A companys going out of business auction in Cambridge MA

DaLanMan

10 kW
I have my hands in a lot of weird cookie jars, one of them plopped out this tidbit today.

A company in the ebike space called Superdestrian has evidently gone belly up, the auction for the remains of the stuff they owned is starting like now ish.

I looked at it briefly but it is less than interesting to have to figure out how to get wierd objects shipped cross country than anything I saw at first glimpse.

However, it may have something for one of ya'all, because frankly the level of comprehension difference here is large enough that I look at something and think "nope, nothing for me there" and I realise it is probably because I am not actually parsing the information well enough to know I am missing out.

In any case, here is a link to the auction, hope it is of value to someone.

yeah I posted minutes after I got the email. Had not been tracking MA auctions very closely.

There is an up-coming one for a company doing self driving tech and they are dumping a fleet that includes a bunch of mid-conversion trucks (as in Big rig trucks) and the battery packs never used etc. I will post it when I find it.

There is another auction kicking off in a couple days, buncha ebike parts no idea why, will post a link in a bit if ya want it

That was the one...

In the near future are a few more auctions that you might be interested in. for the ones in the SF Bay area I can if you need pick up and ship for you, will do so either at cost of the shipping (your choice) or if I am *not* buying from that auction, I will ask my guy what he charges for a single run to a location (I use this guy all the time, youngster with a flatbed can and will haul anything).

In any case the auctions that look cool:

Ebike company It looks exactly like what I want, not sure how these are actually configged

Tucson (I am probably picking up some stuff from this one)

Sunnyvale Look through the stuff, they have a stack of LifPo batts etc

The units in question

How are you picking up from the Tucson one? I called a UPS in Tucson and they seemed willing to charge a fee to do the pick up (process sounded rather informal). I'm bidding for LIDAR units hoping for a great deal since they have so many, how about you?

Various items being bid on. I have a guy that does item pickup for me. I have a 800pnd shipment going to Taos, so pickup is on the back side of that

::grins:: Montana eh...

I have people in Montana...

One of them drives a truck...

So, unless it is ridiculously expensive I am getting one.

I might go for a stack of frames and rear ends.. .But only if I can find some folks who fo sho want one.. Because I like it. I want a rickshaw, just need to figger out how to get it up to like 40-50 :😆: a ride at your own risk service.

Wow, lots of cargo trikes:
Group - Category
Sporting Goods - Sporting Goods / Outdoor Recreation - Bicycles, Scooters & More
Lead
Coaster Cycles E-Trike (20" Rear Wheels)
Description
Lot of (3) consisting of: Electric 3-wheel Bike W/ Cargo Container Manufacturer: Coaster Cycles, Model: Venture, ;Paint: Powder Coat
Front Tire Size: 26" x 2.35"
Rear Tire Size: 20"
ECT Weight (Unloaded): 170 lbs
Overall ECT Footprint (inches): 88 L x 36 W x 41
Cargo Capacity: 13.5 cubic feet
Suggested Rider Height: 4'10" to 6'6"
Max Rider Weight: 264 lbs
Cargo Max Load: 400 lbs
Recommended Tire Pressure: 35 psi
Motor: Bosch Cargo Line 85 Nm
Drivetrain: Manual Sh See photos for details.
Located at 9257 Bonner Mill Rd, Bonner, Montana, United States 59823
SAM ID: 38664f82-0fa0-4542-820e-b78adc8a5a28

Too bad it's Bosch based instead of generic controllers. I've heard their BMS' will brick themselves if you open up the batteries and their components require talking to each other to function and other enthusiast unfriendly things for those of us who like to mix and match parts.

I'd totally buy the tub of power tools too, if I wasn't off on a Disney cruise for my wife and kid that week:

Welpers later today I am gonna ping my guy and see what the situation is and what it would take to get a truck out from there to here... probably with a trailer...

Then I have to see how many other nutters fit in the pod around here.

DaLanMan, I hope your guy can't help you because otherwise I might be convinced to join in and buy a trike I'll never use.

Brother, I have some bad news, he is down to drive for me... It helps that his mum in law loves me.. :😆:

In any case, if he can't do it, his wife (also a certified trucker) is willing to do it. I even managed to bum a trailer from a buddy, just have to cover fuel and feed everyone when they are here. (I make the worlds best vegetarian pot stickers... I am told by the vegetarians that I feed em too. Can't say it for sure m'self, never ordered a vegetarian anything) I suspect that this warehouse being in what I am pretty sure is the 2nd least populous state, it is gonna be a pretty reasonable event.

My wife about killed me for using her parking spot for a cpl months... Now I am gonna take up the entire garage....

But on a more serious note. If anyone wants a frame and they are in route twixt here and there, I can probably make arrangements to make that happen, I will not however try to arrange it after I win the auction, the trip will be planned out well in advance and I am not gonna ask the lovely folks doing me a favor if you can not get organised enough to say "yes, I want one"

Granted, the wife did say if I got the one with the big grey box on the back... she is painting it black and getting the words "Paddy Wagon" on it.. ::mutters::

So did a bit of digging on the images...

Here The test bike has sketchy cable management, so we see the wires hanging out of the front. and in the cargo area of the bike is what looks like a hub motor?

This one Shows fluid for brakes, and a battery box, still can not see where the power is being applied to the rear axle.

Hm, mid point of the chain appears to have a bulky sprocket, so a mid-drive... And, lots of room for batteries and electronics. They did a good job with the insulated loom, early in my life I spent an ungodly amount of time under trucks fixing wiring.

Rear Wheel is a chonker, but def nothing but a wee axle.

The cases of wheels showed 26 and 20... This info segment says the rears are 26, but there is no way, that tire in the rear is smaller.

Yes, I tend to do a bit of obsessive investigation when I am gonna toss down a lot of money, proper planning prevents piss poor performance. Should have seen me in my Army days going over the maps and imagery...

It is a possibility. I am currently looking to get 1 complete unit (not even sure what, just to see how they did it) rear wheel kits and a stack of frames. Seems odd I know but I have a plan so cunning you could stick a wheel on it and call it a weasel.

I am of the impression that I am already at a load level that requires a full size trailer, so there is like 2/3rds of it empty from what I can tell. i will have more info later this weekend (today is a religious day for them, so I expect to hear businessy stuff tomorrow)

Once I have it to my place in mid caly, you are a couple hours south and I have vehicles that can transport all of the above... just not all at once.

It shouldn't be terrible, diesel is cheap and I have a couple other people wanting to get some stuff, and the main portion I will run through my company and write it off.

Now if I could just get my battery guy in shapes again... I knew I should have bought more in Dec...

that is hilarious. It is near to me, but the whole of central cali falls in that group,...

I am kind of surprised at the price, I thought these were selling for like 4k berore the money troubles...

Maybe I should keep my yapper shut.... I'm a small handful of hrs from Missoula via Lolo pass - not prudent this time of year, however.

No wants here anyway - well... I'd love to bring the lathe home,,.. if I had a place to put it. 😁

Back