850C compatible with TSDZ2B ?

Hi All,

I ordered this kit from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef1802DNO2WN

Down the near the end it says "Supports up to 54.6V input voltage,this motor cannot works on 58.4V input voltage"

I ordered the 52 v battery from em3ev and emailed them to see if I can change it to 48v because charged the 52v em3ev battery is around 58.8v if I remember correctly so. Will it really not work or fry the controller ?

Another issues is that I ordered the 850c display, is it plug and play without having to modify firmware and cabling ?

A 48v battery is about 54v full. A 52v battery is about 58v full.

If a part gives a max voltage limit it's a good idea to honor that limit--exceeding it risks damage if the limit is an electrical one. If the limit is software it may simply disable itself above that limit, or operate incorrectly, etc.

Unfortunately you won't know which of those it is until you exceed the limit. :(

There is a big TSDZ2 thread that you can look thru to see what others have experienced with that specific version of that model of drive, if anyone has posted about their results.

Regarding the display....if the display comes with the controller/system, it shoudl work with it. Otherwise, in general, displays and controllers are not intercompatible, and may be wired differently, or even if they are wired the same may not be able to talk to each other, or if they do, they may not be able to access all the settings or all the range of values for a setting.

That TSDZ2 thread mentions various displays, too.

There is also TSDZ2 open source firmware, with at least one big thread about it, which can be installed in the main unit and various displays to make them compatible. Don't know if it includes the parts yo'ure getting, but it's worth looking into.

Last edited:
A 48v battery is about 54v full. A 52v battery is about 58v full.

If a part gives a max voltage limit it's a good idea to honor that limit--exceeding it risks damage if the limit is an electrical one. If the limit is software it may simply disable itself above that limit, or operate incorrectly, etc.

Unfortunately you won't know which of those it is until you exceed the limit. :(

There is a big TSDZ2 thread that you can look thru to see what others have experienced with that specific version of that model of drive, if anyone has posted about their results.

Regarding the display....if the display comes with the controller/system, it shoudl work with it. Otherwise, in general, displays and controllers are not intercompatible, and may be wired differently, or even if they are wired the same may not be able to talk to each other, or if they do, they may not be able to access all the settings or all the range of values for a setting.

That TSDZ2 thread mentions various displays, too.

There is also TSDZ2 open source firmware, with at least one big thread about it, which can be installed in the main unit and various displays to make them compatible. Don't know if it includes the parts yo'ure getting, but it's worth looking into.
Thanks, yes I'll head over to the main thread and see what I can find out, in the meantime I emailed em3ev to see if I can change the order to the 48v to be safe.

Back