4s E-board for a kid?

Gatwod

10 mW
Since building my longboard I've gotten a ton of questions from friends wanting me to build them one! A coworker wants me to make 3 Longboards for her children for Xmas, the heaviest kid weighs around 90lbs. I was wondering if running a 4s setup would be a way to save her some money? Or if it's an efficient power setup

Thanks in advance guys!

I made one for my son and it is 4s with a t handle. 4s was a great way to limit his top speed (12-15mph). At some point he'll be able to handle 6s (20-25mph)
[youtube]q9eoc562kcw[/youtube]

I've let my little brothers ride my board on 4s, and it was perfect.

On a side note, did you get my latest pm? Is sent it on friday, and it had the tracking number of the mamba monster 2. (I'll delete this part after I know you got it, or if I need to resend the PM)

This is perfect, just want to make sure running 4s was a viable option before I began preparations :)

That T-handle is an awesome idea too... Thanks for the posts.

Just curious what kind of esc's you guys are using? I figured 6s and just running them on 4s, but wanted to check if there's a decent 4s esc that I should consider.

I searched and found Beto and he has all his boards linked under his bio...he's got some great stuff.

I'm really impressed by mounting the balance charger under the board, those 4s systems are small! Should work perfect for a kid, no hassle of dealing with the headache of balancing multiple lipos and dealing with complicated chargers.

Back