A2B Metro Style Fenders for 26" x 2.5 hookworms

crusoe

100 W
Hey guys, I've been looking for a while for a full coverage large fender, similar to the a2b metro style. I'm running 26" x 2.5 hookworms on a DH Comp. I haven't been able to find squat, has anyone else had any luck in looking for something similar?

I just fitted these to my V10. Some cutting, few holes drilled and used standard bicycle fender mounts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trials-Pl...00?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5897d54a18

8752_1.GIF

Painted black, and tested in the wet mountain trails. Light weight, flexible, no rattle noise... Ready for the winter :wink:

This is two front fenders. The rear is too wide to mount clean on the bike, and the curve wouldn't match a 26in wheel anyway.

dsc03383r.jpg

dsc03382di.jpg

They look awesome Madrhino, thanks for posting up the link and the pictures. Out of interest, you say they are two fronts, but aren't they two rears? I only ask because when I clicked through on the link I saw you could buy them individually, but the front versions have the lip at the back and the rears don't, so unless you cut yours, yours look like what they call rears, or am I confused? Also, did you make up the holding wires (the wires going from the stays to the guard) or do they come with it?

Whoa! Now those look amazing! Thanks for posting :)

Philistine, it looks like the one with the flap is the front fender. It looks as if the fenders on his bike are mounted with those flaps facing foward (had they not been cut off as he mentioned in his post)

Yep. they are front fenders that have been cut. They are made to cut at two places, for use with different models of trial motorcycles. As for any modern trial motorcycles, they have a rear wheel that is smaller and wider. The rear trial fender would match a 24in bicycle wheel but it is made for a 4in wide tire. The front is made for 3in tires and does match with 27.5in OD that is the size of a big 26in DH tire. The mounts are not included, I fitted standard bicycle fender mounts.

Great info! Now if only winter wasn't coming so fast we could get an Ottawa/Gat/Mtl crew together to ride our new offroad race track!

Where did you get your fender mounting brackets from Madrhino? I can't seem to find any like your front ones, with the plastic wrap around part for the suspension.

The mounting brackets were taken off normal bicycle fenders, like those:

FE1002.jpg

For the front, the holding straps on the fork lowers were made from alu sheet metal (cut off a no parking sign). On the top, I just screwed a small angle bracket under the fender, and tie wrapped it on the crown. I used rubber sheet spacers to save the fork from scratches.

dsc03401xg.jpg

I did the same.

xEnPahFN

Hey MadRhino, do you have any problems with the rear fender mount not being stiff enough and hitting your rear tire? I used the thickest coat hangers I could find but the entire rear fender wobbles like mad.

No problem at all, it is quiet and steady, but I didn't use coat hangers. I believe no coat hanger is stiff enough. You need to use the standard fender mounting wires, or better.

Back