A Very Very Low Cost Electric Bike from Pakistan

numberonebikeslover said:
Hello guys;
I hope everybody is keeping well. I don’t know where to begin try to be brief.

Firstly I want to condemn the cowardly act of terrorism which took place the other day in Abdul Wali Khan University and students and professors were killed. Those who are responsible are neither human nor animals because animals don’t such brutal things. The Government, organizations and people are fighting this war on terror with their meager resources but now people are rising against these bullying coward attacks on their own and when the people unite, they win the war because unity is strength. Even I have requested my Director to purchase a gun for me to defend my institution with the best of my abilities when the time comes and I promise you I wouldn’t go down with out a fight. I’m not sure about my university and the lives of all of us whether I will be there to tell the story to you people out there tomorrow or may be this night of mine is the last to tell my story from my room.

The reason for my absence is that my mother got so sick that I had to leave everything for her, even changed my life style and quit things I liked the most. She is her early 80s and first she was diagnosed with Tuberculosis. During medication she became worst and worst due to negative response of her body reactions towards huge antibiotics and at a point we lost hop of her recovery. As soon as she regained she got caught up with Asthma and still she is a patient who needs oxygen on regular basis. I am so busy with her and remain so worried for her that I lost the will to do any thing other than serving her. And that is the major reason for me being absent from the forum. Moreover, I started my studies from graduation(general qualification) then Bachelors in Education (B.Ed.) and just today faced viva of my Masters in Education (M.Ed.) now I have to wait for my results. I have also been given the opportunity to work as a lecturer (Specialized in Teacher Training) at my University in Directorate of Distance Education and hence got extremely busy with my daily routine.
Another reason for me being absent was that I lost my usnername and passward for entering the forum. Today I struck upon some old diary whereby I noted paswards and stuff and here I am.

My electric bike is in the garage and I am unable to use it as it requires a good DC motor as the old one burnt off once again one day and also destroyed my Lithium battery that I made out of laptop cells.

I became a professional teacher trainer with the thought that I as a person can make may be one or two bikes, but imagine if I teach and transfer my knowledge to kids through training their teachers, I can’t estimate exactly how many great scientist could be produced who will discover and invent may be other ways of doing things the way we never thought would be possible.

I’ll try to stay intouch intermittently in weekends.

Sincerely
Naeem

This post has nothing to do with technical knowledge. I have always been a lurker but having discovered your thread I really have to post this. Your story and experience gave me new perspective to life, in some ways I feel like I have taken many things in my life for granted. All I am doing here is thinking on what new motors to splurge on and have it delivered to my doorsteps while there you are doing your very best out of your life situations to make the things you want work.

Starting from Page 1.. It felt like a movie experience to me, I was so afraid that it would end.. but Page 18 came faster than I wanted it to.. The silver lining is... you're safe and you did came back to give everyone a brief update to your life. It would have suck if it was an open page ending!! You were indeed gone for a good 3 years almost, anything could have happened!

No words can express my admiration for you. Your selfless personality also makes me want to do something productive and not to take things for granted in life. Friend Naeem, I don't know if you will ever be back to ES.. but if there is ever a way to contact you besides Email and ES.. please let me know. I would love to be a friend to you and help you out in whatever I can.

Dear All;

We the people working in University of Peshawar are in a state of great uncertainty after the terrorist attack on Abdul Wali Khan University Charsadda. Our university has already received so many threat warnings from the so called terrorists time and again. Every day when I have to leave my home for university, I meet my parents who are in their 80s and my wife and kid to whom I am everything, like a soldier who leaves his home with hopes to come back from war. Every night when I go to bed I am lost in thoughts of the future of my family. It is not the solution to sit in my home and leave my teaching and education. To others it may be just going to the job but for me its like fighting a war for the love of my country and I am proud about it. I will not hide under my table if there is an attack. I will fight with what ever I have. Govt. has promised to provide us with weapons because there is not other way to defend our selves.

You people on the ES is like a family for me who although very far but have always been very near to my heart.

Please pray for me.

If I have a chance in life I will convert a car alternator to a Motor as suggested by one of my friend on ES as this could be a suitable Brushless motor for my E-bike. Would the following controller (on Hobby King) is gona work as a controller for such a car alternator motor?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=33984

Sincerely Yours
Naeem

What ever happened with our awesome ebike from Pakistan...

Can you toss up a few pics of your current projects?

-methods

methods said:

-methods

Dear Methods and all my family members in ES;

A good day to you all;

Lost my lovely lady (my mother ) on 7th Dec, 2016, went through a series of mental problems due to the loss and it took me quite some time to recover. One of my psychologist friend suggested to change to house, will lessen the pain of her loss, hence living in university campus location far from my home town. I thought I my lights will dim with sorrow and pain and will die of the sorrow of her loss, but my wife helped me all the way.

I have gotten rid of my Hapititus-C after the loss of my mom, it was so painful to admit the fact that she was not there to see my -ve reports.

We have almost won the war on terrorism at the cost of precious lives. Thanks to Pak-Army who very tactically defeated the so called terrorists.

I have completed my Masters of Philosophy in Teacher Education and awaiting my Public Defense of my dissertation. Topic of my research was trangulated and extracted from the three methods of teachings i.e. Methods of teaching of God in the Holy Quran, Methods of Teaching of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him) and methods of teaching of Socrates and it was entitled as "Use of teacher's questions leading to effective teaching learning process. All my education and so many other things like the medication and cure my mother's illness and my illness with Hapititus-C were possible only due to financial assistance of some of my friends out there. May Allah Bless them all with eternal happiness.

