9C on a tour easy clone

docnjoj said:
Yeah, torker! Recumbents really cry out for rear suspensions, at least. So do their drivers! :)
otherDoc

HaHa Yea I have really noticed it now that I am going faster and doing more miles. I've had 3 back surgeries so I always look for the smoothest areas to ride. I really want to electrify my EZ-Rider with rear susp. but I gotta find a job first :x Such is life!!

Don't forget to keep the unsprung weight as low as possible on rear suspensions. That means no X-lyte 50xx on the back! That 25 lbs really kills any attempt at suspending! The EZ-Rider rear suspension looks pretty good!
otherDoc

Yea I might be better off with a front hub. I know I sure like it on the TE. I saw the rear 9C on EBike.Ca and I think it has the mounting so I could keep the disc brake but not sure if they offer a front with disc option.

Just for kicks I weighed the te tonight. Looks like 79 lbs.- 35 r 44 f Then with me on it the bias changes :eek: 170 r 90 f fwiw Not really sure if weighing one end at a time is accurate, plus I am using a cheap bath scale..

Back