8fun geared hub in 26" wheel

DanGT86

100 kW
Good day
I'll start at$50+shipping. Please let me know if that sounds unreasonable.
Motor is in St. Louis Missouri

Update to save you some reading. This sale fell through. Anybody want this motor?

For sale here is a used 8fun geared hub motor in a 26" wheel. I don't know the history of it because it was from a donated non running ebike. This is another part I am rescuing from the scrap bin for my friends bike charity. Rim is relatively true with no signs of damage. See video linked below for test spin and no load power and rpm. No air in tire in the vid so it looks more wobbly than it is.

• 8Fun logo cast into hub/Currie technology according sticker
  • probably 250watt rated based on size
  • No load rpm 381 at 40v (about 30mph)
  • No load watts 50-55 at 381 rpm
  • wires in good condition
  • neat little junction box for connections that zip ties to chainstay
  • 12 lbs total with tire (uninflated) :D
  • good condition shimano 34-13 megarange freewheel

[youtube]tD_4EU_lWMU[/youtube]
2023-01-29 12.20.08.jpg
2023-01-29 12.20.26.jpg
2023-01-29 12.20.44.jpg
2023-01-29 12.22.05.jpg

Last edited:
i want to buy it as soon as my income tax hits the card ill let u know, how much is to ship to enfield ct?

yes it is...

i want to buy it as soon as my income tax hits the card ill let u know, how much is to ship to enfield ct?
I will check shipping and let you know. Sorry about the delayed response. I'm still adjusting to the new forum format and havent been checking my posts as efficiently as I used to.

Also, If you are in the market for a geared hub motor I also have one in a 27.5" rim. I believe its a 500+ watt motor. Its unused. I have not tested it so I didn't list it for sale yet.

I figured I would at least mention it so you don't buy this one and see the other one posted a week later.

cool beans, im waiting til the wife cools down for about a day i ordered a battery and she flipped out a little,, but im trying to put bikes together for both of us... the other geared hub motor is similar with a bigger rim? would packaging them both provide better shipping rates? we have to manditory drive 16 miles every morning for appointments and this seems like a sound and fun investment if i can get it together economically enough. so im definitely going to take the one it just mite take a day or 2 to make sure we dont gotta big argument over here for less than really important stuff. ill probably end up re lacing that 27.5er into a 26 inch rim unless it just fits on this 26 mountain bike frame, its probably more work than necessary to aask for just the other hub either, but i figured id cover all my bases here..
yet another edit, if the 27 has a tire on it it will fit on the front of my bike here its a 135mm dropout fork i can throw it right on mostlikely even if its a rear....

Last edited:
Hello, I am interested in this and would take it if you still have it available. I just stripped my planetary gears in my emoto ridge 4.5 and couldn't find replacements, so I really need to get my bike working again soon.

im ready, ill buy both of them unless you want to do something else, just let me know how much and where to send it and how soon and whatnots...

It looks like the shipping is about 2x the price for the larger box so if you arent sure you want the 27.7" one you aren't really saving money with a package deal. because the axles are so long the box gets way bigger trying to fit them both side by side. Its about $70-75 to ship them both.

The 27.5" from what I can tell is rated for more power and is new so once tested for function I would have listed it for more than this used 8fun motor. So I guess what am getting at is this: If you want them both and are willing to take a chance on this new one being untested then I will send them both to you for $175 total.
That's $50 per motor plus $75 shipping.

If you just want the 8fun motor like we originally talked about than its $90 total.

Hopefully that all makes sense. Testing it requires a lot of time and I would need to buy a pigtail that connects to it or cut the nice connector off the motor. So the price of the new one unfortunately goes up once I verify that it works.

Here is the best info I could find by googling the part number on the new 27.5 motor. Looks to be identical to this one but with a threaded freewheel rather than integrated freehub.

new hub 3.jpg
new hub 2.jpg
new hub.jpg

Hello, I am interested in this and would take it if you still have it available. I just stripped my planetary gears in my emoto ridge 4.5 and couldn't find replacements, so I really need to get my bike working again soon.
Thanks for the interest in the motor. I generally try to give the rights of refusal to people in the order they reached out. If Two4Seven SuprDan doesn't but this stuff I will definitely consider you next in line.

ok , yes i can use both of them, no need to test or anything, just let me know where to send payment and or u can email me suprdan@proton.me. grin sells those motors with those z9x connectors and i can take care of it if it needs anything. i actually want a taller tire on the front of the bike im building i bought a fork for it and ill unscrew the freewheel also. thanks. hopefully the cold doesnt make it impossible to paint the frame up nice.

This used 8fun motor is 26".

The unused motor is 27.5" and is for sale in this thread:

You could run either of these motors with most of the inexpensive generic ebike controllers on the market. I do not currently have any controllers to sell.

Back