I am looking forward to get admission in Ph.D. and become a teacher trainer in the days to come to produce more energetic and determined scientists through training their teachers. This way I will proclaim my self successful one day when I will see a story like mine on ES from Peshawar of an E-bike builder.

These days my father is bed-ridden (91 years old) I am serving him as best as i can with all my resources and I hope he may have these last years of his life happy and peaceful. I can't imagine how every one here have to leave this world and die one day, but it is a bitter fact. "Every living soul has to taste the Death (Al-Quran)". We Muslims believe in the eternal life after death so may be I'll meet them in the life to come. But truly, it is very painful to live without my parents.

I've been promoted to officer rank now in BPS-16 and having a handsome salary now I thank to my Allah for that and have made daily charity my routine as a thanks for what ever I have blessed with. The best charity is to feed the hunger and thats what I love to do every day. Believe me, war on terror has brought misery and poverty in our city.

About my projects, If i ever had time in life I intend to turn a self starter of a car which is readily available in the market into a motor and make a solar powered go cart to travel to my office and back and may be for shopping to nearby mall.

Moreover, I am powering my house with the green energy of solar pannels now. I've done all the work my self and having about more than a 1000 ah of batteries which last till about 2:00 to 3:00 pm night, then I have to shut off the fridge to make it last till the day light. This year I intend to increase batteries to enhance battery packs to make it through the entire night with electrical power.

Please remember me in your prayers.

Yours Sincerely
Naeem

Good of you to get back after so many years.

I have found that it can be very hard to climb out of bad times. It takes a lot of time. Years, maybe a decade some times. To keep my spirits up I have found that physical exercise helps a lot.

Anyway -
As the years go by, my bikes look more and more like the original bike you built. :wink:

-methods

Glad to hear you are still at it Naeem.

Your power project is similar to my backup power unit built from discarded hybrid car batteries. Here in California they like to turn off our power for days at a time when it becomes windy and there is high risk of wild fire. Like you, my refrigerator eats too much power to keep running on batteries for long. If I had enough solar panels, I think by battery pack could last overnight barely. Other than the fridge, I can run pretty much everything else.

Best wishes for the future. Never stop innovating. :thumb:

Greetings Naeem my eunuch friend wherever you are i hope ubare having a blessed time working with your hands. Shalom

Salute other Endless Sphere folks

numberonebikeslover said:
methods said:

-methods

Dear Methods and all my family members in ES;

A good day to you all;

Lost my lovely lady (my mother ) on 7th Dec, 2016, went through a series of mental problems due to the loss and it took me quite some time to recover. One of my psychologist friend suggested to change to house, will lessen the pain of her loss, hence living in university campus location far from my home town. I thought I my lights will dim with sorrow and pain and will die of the sorrow of her loss, but my wife helped me all the way.

I have gotten rid of my Hapititus-C after the loss of my mom, it was so painful to admit the fact that she was not there to see my -ve reports.

We have almost won the war on terrorism at the cost of precious lives. Thanks to Pak-Army who very tactically defeated the so called terrorists.

I have completed my Masters of Philosophy in Teacher Education and awaiting my Public Defense of my dissertation. Topic of my research was trangulated and extracted from the three methods of teachings i.e. Methods of teaching of God in the Holy Quran, Methods of Teaching of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him) and methods of teaching of Socrates and it was entitled as "Use of teacher's questions leading to effective teaching learning process. All my education and so many other things like the medication and cure my mother's illness and my illness with Hapititus-C were possible only due to financial assistance of some of my friends out there. May Allah Bless them all with eternal happiness.

I am looking forward to get admission in Ph.D. and become a teacher trainer in the days to come to produce more energetic and determined scientists through training their teachers. This way I will proclaim my self successful one day when I will see a story like mine on ES from Peshawar of an E-bike builder.

These days my father is bed-ridden (91 years old) I am serving him as best as i can with all my resources and I hope he may have these last years of his life happy and peaceful. I can't imagine how every one here have to leave this world and die one day, but it is a bitter fact. "Every living soul has to taste the Death (Al-Quran)". We Muslims believe in the eternal life after death so may be I'll meet them in the life to come. But truly, it is very painful to live without my parents.

I've been promoted to officer rank now in BPS-16 and having a handsome salary now I thank to my Allah for that and have made daily charity my routine as a thanks for what ever I have blessed with. The best charity is to feed the hunger and thats what I love to do every day. Believe me, war on terror has brought misery and poverty in our city.

About my projects, If i ever had time in life I intend to turn a self starter of a car which is readily available in the market into a motor and make a solar powered go cart to travel to my office and back and may be for shopping to nearby mall.

Moreover, I am powering my house with the green energy of solar pannels now. I've done all the work my self and having about more than a 1000 ah of batteries which last till about 2:00 to 3:00 pm night, then I have to shut off the fridge to make it last till the day light. This year I intend to increase batteries to enhance battery packs to make it through the entire night with electrical power.

Please remember me in your prayers.

Yours Sincerely
Naeem

you should try and move to a country that will provide the right infrastructure for your passion!
you have my help in Israel, that is for sure :)

Back