, but I've either glued them into the wheels or just had the belt keep it in place. Works for me.

Back